SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   2 Winners!!!!!!! (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13408)

wtretrievers 08-29-2010 07:44 PM

2 Winners!!!!!!!

4 Attachment(s)
Backwards Kids Mom, Myself & her son "Backwards Kid" went to McComb this w/e to the 12th annual Tango with the targets Trap shoot, I've made several over the past few years but this was their 1st time.

BKM took 1st in the womens divison!!!!! She started out slow in the practice round & swole up like a toad frog!:pissed: When the real deal came around she had absolutely no competition! She was smoking everything that came out the thrower! Half way through there final round it started a down pour, she never checked up! It was pretty cool seeing the shot going through the rain, it almost looked like a tracer!

Lil Man got up in the youth divison, he stayed calm & cool & busted em just like we were at the gravel pit. He had some competition but pulled it out also with a 1st place! Not bad for a youngen who had never picked up a gun until 8-9 month's ago!

Me....well let's just say there was some very good shooters in the men's division! I did managed a 4th place......missed 3rd by one clay:pissed: Didn't mind though.....was very proud of those two!

longsidelandry 08-29-2010 07:47 PM

Congrats to the 2 winners!!!

And I guess congrats to the loser too :*****:

wtretrievers 08-29-2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longsidelandry (Post 190242)
Congrats to the 2 winners!!!

And I guess congrats to the loser too :*****:

Gee thanks pal.:redface::thefinger:

Backwards Kid's Mom 08-29-2010 08:02 PM

Had a blast!!!! Was nervous as a cat in a room full of rockers about shooting in front of a crowd! I was tremendously proud of my son and how well he did. Jeff was on fire at the start of his round but one station kicked him in the nads...and with the group he had to shoot against, that was all the window they needed to knock him out of a trophy. I want to thank him from the bottom of my heart for taking us and making a great memory! :)

longsidelandry 08-29-2010 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtretrievers (Post 190246)
Gee thanks pal.:redface::thefinger:

lol just messin with ya man!!! 4th place ain't bad at all, alot higher than I would place.

Country Boy 08-29-2010 08:10 PM

sweet, congrats!!!!!

wtretrievers 08-29-2010 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longsidelandry (Post 190248)
lol just messin with ya man!!! 4th place ain't bad at all, alot higher than I would place.

I know ya were........just remember.....you throw rocks, I'll throw em back!!!!:p Don't worry........I'm not good at hitting anything!:shaking::*****:

jpeff31787 08-29-2010 08:29 PM

NICE!! Bet the made you a nice proud papa lol

Tell the kiddo and wife the saltycajun guys said congrats!!!

southern151 08-29-2010 09:26 PM

Good work guys!

LaAngler 08-29-2010 09:45 PM

good job putting it on him! haha

simplepeddler 08-30-2010 03:58 PM

That is sweet man............
My boy and I shoot a little, he is soon to be 14 but only a wopping 89 lbs (as of last night)

really really excited for you guys. I know how proud I am when T-bic hits 50% on clays.

We haven't tried trap yet though........may have to give that a whirl.

wtretrievers 08-30-2010 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplepeddler (Post 190408)
That is sweet man............
My boy and I shoot a little, he is soon to be 14 but only a wopping 89 lbs (as of last night)

really really excited for you guys. I know how proud I am when T-bic hits 50% on clays.

We haven't tried trap yet though........may have to give that a whirl.

Tyler just turned 14 yesterday he's around the low 80lb mark..... I love to watch those kids shoot!!!

I'll post up the shoot before hand next year & us Salty Cajuners can storm the house!

simplepeddler 08-30-2010 05:00 PM

That would be great.

I may be shooting at Cover Rise Sunday......looks like just big kids though.
We shoot out at Hunter's run sometimes too....maybe we could hook up?

jaclyn.renea 08-30-2010 05:10 PM

Congrats! Look like yall had a blast! (:

wtretrievers 08-30-2010 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplepeddler (Post 190421)
That would be great.

I may be shooting at Cover Rise Sunday......looks like just big kids though.
We shoot out at Hunter's run sometimes too....maybe we could hook up?

Yeah....I'm about 15 mins or so from Hunters Run. Just hard to get a hold to come hunting season, but Spring time that would be great.