SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Dummy Award (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24593)

Lake Chuck Duck 10-26-2011 08:56 AM

Dummy Award

I hunted at a friend's lease east of singer last night. We had three small doe that had been messing around for a while that we were just kind of watching waiting for something bigger. As you can see we were hunting a pipeline that was cleared for a good ways. The time was perfect with the sun completely behind the trees, primetime. Next thing I know I see a guy on a four wheeler comin our way:pissed:. He and a young boy drove down the tree line all the way to our feeder (left side of pic) then stopped. Then I heard the boy say "ummmmmmm theres someone in there". The guy waved and immediately turned into a trail and continued to ride around rather than just turning around and leaving. Once he realized the trail he was on horse shoed back to our stand we heard him stop and turn around. I was so livid! That guy is lucky that he had a kid with him, or he would have had a few shots over his head! Thats how people get killed, running around OTHER PEOPLE'S leases at dusk during hunting season. Needless to say we didnt see another deer once they all hauled arse. Have some dang respect! Sorry for venting guys.

Jordan 10-26-2011 08:58 AM

That was you ?

Lake Chuck Duck 10-26-2011 08:59 AM

haha....funny....(sarcasm)

BassAssasin 10-26-2011 09:01 AM

i woulda chewed some *** ! regardless of kid. woulda taught that kid a good lesson that his retard dad never will

Dink 10-26-2011 09:17 AM

He's in the lease with your friend? There no rules there?

Jordan 10-26-2011 09:20 AM

sorry to hear for your luck. Woulda knocked out a rim or something on the wheeler and make them push it back to the truck...... bastids !!!

ETA, as they were coming down the lane, i would've taken out a doe !!

Lake Chuck Duck 10-26-2011 09:21 AM

The section of property they hunt is strictly for my friend's dad and his uncle. No one else. There is a sign in that shows exactly where everyone is. Apparently there has been an issue involving the property owners grandson. As in he drives around other peoples sections, kills deer at night, shoots from his truck, basic outlaw stuff. Not sure if this was the guy or not.

mcjaredsandwich 10-26-2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck (Post 341181)
The section of property they hunt is strictly for my friend's dad and his uncle. No one else. There is a sign in that shows exactly where everyone is. Apparently there has been an issue involving the property owners grandson. As in he drives around other peoples sections, kills deer at night, shoots from his truck, basic outlaw stuff. Not sure if this was the guy or not.

Sounds like iron man need to patrol the lease. Sorry to hear the misfortune lcd.

weedeater 10-26-2011 09:25 AM

another reason I hunt West Texas, out there you could have shot him and nothin been said

Raymond 10-26-2011 09:30 AM

Spike sticks will take care of those 4 wheelers without bodily harm being done to any riders. Can't see going to jail and being sued civily for someone scarring my deer away.

1fastmerc 10-26-2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedeater (Post 341188)
another reason I hunt West Texas, out there you could have shot him and nothin been said

There's no need for such violence. It's people like you that causes people to push for gun control. :-)

evidrine 10-26-2011 09:42 AM

[QUOTE=Jordan;341179]sorry to hear for your luck. Woulda knocked out a rim or something on the wheeler and make them push it back to the truck...... bastids !!!

No you wouldnt have!!! :rolleyes:

Lake Chuck Duck 10-26-2011 09:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just realized I never posted the pic!!! Deer to the right, feeder to the left.

Jordan 10-26-2011 09:49 AM

[quote=evidrine;341198]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 341179)
sorry to hear for your luck. Woulda knocked out a rim or something on the wheeler and make them push it back to the truck...... bastids !!!

No you wouldnt have!!! :rolleyes:

how you figure ???

eman 10-26-2011 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 341191)
Spike sticks will take care of those 4 wheelers without bodily harm being done to any riders. Can't see going to jail and being sued civily for someone scarring my deer away.

1 x 4 w/ nails placed along the trails he rides will stop that quick.
Just remember that you will start a pissin match and if he lives up there and you don't you will lose.

SaltERedneck 10-26-2011 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich (Post 341187)
Sounds like iron man need to patrol the lease. Sorry to hear the misfortune lcd.

Was waiting on this to come out.... this may be outta his jurisdiction.

evidrine 10-26-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 341210)
1 x 4 w/ nails placed along the trails he rides will stop that quick.
Just remember that you will start a pissin match and if he lives up there and you don't you will lose.

To shoot at someones bike. With a dad with his kid on it? Dont figure many guys on here would. We better than that. ;)

weedeater 10-26-2011 10:37 AM

small piece of rope with nails covered with leaves works too

mcjaredsandwich 10-26-2011 10:47 AM

I heard if you dig a hole on the trail, cover it with sticks and then leaves will alleviate your problem!

Lake Chuck Duck 10-26-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedeater (Post 341214)
small piece of rope with nails covered with leaves works too

Good ole fashioned Vietnamese spike pit covered in banana leaves lol! But for real, if he turns out to be kin to the land owners it wouldnt be worth messin with him and losing the lease. But this is just down right ignorant and disrespectful. They said they never had that happen on their lease and they been there since '93.