SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Advice?? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17486)

joshdomingue 03-29-2011 07:52 AM

Advice??

I have a memorial golf tournament coming up this Saturday and we sponsor a hole. We decided to fry fish and my problem is ...... how many pounds of fish do we need to fry to feed 150 people ???? Not making plates, but pretty much sampling or eating a few pieces as they come by our hole...... anybody???:help:

PaulMyers 03-29-2011 07:55 AM

Josh, I can't help you with that but you can bring whatever is left by the house if you don't mind. ;-)

Sent from my EVO

BellPepperHead 03-29-2011 08:51 AM

How many teams are participating?

eman 03-29-2011 09:10 AM

If you cut the fish into small pieces before fring (makes it easier to snack on)
just figure on 4 oz fish per person. Everyone will not stop and some may eat more some less. But if you are not doing plates then 4oz will be plenty and probably you will have some left.

Bluechip 03-29-2011 09:18 AM

I think eman is on the money. When we tailgate we figure 1/2 pound per person and it always works out so all of it is eaten. But these are people standing around with plates in their hand.

I would also take into consideration what hole you are sponsoring. If it's early in the game they probably won't be hungry but if your towards the end and drinking is involved they will be chowing down a little more.

biggun 03-29-2011 10:01 AM

Josh

I agree with eman. 4 Should be plenty. If you've buying commerical frozen pond catfish in a 15# box get a extra box. Fillets come in 4-6 oz size. cut in half. Most will eat 2 pieces. So 6 ozs.

Not everyone will eat.

Another idea is grilled BBQ boudin. Its off the chain(GREAT). It's also way cheaper. For the Pagan people.

YOu just grill it until the boudin casing gets a little krisp, but not busting.

Biggun

outcast 03-29-2011 10:21 AM

Like they said. I usually figure about 1/2 pound per person

joshdomingue 03-29-2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BellPepperHead (Post 239796)
How many teams are participating?

There are 45 teams total..... 3 man teams ..... its a shotgun start so the hole want really matter

joshdomingue 03-29-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 239800)
If you cut the fish into small pieces before fring (makes it easier to snack on)
just figure on 4 oz fish per person. Everyone will not stop and some may eat more some less. But if you are not doing plates then 4oz will be plenty and probably you will have some left.

Pretty much what i was thinking....

joshdomingue 03-29-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggun (Post 239810)
Josh

Another idea is grilled BBQ boudin. Its off the chain(GREAT). It's also way cheaper. For the Pagan people.

YOu just grill it until the boudin casing gets a little krisp, but not busting.

Biggun

They have other hole sponsers to ... some are BBQ'n so they will have that i'm sure

eman 03-29-2011 11:29 AM

Also remember how slow teams can play .
cook small batchs maybe enough for 8. so your not serving cold fish.