SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ribbon Dog vrs Rock Dogs (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49920)

Raymond 12-13-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenner18 (Post 651559)
Can we make 20+

If the Mensa club of LRT gets involved

southern151 12-13-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyb (Post 651560)
Ill take that bet. You dont stand a chance. Couch gotta be indoors! :grinpimp:

While I can't verify (I'm still at work), I can just about guarantee you that both of my dogs are already there!:work:

...You owe me $1m!:smokin:

rustyb 12-13-2013 07:20 PM

pay

1 Attachment(s)
You are way out of your league. Pay me sucka. This is current. Happening now!!!

southern151 12-13-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyb (Post 651565)

You take IOU's?!:redface: That's as pathetic as anything I've ever seen!:eek:

rustyb 12-13-2013 07:33 PM

Told ya!! Im a profesional. i take IOUs. Anybody else? Wanna go double or nothing on gun shyness?

meaux fishing 12-13-2013 10:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyb (Post 651565)

I think mine will give yours a run for your money...
Attachment 59836
Attachment 59837

rustyb 12-13-2013 10:25 PM

We would need a judge. Cuz its pretty close.

huntin fool 12-13-2013 11:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mine I assure you trumps all in the heavy weight division. This dog here runs some hard 10 yard blinds to the food bowl. Running through that tough hardwood floor, hobbling through thick obstacles of the dining room table, and fighting off the toy schnauzer.. Lets see them ribbons and rock dogs do that. Attachment 59839

Deadly D 12-13-2013 11:11 PM

:*****::*****:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 651550)
Would that be "rock dogs for dummies"?

I see you still like little smurky comments

Deadly D 12-13-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyb (Post 651551)
Water dog! :)

Yup you are right but that program isn't good enough for some on here. It was the one I wanted to go with

Wag 12-14-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadly D (Post 651608)
Yup you are right but that program isn't good enough for some on here. It was the one I wanted to go with

Water Dog is a great book and training aid for retrievers, and many great retriever was and is still being trained using his method......before the HRC was formed their where only a hand full of trainers in this state that knew what they where doing, and when the HRC was formed, you now have everybody training and knowing everything there is to know about retrievers and their training, which is good, because it helps the breeds.

My 2 cents, bird dogs, retrievers, etc. are a conservation tool, a companion, and family member. If my dog finds a crippled bird or duck that I normally wouldn't have gotten without the dog, then the dog did a great job. How he did it doesn't matter. I have hunted with ribbon dogs/Grands and I have hunted with rock dogs/family pets, and have seen each out do each other in hunting conditions. It boils down to what ever makes you happy... :)

southern151 12-14-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 651597)
I think mine will give yours a run for your money...
Attachment 59836
Attachment 59837

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 651602)
Mine I assure you trumps all in the heavy weight division. This dog here runs some hard 10 yard blinds to the food bowl. Running through that tough hardwood floor, hobbling through thick obstacles of the dining room table, and fighting off the toy schnauzer.. Lets see them ribbons and rock dogs do that. Attachment 59839

Well, I have been outdone!:work:

$1M imaginary to each of you!

Deadly D 12-14-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wag (Post 651662)
Water Dog is a great book and training aid for retrievers, and many great retriever was and is still being trained using his method......before the HRC was formed their where only a hand full of trainers in this state that knew what they where doing, and when the HRC was formed, you now have everybody training and knowing everything there is to know about retrievers and their training, which is good, because it helps the breeds.

My 2 cents, bird dogs, retrievers, etc. are a conservation tool, a companion, and family member. If my dog finds a crippled bird or duck that I normally wouldn't have gotten without the dog, then the dog did a great job. How he did it doesn't matter. I have hunted with ribbon dogs/Grands and I have hunted with rock dogs/family pets, and have seen each out do each other in hunting conditions. It boils down to what ever makes you happy... :)

Very well said

rustyb 12-14-2013 12:01 PM

training

1 Attachment(s)
Deadly d training program!!

Deadly D 12-14-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyb (Post 651675)
Deadly d training program!!

And it works real good too

Wag 12-14-2013 12:22 PM

I hunted with a friend's Chocolate that would pick up multiple ducks at one time, you knock down 5 teal, two retrieves ....... kinda nice, because when she got through, another flock would be coming in ..... no one in the blind complained.

rustyb 12-14-2013 12:44 PM

My money is on deadly on picking up multiples at one time!!

speck-chaser 12-14-2013 12:45 PM

My last chocolate I had would pick up a couple of birds at a time sometimes, but I think that was cuz she was a lil on the lazy side, and didn't want to hafta swim across the pond again.lol My silver I have now ( aka mutt, half-breed, Heinz 57 etc) picked up her first ducks a couple of weeks ago. She is no where near even half trained, but she seems to have a good nose. I went and got her after the hunt and we walked around in the pond together. She found 4 ducks that I couldn't find. I was pretty happy with just that.

Deadly D 12-14-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speck-chaser (Post 651685)
My last chocolate I had would pick up a couple of birds at a time sometimes, but I think that was cuz she was a lil on the lazy side, and didn't want to hafta swim across the pond again.lol My silver I have now ( aka mutt, half-breed, Heinz 57 etc) picked up her first ducks a couple of weeks ago. She is no where near even half trained, but she seems to have a good nose. I went and got her after the hunt and we walked around in the pond together. She found 4 ducks that I couldn't find. I was pretty happy with just that.

That is how they get to be a good dog if they can use that nose its all good. Some have it some dont

Feesherman 12-16-2013 04:48 PM

Well? Who won?