SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Q about the site (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64813)

ahlangle 07-08-2016 08:23 AM

Q about the site

I am curious if SaltyCajun will ever add articles or publish articles about fishing/hunting SW LA?
If the creators are just not interested in that kind of site, I understand, but thought it was worth asking about.

I really enjoy the site, and it's all we've got for Big Lake, VBay, or anything outside of MS river delta, and I see how poorly done that other site is (tons of grammaticalerrors in articles, kind of artificial content, and a "SE LA only" attitude), and I know that with the knowledge and people we've got on SC that there could be some serious traffic if this operation was expanded.

Again, the creators may not want that sort of operation, and if that's the case I certainly understand. But if anyone agrees with me or has any opinions, I'd like to hear.
I'd gladly volunteer my time and love to help with it if that kind of expansion ever got started.

specknation 07-08-2016 08:58 AM

Tons of grammaticalerrors, practice what you preach. The other site actually talks about fishing and hunting.

DaPointIsDaBomb 07-08-2016 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specknation (Post 800503)
Tons of grammaticalerrors, practice what you preach. The other site actually talks about fishing and hunting.

Most of us are products of Louisiana public schools. Not all of us are Roads scholars

That being said I will volunteer to be VBay field reporter

swamp snorkler 07-08-2016 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb (Post 800505)
Most of us are products of Louisiana public schools. Not all of us are Roads scholars

That being said I will volunteer to be VBay field reporter

Rhodes Scholar.

J/K, I'm a top typo contributor to the site.

ahlangle 07-08-2016 12:13 PM

I aint righting no artical rite now, so i can spel howvr i like huh?
Look im just lookin to see if we could get some artikles on this site because its already wayyy kewler than LAsportsman.
#keepyourshirton #wemustalwayskeepourshirtson #roadzskolla

wishin i was fishin 07-08-2016 04:25 PM

We can have the V Bay mud report.

I can advise on top gafftop spots in the bay!

Jrchip1 07-08-2016 06:15 PM

Verm. Bay SW Pass to BL, has been overlooked, ignored. This time of year you need protection from the South Wind to have clear water/fish. Rockefeller will soon begin to build some new breakwaters, so MAYBE that will help the fishing. High winds and excess flooding from muddy freshwater doesn't help.

However, I'll take a little Muddy/fresh water, over zero freshwater diversions to get instant, year round oyster/fishing gratification, ie. SE La. (and rapid/overnight land loss).

duckman1911 07-08-2016 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahlangle (Post 800497)
I am curious if SaltyCajun will ever add articles or publish articles about fishing/hunting SW LA?
If the creators are just not interested in that kind of site, I understand, but thought it was worth asking about.

I really enjoy the site, and it's all we've got for Big Lake, VBay, or anything outside of MS river delta, and I see how poorly done that other site is (tons of grammaticalerrors in articles, kind of artificial content, and a "SE LA only" attitude), and I know that with the knowledge and people we've got on SC that there could be some serious traffic if this operation was expanded.

Again, the creators may not want that sort of operation, and if that's the case I certainly understand. But if anyone agrees with me or has any opinions, I'd like to hear.
I'd gladly volunteer my time and love to help with it if that kind of expansion ever got started.

Really dude? Answer this. Are you a premium member? Do you help pay to keep the site running? I don't recall ever seeing your name in the premium section so sit down s t f u and let the big boys play unless you're willing to put your money on the table.

Goooh 07-08-2016 08:21 PM

The other site is a jump off of a magazine, of course they will have articles.

This site here, this is reel talk son. Anything you need to know can be found by spending time in the forums learning from posts that aren't broadcast to the point that everyone in the country can find it through a Google search.

There's a ton of info here, and articles/write ups are repetitive. Nothing new comes from them except the way the words were put together.

BayBolt23 07-08-2016 08:31 PM

^^^^^^^BINGO^^^^^^

PotLikinisAhabbit 07-08-2016 09:34 PM

Dat boi spitting that fiya.

Dogface 07-09-2016 06:38 AM

Right on Goooh!!

ahlangle 07-09-2016 11:56 AM

Wow I see shirts coming off everywhere.
I was asking if articles were ever a consideration or would ever be something the website guys would like to do, because that would be cool. And if not, that's cool too.

I see now that there are some strong opinions (which I knew nothing about) already on the issue......

duckman1911 07-09-2016 12:36 PM

Write us an article and post it. If it's interesting it will get read.

ahlangle 07-09-2016 05:19 PM

That's a good idea, maybe if I could ask some guys some questions (guides and stuff) and cook something up since I'm not qualified to be quoted on much especially fishing BL. Any ideas? (That's what the original post was about anyway)

duckman1911 07-09-2016 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahlangle (Post 800670)
That's a good idea, maybe if I could ask some guys some questions (guides and stuff) and cook something up since I'm not qualified to be quoted on much especially fishing BL. Any ideas? (That's what the original post was about anyway)

The weirs or duck grass. Either of those. If you don't find anything there I would go with private canals or fishing flooded private property.

duckman1911 07-09-2016 06:19 PM

If you could do some research on rock dogs vs ribbon dogs that would also be helpful

Dogface 07-09-2016 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckman1911 (Post 800675)
If you could do some research on rock dogs vs ribbon dogs that would also be helpful

LOL!!! Duckman, you ain't right!! LMAO......

duckman1911 07-09-2016 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogface (Post 800683)
LOL!!! Duckman, you ain't right!! LMAO......

Proudly bro :)

ahlangle 07-09-2016 11:25 PM

Thanks "duckman1911" keep the inspirational quotes coming! brrrrro