SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Trolling Motor Commercial (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68224)

duckman1911 02-27-2018 08:58 PM

Trolling Motor Commercial

So there is a trolling motor that lets you dump your boat in the water and go park. Just push the remote button after and the motor deploys and finds you. Out of my price range for sure. What happens when the remote batteries are dead? You know how batteries are. I just started laughing when I pictured some dude asking bubba and t boy in a 15 foot with a 10 horse to please tow back his 65k ranger. If I saw that happen I would not be able to hold back laughter.

fisheye 02-27-2018 09:59 PM

I'm thinking of a tournament with everyone playing bumper boats with their remotes at the dock

CaryLab 02-28-2018 11:04 AM

That trolling motor has been out for years. I had one and never had any issues. Remote is rechargeable and shows battery life on it when you turn it on.

nozediver 02-28-2018 02:50 PM

Even if the remote runs out of battery. You can still download Minn kota app and it will let you control from your smart phone or if you have the newer humminbird gps you can operator TM with the unit

smooth move 02-28-2018 06:48 PM

:spineyes:
Quote:

Originally Posted by nozediver (Post 832769)
Even if the remote runs out of battery. You can still download Minn kota app and it will let you control from your smart phone or if you have the newer humminbird gps you can operator TM with the unit

that's above my pay grade. :spineyes:

Elbert Chamblee 03-01-2018 02:20 PM

Trolling Motor Commercial

i would be in trouble. Don't know how many times i have backed in water and turned the key....battery switch was turned off. ..... just about $1K add on for auto deploy. Was at the Houston boat show in January they had a Legend 21' saltwater/bass boat with no carpet for $90K

CaryLab 03-01-2018 02:46 PM

Elbert last year at the Houston boat show they had that same Legend Intracoastal there. I called the dealership after the show and the salesman quoted me $114,000. I laughed. Found same boat in Florida with 9" graphs instead of the 12" that boat had and was quoted $74k. Funny how an extra 3" in screen size equates to $40k difference in price. Some of these dealerships are stupid!!

tonyjohn 03-01-2018 03:41 PM

I have the self deploy minn kota and love it . Kick the boat off the trailer , let it coast back to free up the ramp, hit the self deploy and ' anchor lock' , go park and then it will come pick you up . About 1/2 the time it would take if i backed the boat off, went and tied it , walked back to truck and then went to park . Great for when your alone launching .

neverenuf 03-02-2018 10:14 PM

Just installed one last weekend. Sweet machine.

duckman1911 03-02-2018 10:21 PM

No doubt it's awesome I just saw the humor that was possible.