SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Tackle Box (Lures, Baits, Rigs) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Who uses left handed reels? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7812)

jpeff31787 02-17-2010 08:54 AM

Who uses left handed reels?

If anyone uses left hand retreive reels, you can get them for CHEAP on ebay!! I saw some brand new curados go for less than 100 bucks. Almost make me want to start using my left hand to reel. Just wanted to let you leftys know.

"W" 02-17-2010 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpeff31787 (Post 115442)
If anyone uses left hand retreive reels, you can get them for CHEAP on ebay!! I saw some brand new curados go for less than 100 bucks. Almost make me want to start using my left hand to reel. Just wanted to let you leftys know.

talked about this yesterday..........Just because they say brand new...That dont really mean BRAND NEW........ I was in formed by the Shimano Dealer that these reels going cheep on Ebay are Refurbished reels.... Selling new, Dont get me wrong the reels work but what happens is...... If you buy a reel from Academy and it breaks...You ship back to Shimano and they fix it...well that reel cant be re sold in a Major store like Academy but its still a good reel! So these small companies pick them up half price and sale on Ebay....

So you are getting a second hand reel or Refurbished reel. By Law they can say its brand new because it came from Shimano as a new reel after refurbished

Dink 02-17-2010 09:05 AM

I'm a righty but use lefty reels.......when I cast, I just start reeling.....none of the switching rod from hand to hand to cast then retrieve.....its easier, and the reels are always cheaper!!!!!

Salty 02-17-2010 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 115443)
talked about this yesterday..........Just because they say brand new...That dont really mean BRAND NEW........ I was in formed by the Shimano Dealer that these reels going cheep on Ebay are Refurbished reels.... Selling new, Dont get me wrong the reels work but what happens is...... If you buy a reel from Academy and it breaks...You ship back to Shimano and they fix it...well that reel cant be re sold in a Major store like Academy but its still a good reel! So these small companies pick them up half price and sale on Ebay....

So you are getting a second hand reel or Refurbished reel. By Law they can say its brand new because it came from Shimano as a new reel after refurbished

Were them Corkys new? :eek: :confused: :smokin:

catch.and.fillet 02-17-2010 10:01 AM

None left that I can see for less than $100.

All "buy now" prices are about $20 cheaper than Academy but you're taking a chance......

longsidelandry 02-17-2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dink (Post 115444)
I'm a righty but use lefty reels.......when I cast, I just start reeling.....none of the switching rod from hand to hand to cast then retrieve.....its easier, and the reels are always cheaper!!!!!

I'm wayyyyyy to uncoordinated to use my left hand to reel

Jordan 02-17-2010 01:54 PM

ur barely coordinated to cast into 40 mph winds.... i caught a pelican !!!

Dink 02-17-2010 02:01 PM

It ain't hard. You get used to it in one trip.......do you reel with left hand on a spinning reel? I always did and figured it was an easy jump to baitcasters......I was rigt

longsidelandry 02-17-2010 02:01 PM

Nope, right hand all the way.

Dink 02-17-2010 02:03 PM

What do you do on the internet when your right hand is busy working the mouse?? Gotcha there!!!!

longsidelandry 02-17-2010 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dink (Post 115535)
What do you do on the internet when your right hand is busy working the mouse?? Gotcha there!!!!

I learned how to work the mouse with my left hand

bay_slayer 02-17-2010 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longsidelandry (Post 115537)
I learned how to work the mouse with my left hand

*****:*****::*****::help:

SULPHITE 02-17-2010 02:18 PM

ppffffffftttttttt!!! ambidextrous???

longsidelandry 02-17-2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SULPHITE (Post 115549)
ppffffffftttttttt!!! ambidextrous???

Nope, just determined! :*****:

Shawn Braquet 02-17-2010 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longsidelandry (Post 115553)

wow this convo went south quick barely saw it coming:shaking:

longsidelandry 02-17-2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn Braquet (Post 115592)
wow this convo went south quick barely saw it coming:shaking:

lol yea you got that right

huntin fool 02-17-2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 115443)

Is this the case witrh every reel mr. Shimano/ebay rep? NO. Okay, so yes a majority are refurbished, but doesn't mean the on ehe bought is! Go train a monkey or something!!! :smokin:

huntin fool 02-17-2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longsidelandry (Post 115553)

:*****::*****::cry::*****::*****:

Jordan 02-17-2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 115615)
Is this the case witrh every reel mr. Shimano/ebay rep? NO. Okay, so yes a majority are refurbished, but doesn't mean the on ehe bought is! Go train a monkey or something!!! :smokin:

get off ur phone and get on a computer fool

huntin fool 02-17-2010 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 115618)
get off ur phone and get on a computer fool

im on the computer holmes