SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Freshwater Fishing Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   "Occupy" White Oak dock day... (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31804)

Hydro 05-27-2012 02:46 PM

"Occupy" White Oak dock day...

Nothing special fish wise, lots of small bass and a couple of goggle-eyes... All caught and released...

Interesting times at the launch trying to get back on the trailer... The, lets just call them the "Addams Family", people were camped out on the dock in force today... None of them giving up any space, actually casting towards me while trying to dock giving me the "look" and all... Had I actually made it to the dock, I'm sure someone would have pissed in my boat or rewarded me with one of the several dirty diapers already stacking up in their "space" :pissed: while I was getting my truck and trailer...

Realizing fully that stupid cannot be fixed and I was waaaayyy outnumbered by the Addams', I elected to just beach the boat and crawl thru the bushes to access my truck and trailer...

Seems like this happens more often than not, especially on a Holiday weekend and all :shaking:... They are there trying to enjoy themselves while breaking at lest five laws, while making the rest of us who play by the rules miserable :cool:

Hydro

weedeater 05-27-2012 03:04 PM

This is when you back up to dock, trim motor all the way up and nail it in forward...... sign says no wake but nothing about washing the trash off the dock

Bluechip 05-27-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedeater (Post 438457)
This is when you back up to dock, trim motor all the way up and nail it in forward...... sign says no wake but nothing about washing the trash off the dock

Just don't let see what truck your driving lol...

weedeater 05-27-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluechip (Post 438459)
Just don't let see what truck your driving lol...

Just launch else where.... problem solved or get someone to do figure 8 around launch:smokin:

Hydro 05-27-2012 03:14 PM

This was the third time @ White Oak this happened to me, on two occasions I spoke with the Park Manager on my way out...

Parish law states no fishing within X-number of feet from a launch (50' maybe ? ) ...

Regardless its not worth trying to reason with the Addams Family, it wont get you anywhere but frustrated ...

Oh, and they parked their cars in the turn-around area as well :shaking:...

Hydro

PEACEKEEPER 05-28-2012 08:15 AM

Should have called the S.O. on them! They would have made them move! They have been told to monitor the launches more!

2ndamendment 05-28-2012 04:32 PM

Could always go with plan B. Go catch you a good size water snake, plenty on the river to choose from, and through it at them. Scatter em like flies.

Keywest18 05-28-2012 06:47 PM

You shouldve anchored about 60ft from the dock and started fishing towards it..

Hydro 05-28-2012 06:54 PM

Man, just dawned on me... I could have used a "Fig-8" :D !!!