SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   It's November!! (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24757)

Reefman 11-05-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 (Post 641327)
..... Then I have to try and make myself go to sleep Friday night, that's usually the hard part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try cold beer, then a coupla large tumblers of crown then a bottle of red vino. Should do the trick!:cheers:

oh and Excedrin migraine early Sat morning!

AubreyLaHaye458 11-05-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reefman (Post 641346)
Try cold beer, then a coupla large tumblers of crown then a bottle of red vino. Should do the trick!:cheers:

oh and Excedrin migraine early Sat morning!

lol. Yeah! But I have to wake up the next morning!! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bdub 11-05-2013 10:49 AM

That's why I usually start drinking plenty early that way I can for sure get to bed early enough

Reefman 11-05-2013 10:55 AM

Nothing beats a big ol breakfast after the morning hunt! Eggs, biscuits, bacon and sausage along with fig preserves and a fresh pot of coffee. A nap is then in order to replenish energies for the next go round of cookin' and watching college football on Sat afternoon.

Bucoo 11-05-2013 07:25 PM

Went pump out and brush some blinds just west of gueydan. Had a few big ducks and teal in the field that we saw.

bgizzle 11-05-2013 08:19 PM

Went out to our place to check things out. Had a body of specks in our set and teal out the wazoo

"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"

huntin fool 11-07-2013 11:49 AM

This thread is dead this year..

ckinchen 11-07-2013 01:16 PM

Had a great youth hunt last weekend. My boys educated a bunch of birds to the tune of two boxes of shells on Saturday and my oldest killed a limit on Sunday. We were in the Jb area. The reports I heard from holly beach all the way to JB were all good including up in Hackberry.

ckinchen 11-07-2013 01:16 PM

Worked on my lease in Texas this morning saw a ton of geese but no ducks this was over in El Campo. Are you guys still seeing the numbers build right now?

Lake Chuck Duck 11-07-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 641983)
This thread is dead this year..

Duckgogetter hasnt been around.

meaux fishing 11-07-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck (Post 642003)
Duckgogetter hasnt been around.

Yep... It's just not the same without him

Sightwindow 11-07-2013 02:10 PM

It was extraordinarily grim looking in Dulac. I counted four big ducks and two teal Tuesday afternoon in the marsh. Rode through some ponds and trails and the feed looks good. I don't recall see anything Wed morning riding Grand Caillou south of the Bourg property, but I wasn't really paying attention.

Reefman 11-07-2013 02:16 PM

Going to the grocery store right now to provision up. Truck loaded with gear, ice chest full of ice, gas cans full, shell box loaded....Leaving early Friday for the camp; dang this is a long day.

Dogface 11-07-2013 02:19 PM

Just read the report from the survey by Larry Reynolds and he did not give numbers but said it was "very disappointing". Lets hope he didn't fly the best spots.

Reefman 11-07-2013 04:22 PM

With this front, a day can make a huge difference in migration of birds. They can easily double and triple up in south La. over night. With this big North wind for 2 days this is gonna help a bunch. I'm optimistic as a LSU fan right now! Good luck and fair shootin'.

Reefman 11-07-2013 04:24 PM

Just received a first hand report from south of GC...dey tic, tic, tic! And here we go.

Nickt87 11-07-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reefman (Post 642039)
With this front, a day can make a huge difference in migration of birds. They can easily double and triple up in south La. over night. With this big North wind for 2 days this is gonna help a bunch. I'm optimistic as a LSU fan right now! Good luck and fair shootin'.

Friday before teal season started that's what we were all hoping/saying, "Maybe they'll show up overnight".:shaking: Didn't happen.

But I hope you're right. I need some optimism in my life!

cgoods17 11-07-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickt87 (Post 642047)
Friday before teal season started that's what we were all hoping/saying, "Maybe they'll show up overnight".:shaking: Didn't happen.

But I hope you're right. I need some optimism in my life!

Your always so negative! Get back to work!

meaux fishing 11-07-2013 05:11 PM

Yall just push em all to to east zone, so they can sit for a couple of weeks before my season starts

bgizzle 11-07-2013 05:14 PM

Let's just say there's no shortage of birds . That's all I can say. I'm no L Reynolds but I know a few duck hunters. Gc... Good.... Icy... Good...... Sw rice fields .... Good... No bad reports yet to my ears

"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"