SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Thief in Lafayette (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61900)

Matt G 10-02-2015 05:49 PM

Thief in Lafayette

2 Attachment(s)
Caught this guy going through the back of people's trucks at Harbor Freight in Lafayette. We got him with someone's toolbox in his hands. He dropped it and apologized, but took off when he realized we were calling the cops. I was able to snap a few quick pics. Gave his picture and plate number to the cops. If anyone knows this dude shoot me a PM. Y'all be mindful out there.

Attachment 95947

Attachment 95948

rk3 10-02-2015 06:52 PM

Great work!!

Chip Landry 10-02-2015 08:18 PM

I wonder where he got those backpack blowers in the back of his truck?!? POS..

Matt G 10-02-2015 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chip Landry (Post 774698)
I wonder where he got those backpack blowers in the back of his truck?!? POS..

Man I honestly never noticed it until I got home and looked at the pic again. The whole confrontation lasted 30 - 45 seconds. It was quick! After seeing that, I wish I would have held him down until the cops showed. But with a POS like that, he'd probably sue me for hurting his back or some crap.

Chip Landry 10-02-2015 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt G (Post 774699)
Man I honestly never noticed it until I got home and looked at the pic again. The whole confrontation lasted 30 - 45 seconds. It was quick! After seeing that, I wish I would have held him down until the cops showed. But with a POS like that, he'd probably sue me for hurting his back or some crap.

You did your good deed for the day.. Hopefully the cops get him with the pic of the plate you got!

irokcj5 10-02-2015 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt G (Post 774699)

No sir, you did great! No way is he getting away. With the pics you go and eyewitness account, that dude is going to jail! Good job.

PATHOP 10-02-2015 10:07 PM

thanks for the quick picks. Im sure the cops can find him.

Pat Babaz 10-03-2015 06:52 AM

Good Job Matt G.!!

Should be easy to catch with that license plate picture. Hopefully a lot of people will get their hard earned stuff back because ya'll stood up to this low life trash

kibb 10-03-2015 07:09 AM

Is he waving bye hoping to simmer the situation down? What a joke.

redalertlures 10-03-2015 03:27 PM

Great work there Brother!! This POS needs a "rural route" to jail!!!

Dogface 10-03-2015 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kibb (Post 774719)

I thought the same thing. Good job catching the guy in the act.

Pat Babaz 10-04-2015 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kibb (Post 774719)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VBnh5TBg5x...1600/simma.jpg

BessFishHound 10-04-2015 07:53 AM

Good Job....together I hope we can run people like this out of town.

Ragin_Cajun 10-04-2015 08:56 PM

If the plates start with a "C". Isn't it a company / corporate truck?

Mako19 10-04-2015 09:52 PM

I would like to get a follow up to this story to see what the cops do with they guy.

I would bet that they don't ever make an arrest because with no evidence and because the guy was stopped before he actually stole something they don't have anything to charge him with. It may have been more productive if everyone there just beat the **** out of him and then let him drive off. Like you said you can't do things like that (the right thing to do) these days.

MathGeek 10-04-2015 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mako19 (Post 774827)
I would like to get a follow up to this story to see what the cops do with they guy.

I would bet that they don't ever make an arrest because with no evidence and because the guy was stopped before he actually stole something they don't have anything to charge him with. It may have been more productive if everyone there just beat the **** out of him and then let him drive off. Like you said you can't do things like that (the right thing to do) these days.

Thieves are dumb. There's a good chance they admit to something when questioned. Also, there's a good chance there is sufficient probable cause to search the truck. Thorough policemen will consider these perps as suspects in other crimes that fit the MO or description. Put these guys under a good law enforcement microscope, and more likely than not, something will stick.

If they don't own the truck (commercial) odds are really good a thorough police investigation should result in a termination if not a conviction.

jopete 10-04-2015 11:46 PM

Great job of catching this guy in the act. please keep us informed, i am interested to see if the cops do anything. it looks open and shut to me, but i'm no lawyer.
maybe at least we can find out his name/address. i hate a thief.

Matt G 10-05-2015 06:09 AM

Unfortunately I don't have any info to follow up with. I'd like to think he gets arrested, but I'm kind of agreeing with Mako. A good parking lot beat down was what he needed. It wasn't my toolbox he was stealing and I'm not willing to go to jail over a couple hundred buck of someone else's tool.

Does anybody recognize the logo on the back of his shirt? Is that a local companies logo? I'm sure they would love to know someone is going around town stealing crap in their shirt.

fishfighter 10-05-2015 07:12 AM

shirt

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt G (Post 774833)
Unfortunately I don't have any info to follow up with. I'd like to think he gets arrested, but I'm kind of agreeing with Mako. A good parking lot beat down was what he needed. It wasn't my toolbox he was stealing and I'm not willing to go to jail over a couple hundred buck of someone else's tool.

Does anybody recognize the logo on the back of his shirt? Is that a local companies logo? I'm sure they would love to know someone is going around town stealing crap in their shirt.

good for you Matt, hopefully he went to jail, too bad he didn't get a beat down, the shirt he is wearing looks like an old air logistics shirt, i believe it is now bristol helicopters

southern151 10-05-2015 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragin_Cajun (Post 774821)
If the plates start with a "C". Isn't it a company / corporate truck?

No. That's a weight rating.