SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   VB this Friday???? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30827)

Reefman 05-02-2012 09:37 AM

VB this Friday????

Looks like we might get a window of light winds for Friday and Saturday. 5-10kts S-SE seas less than 2ft. Good enough for me. Modis shows some decent water hanging on the reefs out of Marsh Island with a high tide. Its time!
Who's going???? I'll be out there in a 21ft Stratos, come on by and say hello. If you see me anchored ya more than welcome to pull up on the side and join the catchin'.....

DUCKGOGETTER 05-02-2012 09:41 AM

Good luck man!!!! Catch a few for me

YellowMouth7 05-02-2012 10:30 AM

Wish I had a big enough boat

Mako19 05-02-2012 11:01 AM

I have been thinking about it all week. Seeing this thread just made up my mind. I will be there in a 19' mako with a red t-top.

Mako19 05-02-2012 11:06 AM

What you going to be throwing at em? I usually use dead shrimp or Gulp shrimp. I want to try some new Skull Draggerz that I got last month but not sure how that is gonna work outside of BL.

calcutta37 05-02-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mako19 (Post 427055)
What you going to be throwing at em? I usually use dead shrimp or Gulp shrimp. I want to try some new Skull Draggerz that I got last month but not sure how that is gonna work outside of BL.

Throw them skull draggers on a 1/4 ounce jig head and go find them trout leave the dead shrimp and gulp at the house...

duckfreak 05-02-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reefman (Post 426979)
Looks like we might get a window of light winds for Friday and Saturday. 5-10kts S-SE seas less than 2ft. Good enough for me. Modis shows some decent water hanging on the reefs out of Marsh Island with a high tide. Its time!
Who's going???? I'll be out there in a 21ft Stratos, come on by and say hello. If you see me anchored ya more than welcome to pull up on the side and join the catchin'.....

Man you must be reading my mind, I been thinking the same thing all week, I'll be in a Black White Mako, gotta go to know!

bull1134 05-02-2012 11:34 AM

I want to go out there so bad! Those white gulp shrimp have always worked for me out there. Has anyone ever put in at freshwater city? I love the tbutte area, and all those outside reefs and thought it might be a better way to get to them. Haven't ever launched out of there though.

Reefman 05-02-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calcutta37 (Post 427056)
Throw them skull draggers on a 1/4 ounce jig head and go find them trout leave the dead shrimp and gulp at the house...

X2!
Go to bait is a glow/chart tail salty grub on 1/4 oz jig head. LSU Sand Eel jr and the Glow/Char tail. If water is muddy fish these baits slowly under a popin cork (the smallest one made, no weight). If water is a nice green, Tsunami glow or blue back and the pink corkey. Top water near the shallow areas of the reefs.
Gulp good for reds, sharks and gafftops. Dead shrimp even worse. No need to stink up your boat.

TigerNation11 05-02-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckfreak (Post 427064)
Man you must be reading my mind, I been thinking the same thing all week, I'll be in a Black White Mako, gotta go to know!

I planned on heading out their Sunday in a 18LTS Mako that my brother just bought. The lenght is really 18'6" and is 92" wide. Do you see any problem with this boat is seas averaging 2' or 3'?
It has a 2012 115hrs pro-xs mercury on it so it has the motor...

BIG RED 1983 05-02-2012 01:15 PM

no just gotta take it easy if its rough

meaux fishing 05-02-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bull1134 (Post 427070)
I want to go out there so bad! Those white gulp shrimp have always worked for me out there. Has anyone ever put in at freshwater city? I love the tbutte area, and all those outside reefs and thought it might be a better way to get to them. Haven't ever launched out of there though.

Crappy launch with no parking, but it's close to the gulf. I've used it before and I'll probably use it again.

speck cc 05-02-2012 02:32 PM

FWC launch is pretty "crappy" to say the least... quickest way out though!

Reefman 05-02-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerNation11 (Post 427135)
I planned on heading out their Sunday in a 18LTS Mako that my brother just bought. The lenght is really 18'6" and is 92" wide. Do you see any problem with this boat is seas averaging 2' or 3'?

If its fairly calm ya have no problems, heck, I've seen 14ft bateaus out on T butte many times. More than enough boat...if its too rough for you then its too rough for the rest. Muddy water to boot.....

blackmamba 05-02-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reefman (Post 427179)
If its fairly calm ya have no problems, heck, I've seen 14ft bateaus out on T butte many times. More than enough boat...if its too rough for you then its too rough for the rest. Muddy water to boot.....

I did it in a 16 ft bass boat twice last year.... The second time I told myself that I will never do that again...but I probably will.

Speck Attack 05-02-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reefman (Post 426979)

I wish I could join you.....However I am on call this weekend....Good luck and tight line....Drop us a report when you get in.....

duckfreak 05-02-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Man it shouldnt be an issue, if it stays calm like they predicting, it will be a cake walk, even if it gets choppy, just take it easy, if it picks up out of the south coming in shouldn't be a big deal, just take it easy going with the waves. If it's a side sea, well whole different story just gotta take the pounding!!! LOL

Montauk17 05-02-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

No problem,like said if it gets rough just trim it down and go slow. I fish the reefs with my 16' 7" boston whaler. Just gotta learn how the boat handles the waves and take your time.

bluewing 05-02-2012 07:56 PM

launch

Quote:

Originally Posted by bull1134 (Post 427070)

Put in at Maxie Pierce, way better ramp, way shorter truck ride, and you can follow the coast if it gets rough from T-Butte

bull1134 05-02-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluewing (Post 427295)
Put in at Maxie Pierce, way better ramp, way shorter truck ride, and you can follow the coast if it gets rough from T-Butte

No idea where that is, what's it around?