SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Speck Calls (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65408)

C-Bass2mouth 09-29-2016 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 (Post 807362)
I am learning so much from this thread. Wish I could get in a blind with you guys and see it first hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to see how to get super disappointed, and call shots at terrible times come with me.

C-Bass2mouth 09-29-2016 08:09 AM

Got my bartender in btw. Beautiful call, wasn't sure at first but after a few days I've started to get used to it and really like it.

redleg one 09-29-2016 08:48 AM

How is the volume? Punch power?

C-Bass2mouth 09-29-2016 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redleg one (Post 807983)
How is the volume? Punch power?

I can't get it quite as loud as my poly RCC on the top end, but still fairly loud. I def wouldn't say it's quiet call. I can't get it to lock and squeal when I really get on it, but that's not saying a lot.

bmatte8 09-29-2016 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-Bass2mouth (Post 807979)
Got my bartender in btw. Beautiful call, wasn't sure at first but after a few days I've started to get used to it and really like it.

Did you get a wood one?

C-Bass2mouth 09-29-2016 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmatte8 (Post 807993)
Did you get a wood one?

Hedge / acrylic

speck-addict 09-29-2016 12:28 PM

in comparison to how much air it takes, which one you find takes less your RCC or Xciter?

speck-addict 09-29-2016 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-Bass2mouth (Post 807978)
If you want to see how to get super disappointed, and call shots at terrible times come with me.

LMAO thats outstanding. At least your honest :*****: :*****:

AubreyLaHaye458 09-29-2016 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-Bass2mouth (Post 807978)

lol. I do plenty of that for myself.

C-Bass2mouth 09-29-2016 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speck-addict (Post 808003)
in comparison to how much air it takes, which one you find takes less your RCC or Xciter?

I can get quiet with the Xciter with less air and it still roll over as compared to the RCC. But as far as running it on the higher end they both take about the same amount of air, with the RCC getting more volume. Seems like the xciter has more built in back pressure, so a lot of the growls and mur-murs I was used to doing on the RCC would break over in the xciter if you know what I'm trying to say. Basically I could put a lot of air into a growl with the RCC and it still just buzz the reed and sound like a growl. With the same amount of air and voice through the xciter it trys to roll over.

bmatte8 09-29-2016 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-Bass2mouth (Post 808010)
I can get quiet with the Xciter with less air and it still roll over as compared to the RCC. But as far as running it on the higher end they both take about the same amount of air, with the RCC getting more volume. Seems like the xciter has more built in back pressure, so a lot of the growls and mur-murs I was used to doing on the RCC would break over in the xciter if you know what I'm trying to say. Basically I could put a lot of air into a growl with the RCC and it still just buzz the reed and sound like a growl. With the same amount of air and voice through the xciter it trys to roll over.

this is a really good break down of the two.

redleg one 09-29-2016 01:45 PM

Quote:

There is more built in back pressure in the xciter,thus why it wants to jump out of murmur. Same effect would be seen on the RCC if you put too closed of a hand grip on the low end. However,the RCC is gonna be looser to run on the low end because of less built in back pressure.

Redbones and Ricelands dump more air or they are more free flowing as opposed to a call that has more built in backpressure

upside to increased built in backpressure===maximum efficientcy,and takes less fuel to run

downside,if you blow hard,must hold back or will force into overblow or out of scratch (murmur) quick---makes it less user friendly on the low because already backpressured inside the call,add hands on top of that and it wants to jump out of voice

redleg one 09-29-2016 01:53 PM

Takes a pretty good trick to have a call that runs loose low end,holds together on the high effort,and has a low threshold to start

most calls are toward one end or the other---nice high,efficient,holds distinction,good volume---BUT lacks in the low,way too tight,does not want to stay in murmur

then the opposite---stays in the mudd---runs a hell of a low,but falls completely apart in the high end,smears out and sounds overblown

and once a man can run low end and high end,it is blatently apparent when a call is lacking on one end or the other

AubreyLaHaye458 09-29-2016 02:10 PM

Quote:

Totally 100% accurate on the bartender. Put into words what I'm been trying to explain to my buddies

bmatte8 09-29-2016 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redleg one (Post 808018)
Takes a pretty good trick to have a call that runs loose low end,holds together on the high effort,and has a low threshold to start

most calls are toward one end or the other---nice high,efficient,holds distinction,good volume---BUT lacks in the low,way too tight,does not want to stay in murmur

then the opposite---stays in the mudd---runs a hell of a low,but falls completely apart in the high end,smears out and sounds overblown

and once a man can run low end and high end,it is blatently apparent when a call is lacking on one end or the other

agreed

C-Bass2mouth 09-29-2016 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 (Post 808020)
Totally 100% accurate on the bartender. Put into words what I'm been trying to explain to my buddies

I'd post a sound file, but I don't want to be the next B-Gizzle.. lol

AubreyLaHaye458 09-29-2016 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-Bass2mouth (Post 808024)
I'd post a sound file, but I don't want to be the next B-Gizzle.. lol

Bounce the cluck bruh

redleg one 09-29-2016 02:46 PM

how do you get a file on here?

make file,save on computer,upload as attachment?

C-Bass2mouth 09-29-2016 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redleg one (Post 808027)
how do you get a file on here?

make file,save on computer,upload as attachment?

I would think so. Or if you have a link to the file just copy and paste the link.

kenmore_mo1 09-29-2016 09:04 PM

i have two calls
Chien Caille many years old, had mervis change reed twice
and a homemade turned by me in my lathe with an echo insert cost about 3 bucks
most people tend to call too much, keep it simple