SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Anybody been dove hunting? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61606)

mr crab 09-04-2015 11:36 AM

Anybody been dove hunting?

Ain't heard nobody talking bout doves?

redaddiction 09-04-2015 11:39 AM

Doesn't it open tomorrow?

Smalls 09-04-2015 12:53 PM

Opens tomorrow at sunrise on private lands, Noon on public lands.

AubreyLaHaye458 09-04-2015 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redaddiction (Post 771821)
Doesn't it open tomorrow?

Texas opened on Tuesday the 1st. Mr crab is a Texan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duckaholic 09-04-2015 02:44 PM

I hunted in Temple TX Tuesday and Wednesday. Lots of White Wings but they were flying high. My friend and I woke to find that someone had thrown my hitch through my truck window and stolen all four guns and other items. It was a hard lesson to the tune of $6400. We borrowed some guns and went hunting anyway after the cops took prints and filed the reports.

Over 200 cases of vehicle break ins at hotels in Temple since June.

Gerald 09-04-2015 02:50 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Are ya'll going to shoot my Pets?

Elbert Chamblee 09-04-2015 04:09 PM

Anybody been dove hunting

Accident at Hondo dove hunting this week. A buddy was shot at about 40 feet away and took a load in the stomach and arms. He had part of his intestines removed and still has some pellets in his liver. He is doing better and his doctor said he may be released from hospital about Monday or Tuesday. From the story I was told was the guy followed a low flying bird and took a shot and hit his brother. Bad deal....low shot and to close or not close enough(side by side).
Another guy I talked to said they were out in Raywood area and saw a few in the morning and a lot more birds in the last hour or so before dark.

whatever you do be careful and wear some safety glasses.

Top Dawg 09-04-2015 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elbert Chamblee (Post 771849)
Accident at Hondo dove hunting this week. A buddy was shot at about 40 feet away and took a load in the stomach and arms. He had part of his intestines removed and still has some pellets in his liver. He is doing better and his doctor said he may be released from hospital about Monday or Tuesday. From the story I was told was the guy followed a low flying bird and took a shot and hit his brother. Bad deal....low shot and to close or not close enough(side by side).
Another guy I talked to said they were out in Raywood area and saw a few in the morning and a lot more birds in the last hour or so before dark.

whatever you do be careful and wear some safety glasses.

Happens every year somewhere seems like.

Andy C 09-04-2015 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duckaholic (Post 771835)
I hunted in Temple TX Tuesday and Wednesday. Lots of White Wings but they were flying high. My friend and I woke to find that someone had thrown my hitch through my truck window and stolen all four guns and other items. It was a hard lesson to the tune of $6400. We borrowed some guns and went hunting anyway after the cops took prints and filed the reports.

Over 200 cases of vehicle break ins at hotels in Temple since June.

Live about an hour from temple and its been getting bad over there, buddies jeuillry shop got hit Tue.
they cought them two thugs.

AubreyLaHaye458 09-04-2015 06:56 PM

We don't have any doves so I'll be fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bdub 09-04-2015 08:47 PM

Gonna hopefully shoot a few in the morning, they run up and down the highline behind the house. Saw a good flock 15-20 flying over this evening

Mako19 09-04-2015 09:29 PM

I'm going with a buddy in the morning in the Gueydan area. Thanks for the reminder to be safe. I always practice safety with firearms but reminders about safety never gets old and because I read this post I now have a reason to discuss safety with my hunting partners on the way to the lease in the morning.

meat killer 86 09-05-2015 12:17 AM

Was going to go tomorrow morn. But I'm on daddy duty with the baby. Then Sunday morn is church. Then Monday morn is gator line setting. Then Tuesday morn is gator line running. Then Wednesday morn is brushing teal blind. Then Thursday morn if I'm lucky I'll try to kill a few doves. Friday morn decoy set for teal. Saturday morn teal shooting. Man its a hard life but someone has to do it.

saute86 09-05-2015 02:48 PM

I went out to farm and all we had was about a 1000 teal and no doves. Next weekend its on!

Mako19 09-05-2015 03:24 PM

Had a great hunt in Gueydan this morning.
Shot a 4 man limit with around 6 bonus ring necks.

Elbert Chamblee 09-05-2015 05:25 PM

dove hunting

another story from a friend....
If anyone is planning a trip in and around Temple Tx. a little word of caution. Me and my two brother's stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Salado Tx. Monday night. Tuesday morning when
we went to our vehicle someone had busted out the passenger front window of my brother's new
F-250 truck. They also broke into his camper. They stole his Yeti cooler, some tools and 8 radio's.
They also stole my shooting box, which contained 6 Browning chokes, my prescription shooting
glasses. two pair of Browning shooting gloves, two Case pocket knifes, a pair of Walker ear muffs
and some other items. Thank God we took all our shotgun's into the hotel room with us or we who
have lost them to. The Deputy that came to the Hotel told us that there had been over 130 vehicles
broken into that night in and around the Temple area.

rbertrand 09-06-2015 12:36 AM

sounds like the Temple police need to skip the donut shops and get to work!

noodle creek 09-06-2015 08:45 AM

Ways bring guns inside hotel room.

mr crab 09-07-2015 09:47 AM

I hunted elgin tx sat morning. Got skunked. Hunted Salado Sunday morning, got 8. Best thing is tho, i only shot at 9 birds. Probably the best shooting I've ever done. Good thing too.....the birds were few and far between. Definitely a "make every shot count" kinda morning.

mr crab 09-07-2015 09:52 AM

Wrapped the breast halves. Skipped the jalapeno. I sandwiched the seasoned meat between 2 thick onion slices. Then wrapped em with cheap maple bacon and baked em in the oven @ 400. Drained the grease after a lil while, and put the oven on broil and crisped the bacon on all sides by flipping the wraps. When it was crisp, i topped em with a thick slab of pepper jack and put em back on broil till the cheese melted. Hands down the best wraps I've ever had