SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Innovative outfitters in Kansas (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31238)

Geauxtigers1421 05-13-2012 10:10 PM

Innovative outfitters in Kansas

Just booked a trip to innovative outfitters in Kansas for November 17-24. Pretty excited! Will be my first deer hunt out of state besides Mississippi and my first outfitted hunt! Will be posting reviews and pictures after the trip!! Here is a link if interested... <br />
http://www.innovativeoutfittersks.com/

Canadian Black Bears 05-14-2012 07:25 AM

Have a safe hunt

Wow, that is pretty exciting.....hope you have an enjoyable, successful, and memorable hunt for a great Kansas whitetail...keep us posted with pics when you get back...good luck and safe hunting

specktator 05-14-2012 07:42 AM

Just got back from doing some public land turkey hunting around Hays, KS. Hunted Natoma and Hill City, KS. Had never been to Kansas before. Awesome landscape. Saw a lot of deer too.

Canadian Black Bears 05-14-2012 08:00 AM

Great news from Kansas

That sounds good for Geauxtigers1421....lots of deer and great country. Nothin gets any better. How did the turkey hunt go?

specktator 05-14-2012 08:40 AM

Had a great time. First morning I killed one with 10 1/4" beard and 3/4" spurs. Called one in for my buddy that afternoon and he shot right over his head. Next day was tough we couldn't get them to cooperate. Last day I was just trying to get my buddy one but winds were blowing 40mph. Couldn't make it happen. Saw tons of turkeys and had a great time. Be back next year for sure.

Lake Chuck Duck 05-14-2012 08:43 AM

If yall ever have a chance to go pheasant hunting in Kansas I highly reccomend to go. Did that once for a week and it was awesome!

specktator 05-14-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck (Post 432154)
If yall ever have a chance to go pheasant hunting in Kansas I highly reccomend to go. Did that once for a week and it was awesome!

I'm gonna try and do that this fall. We saw a few roosters while we were there. Beautiful bird.

Canadian Black Bears 05-14-2012 08:49 AM

Cheers to a great trip!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by specktator (Post 432153)
Had a great time. First morning I killed one with 10 1/4" beard and 3/4" spurs. Called one in for my buddy that afternoon and he shot right over his head. Next day was tough we couldn't get them to cooperate. Last day I was just trying to get my buddy one but winds were blowing 40mph. Couldn't make it happen. Saw tons of turkeys and had a great time. Be back next year for sure.

Sounds like a wicked trip....real nice Tom you got. I only had turkey meat once and it was awesome, gotta do a turkey hunt some day.

Geauxtigers1421 05-14-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specktator (Post 432153)

Sounds like you had a great trip!! You have any pictures of the bird? I'd love to see them!

Geauxtigers1421 05-14-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck (Post 432154)

I've always wanted to go pheasant hunting and sage grouse hunting! Definitely going to have to go sometime! Got my Arkansas duck trip out the way last year, my Kansas deer this, planning on caribou next, then probably pheasant! Gonna have to see how everything goes though! Have any pictures?

Canadian Black Bears 05-14-2012 03:53 PM

Great job with getting everything done on your bucket list...where does the black bear hunt fit into everything...lol

Top Dawg 05-14-2012 03:57 PM

I've hunted pheasant in nebraska and south Dakota. I freakin loved it. SD was stupid.

Lake Chuck Duck 05-14-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geauxtigers1421 (Post 432270)
I've always wanted to go pheasant hunting and sage grouse hunting! Definitely going to have to go sometime! Got my Arkansas duck trip out the way last year, my Kansas deer this, planning on caribou next, then probably pheasant! Gonna have to see how everything goes though! Have any pictures?

I will try to dig up some pics. Its been a while.

Geauxtigers1421 05-14-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian Black Bears (Post 432338)
Great job with getting everything done on your bucket list...where does the black bear hunt fit into everything...lol

Haha well I'm only 17 so I've got plenty of time! Never really thought of bear hunting!

Geauxtigers1421 05-14-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 432342)
I've hunted pheasant in nebraska and south Dakota. I freakin loved it. SD was stupid.

Stupid as in good or stupid as in bad? Haha

Lake Chuck Duck 05-14-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian Black Bears (Post 432338)

My good friend Tim (guy on the right) and another guy killed these either today or yesterday in Alberta, Canada.

Lake Chuck Duck 05-14-2012 05:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pic

Canadian Black Bears 05-14-2012 05:07 PM

Cheers to them

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck (Post 432380)
My good friend Tim (guy on the right) and another guy killed these either today or yesterday in Alberta, Canada.

Now you didn't have to go and show me that, we don't have a spring hunt here and I have to wait till September....lol

Those are 2 nice lookin bruins for sure...nothing like a successful, safe hunt...great job!!!

Geauxtigers1421 05-14-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian Black Bears (Post 432384)
Now you didn't have to go and show me that, we don't have a spring hunt here and I have to wait till September....lol

Those are 2 nice lookin bruins for sure...nothing like a successful, safe hunt...great job!!!

CBB, could you post a link to your site please?

Lake Chuck Duck 05-14-2012 05:10 PM

His first kill with a bow.