SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Duce Rods Back in Business (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54270)

Hitinitdaily 06-17-2014 02:26 PM

Duce Rods Back in Business

So the website is up and they have a lot of rods to choose from, various warranty options and the rods/funds to back them up. The rods have also changed a good bit in look and have higher quality components.

The website seems to cover All aspects of the rod from butt to tip.

Hope they do well, because their rods are light weight and strong; plus its a Louisiana Company using products all made in AMERICA!

http://ducerods.com/

specktator 06-17-2014 03:28 PM

Think they will warranty my old twisted duce that snapped on me last week?

marshrunner757 06-17-2014 03:30 PM

Damn cork handles. I just can't get used to them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Hitinitdaily 06-17-2014 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specktator (Post 699922)
Think they will warranty my old twisted duce that snapped on me last week?

They have recently with some other SC guys. They have some old models from an order that was held for payment. If they have that particular rod, I know they will work with you.

Top Dawg 06-17-2014 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hitinitdaily (Post 699925)
They have recently with some other SC guys. They have some old models from an order that was held for payment. If they have that particular rod, I know they will work with you.

I bought one last year right before they went south. Then it broke and I had no one to contact. Hopefully they will work with me on it. Tried calling and just got the machine

Quackhead62 06-17-2014 05:48 PM

I'm in the same boat with u. So I just put it to the side and bought a calc. extreme rod from June if and never looked back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

specktator 06-17-2014 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marshrunner757 (Post 699923)
Damn cork handles. I just can't get used to them

Yeh I wish they were still foam grips. I can't even fish with cork anymore.

Loved my old Duce before it snapped at tip on me last week. I hope I can't get another like it.

"Mako give it up dude.....it is over....it was Jackson st.....accept that we choked and move on."

B-Stealth 06-17-2014 09:17 PM

Rods

It's funny y'all prefer the foam handle, to each his own. I recently exchanged a couple broken Shimano Rods and the new models have foam and I was a little bummed. I like the foam when it's dry but I find when it gets a little fish slime it's super slippery.

Top Dawg 06-17-2014 09:20 PM

I like cork

SULPHITE 06-17-2014 09:29 PM

Buncha cork soakers...

marshrunner757 06-17-2014 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Stealth (Post 699997)
It's funny y'all prefer the foam handle, to each his own. I recently exchanged a couple broken Shimano Rods and the new models have foam and I was a little bummed. I like the foam when it's dry but I find when it gets a little fish slime it's super slippery.

Tell me the Cumara hasn't gone cork!

B-Stealth 06-17-2014 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marshrunner757 (Post 700001)
Tell me the Cumara hasn't gone cork!

The Cumara is still foam, and now red. I hope it will get some action this weekend. I love my Cumara, prob fav rod they make.

marshrunner757 06-17-2014 11:19 PM

Yep, I have 2 of the red ones

BuckingFastard 06-18-2014 06:41 AM

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i want one! i threw away my duce when i broke it too. cause they were out of business!! guess ill have to get a new one soon

specktator 06-18-2014 07:34 AM

OCR in Lafayette builds these rods with golf club grips on them. They are the shizz. Cast Away makes a new rod with them too. Called an Invicta.

"Mako give it up dude.....it is over....it was Jackson st.....accept that we choked and move on."

Goooh 06-18-2014 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specktator (Post 700051)
OCR in Lafayette builds these rods with golf club grips on them. They are the shizz.

I hate those grips 100% if you're talking about the same thing. Someone built me a rod with those grips and it has no sensitivity, they are mushy and heavy. Good grip for soaking on bottom for catfish or reds though.

specktator 06-18-2014 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goooh (Post 700052)
I hate those grips 100% if you're talking about the same thing. Someone built me a rod with those grips and it has no sensitivity, they are mushy and heavy. Good grip for soaking on bottom for catfish or reds though.

Yeh that's what I use a $210 rod for. Soaking cut mullet for gafftops.

Goooh 06-18-2014 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specktator (Post 700053)
Yeh that's what I use a $210 rod for. Soaking cut mullet for gafftops.

Not surprising after pumping up a baseball bat for trout fishing

specktator 06-18-2014 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goooh (Post 700057)
Not surprising after pumping up a baseball bat for trout fishing

Lol I've caught more big trout on my "baseball bats" than you have "seen".

OnePunchRex 06-18-2014 08:00 AM

To me, a foam handle rod is like a V6 corvette, looks good, but the performance isn't there.