SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Freshwater Fishing Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Lacassine pool (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28162)

j.e.hagen 02-16-2012 10:27 AM

Lacassine pool

Any body have any news about the reserve. I heard that some of the spill ways are open, wondering if anyone has checked it out?

cmcnabb 02-16-2012 10:30 AM

It doesn't matter how many fish are in there, your motor ain't gunna run so your better off in that tin can canoe in the d unit

j.e.hagen 02-16-2012 10:34 AM

I do remember someone leaving there fast junk at home and riding in my slug a week ago because he don't know to fix a water pump

cmcnabb 02-16-2012 10:36 AM

Haha. Yea putting the seal back on it sure helps it pump better

mcjaredsandwich 02-16-2012 10:37 AM

No info for lacassine, but you two are starting to sound like the new weed and merc couple.

j.e.hagen 02-16-2012 10:41 AM

He's a hater always has been I don't see how he hasn't got kicked off yet

Jedi Lure Tricks 02-16-2012 10:43 AM

i've heard from a few clients that it is full up... now the question is, how many fish died or were eaten by gators during last year's drought?

does anyone know if they are going to shock to check health and populations?

i'd love to see them make it catch and release for a year to give those fish a chance to recover. then maybe a slot limit after that.

j.e.hagen 02-16-2012 10:49 AM

From what I understand talking to biologist the reason they haven't done that in recent years is because it was over populated

They are going to shock it I don't know when but before march 15

The last time I looked at it about two weeks ago it was about 6" from that break over at old launch

BigChaf 02-16-2012 11:52 AM

I'm for catch and release in Lake Crisco, yum yum

Lake Chuck Duck 02-16-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChaf (Post 393695)
I'm for catch and release in Lake Crisco, yum yum

At about 350 degrees!

j.e.hagen 02-16-2012 01:57 PM

And a case of miller lite?

RODBENDER 02-16-2012 02:51 PM

I went and looked over the spillway and saw good water levels. The worst part is the grass was all still green. Not a very good grass kill. I am ready!!!!

j.e.hagen 02-16-2012 03:03 PM

I didn't stop but it looked like where they burned last year could have done some good if that water get back to where it was in 09 that it could possibly make it over the marsh floor in front of the tee

Micah 02-16-2012 06:20 PM

Talked to a guy that went and looked today and said its low. Said the water at the east launches were 2 1/2'- 3' low of normal levels. Pond on the right on the way to the east launch was a mud flat. He did say the spillway was open and letting water in.

Top Dawg 02-16-2012 06:26 PM

I'm ready! Got my hopped up 60hp wit a 40 cowling. Ima runnin over them little twankie 5s gettin to da hole!

huntin fool 02-16-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmcnabb (Post 393650)
It doesn't matter how many fish are in there, your motor ain't gunna run so your better off in that tin can canoe in the d unit

Not like he will be able to catch fish, motor or no motor.
I'll just have to come and show him how its done.

j.e.hagen 02-16-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh Boy (Post 393893)
Talked to a guy that went and looked today and said its low. Said the water at the east launches were 2 1/2'- 3' low of normal levels. Pond on the right on the way to the east launch was a mud flat. He did say the spillway was open and letting water in.

I just went and looked because you had me curious but the only section that had mud showing was where they burned last year which hasn't held water in years

The duck pen and and the d unit and all ponds that are normally visible weren't showing any mud and the water is significantly higher than when I looked two weeks ago

It looked like it should be fishable but only time will tell if there is fish

j.e.hagen 02-16-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 393909)
Not like he will be able to catch fish, motor or no motor.
I'll just have to come and show him how its done.

Fool you gonna see how it is in a couple weeks

Micah 02-16-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j.e.hagen (Post 393929)
I just went and looked because you had me curious but the only section that had mud showing was where they burned last year which hasn't held water in years

The duck pen and and the d unit and all ponds that are normally visible weren't showing any mud and the water is significantly higher than when I looked two weeks ago

It looked like it should be fishable but only time will tell if there is fish

Good deal man. I just hope its got enough water come March 15.

j.e.hagen 02-16-2012 07:55 PM

I think it will the gates from the bell city ditch and lacassine bayou are open letting water in right now

If the rain we get tonight and tomorrow produces what its supposed to then it will be in good shape in a week