SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Whats the limit on shrimp? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27726)

evidrine 02-02-2012 01:23 PM

Whats the limit on shrimp?

Anybody know? Glanced through the 2012 pamphlet and lost patience real quick. Anybody know?

"W" 02-02-2012 01:37 PM

Ratdog said the sky

cmcnabb 02-02-2012 01:49 PM

I heard the shrimping will suck due to the wiers being closed. Not sure about a limit though

southern151 02-02-2012 01:52 PM

I think last year, as a recreational cast netter, it was 5 gallons/25lbs. I don't know if they change from year to year or not though.

Duck Butter 02-02-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 386453)
Ratdog said the sky

Sky is the limit, just gotta axe for extra tags fo skrimps mane

spotchasin 02-02-2012 02:05 PM

Depends on where you are and how you are catching the shrimp. Its 25 pounds in the refuges by castnet when the season is open. I believe you can catch 5 pounds during closed season for bait purposes. If you are outside the refuges I beleive you can catcj 50 pounds in a cast net. Not sure what the limits are if you pull a trawl.

wtretrievers 02-02-2012 03:14 PM

You shoulda group text that question, would have gotten a lot of info!!!!

Ratdog 02-02-2012 03:20 PM

I would say something but I spent the limit on the phone calls to wl$f three days and they could not help till the chief got mad and took my call. Best thing is call and ask who is chief in the area u want to go .
If u get him on the phone he might give deffinat answers but more than likely u will get round about answers unless u are pushy. I don't recommend going for shrimp unless u do talk to someone and record the conversation. 100 lbs with trawl in the one spot I go. Be careful if u trawl and pass threw rock to get their they could stop u at any time and twist the reg do to wording and take u net. I would do what u do to relax and reread the reg four or five times so u kinda know what to say to da chief. Now with that said most everyone I talked to was nice and wanted to help but like u and me did not understand the regs and area closure . Good luck now adays just thinking about them shrimps is a headache .and the fines to pay for new boats are no mach for the price of shrimp.

speckdaddy 02-02-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 386453)
Ratdog said the sky

Lmbox10000000000000

Duck Butter 02-02-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratdog (Post 386562)
I would say something but I spent the limit on the phone calls to wl$f three days and they could not help till the chief got mad and took my call. Best thing is call and ask who is chief in the area u want to go .
If u get him on the phone he might give deffinat answers but more than likely u will get round about answers unless u are pushy. I don't recommend going for shrimp unless u do talk to someone and record the conversation. 100 lbs with trawl in the one spot I go. Be careful if u trawl and pass threw rock to get their they could stop u at any time and twist the reg do to wording and take u net. I would do what u do to relax and reread the reg four or five times so u kinda know what to say to da chief. Now with that said most everyone I talked to was nice and wanted to help but like u and me did not understand the regs and area closure . Good luck now adays just thinking about them shrimps is a headache .and the fines to pay for new boats are no mach for the price of shrimp.

Well, that surely clears things up thanks:rotfl::confused:

Rockefeller is 10 lbs a day when shrimp season is closed, 25 lbs day when shrimp season is in session, not sure about other places

Ratdog 02-02-2012 03:34 PM

Inside line closed outside line open from freshwater to tx.
Outside line 100 lb per boat .six people on boat 100 lbs 10 people in car 100 lbs.
Wild life refuge as said so fare.

Jrchip1 02-02-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck Butter (Post 386580)
Well, that surely clears things up thanks:rotfl::confused:

Rockefeller is 10 lbs a day when shrimp season is closed, 25 lbs day when shrimp season is in session, not sure about other places

10-25#'s/Boat depending in season or not. It doesn't matter how many people in da boat-25#'s. Same with Marsh Island.