SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Has da' Salty Cajuns Fallen Asleep? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69265)

jjam 08-17-2019 12:28 AM

Has da' Salty Cajuns Fallen Asleep?

Hey Salty Cajuns,

Been awhile, err', a few too many years since I checked in, but tonight, I thought to pay a visit and catch up on those fun post I used to enjoy. Shiat batman! only to see stale post or how to clean a fish "quickly" "save my soul" posted by a certain u-tube wannabe star that sometimes frequent the PFF!

Any hoo, hope all is well and I wish the best of days to come!!

Tight lines S-Cajuns form the Panhandle of Florida!!!

Capt. Jjam standing by: Over!!!!

redaddiction 08-17-2019 03:18 PM

It's time to move this group over to Facebook. I think the site owner needs to create a Facebook group and send an email blast to all members of salty Cajun.com asking them to join the group. Website forums are a thing of the past.

swampman46 08-17-2019 06:44 PM

I doubt seriously it's the "forum" that's run people off. Saw this coming a couple of years ago with the outrageous posts designed to enrage members. Besides, do you really think being on FB will get them posting again? FB doesn't exactly have a shining reputation for protecting private information these days.

redaddiction 08-17-2019 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swampman46 (Post 850529)
I doubt seriously it's the "forum" that's run people off. Saw this coming a couple of years ago with the outrageous posts designed to enrage members. Besides, do you really think being on FB will get them posting again? FB doesn't exactly have a shining reputation for protecting private information these days.

Yes I believe being on Facebook will get more posts. Everyone is on it all day every day and will be more active when seeing posts. They just pop up in your news feed automatically. I'm on other fishing groups on Facebook and I post or comment all the time. But rarely do I do it here when I know everyone has left the building so to speak.

It would be best to be a closed group.

smooth move 08-18-2019 07:38 AM

i quit FB because of privacy and security issues. somehow ended up with 2 accounts and couldn't delete one of them. someone else had control of it. i ain't goin back. i'll just keep checkin in on the old forums.

bjhooper82 08-18-2019 09:02 AM

Never had a FB page or any other social media and never will. I’ll stay here also

MathGeek 08-19-2019 11:00 AM

I prefer forums like Salty Cajun, because they can be more anonymous and are also easier to search for needed info that may have been posted years ago. Fewer ads also.

selout 08-20-2019 11:45 AM

I check this forum on a daily basis.

CustomRod 08-31-2019 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redaddiction (Post 850534)
Yes I believe being on Facebook will get more posts. Everyone is on it all day every day . . .

Not everyone. :)

redaddiction 08-31-2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CustomRod (Post 850796)
Not everyone. :)

Yeah not any of you old farts!

CaptainDevin 09-02-2019 11:03 AM

Guys, I'll tell you that moving to a Facebook group will definitely get more users, more posts, and more engagement.

I did with my website in November 2017 and it has since exploded. Now we have over 15,000 members and more inshore fishing reports for south Louisiana than everybody else put together.

To put that into perspective, Salty Cajun has 11,000+ and its domain name is over ten years old.

Problem is that it's the Wal-Mart of social media, and for every good member you get, you are getting 10 sh*tbirds who need babysitting.

This new internet (social media) has given the village idiot a voice because it's so easy to post on such a platform (FaceCrap).

Fortunately, I have an awesome moderator staff who hammer down on the turds and keep the group full of good content.

But Facebook groups are still lacking.

The search function sucks, there's only one big forum, not subdivided forums like there should be to address the different conversations/needs we have.

The backend isn't that great considering the platform is created/hosted by a multi-billion dollar corporation.

Internet forums are NOT a thing of the past. The truth is that competing for people's attention is much harder than what it used to be.

Platforms like Instagram and Facebook are designed to be addictive. They want to keep you there to see their ads.

All social media did was make it tougher to run a website, but did not replace it. Just look at Tiger Droppings.

Anyway, I swung by for the same reason the OP did, and saw this post.

Likeuhboss 09-03-2019 06:22 PM

I’d be all for a SC FB page! Would maybe get things rolling again.

swampman46 09-04-2019 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redaddiction (Post 850798)
Yeah not any of you old farts!

Wow! Nice attack.

wishin i was fishin 09-04-2019 08:52 AM

Alot of folks were getting but hurt because there were 500-600 views and 3 comments on the reports. Facebook doesnt show views but i bet its upwards of 1000 with 5 comments.

im not gonna stop posting here and rarely post on FB.

CustomRod 09-05-2019 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swampman46 (Post 850853)
Wow! Nice attack.

Yesh, I just woke up from my nap and saw that. But technically he's right.

swampman46 09-05-2019 11:25 AM

There are better ways to prove you're right about something.