SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Calcasieu Trout Shootout (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69170)

swglenn 05-21-2019 08:22 AM

Calcasieu Trout Shootout

Do they still have the Calcasieu Lake trout shootout? If so when is it?

specktator 05-21-2019 02:30 PM

Used to be 1st weekend in June

swglenn 05-21-2019 05:55 PM

Trout Shootout

Yes, but I haven't heard or seen anything about it.

ckinchen 05-22-2019 10:58 PM

Use to be a huge event a lot of fun

evis102 05-23-2019 08:16 PM

They stopped having it for 2 main reasons.
1. Lack of participation.
2. Lack of volunteers to run it.
My brother won the last one they had. 1st prize was only half of what it usually was due to low participation.

Feesherman 05-23-2019 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckinchen (Post 849168)
Use to be a huge event a lot of fun

Used to be. I fished it for a lot of years until CCA $**** da bed. I left them and all their tournaments behind. They would never see another dollar out of me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Stdjas55 05-25-2019 09:25 PM

No trout in the lake anymore

seatrout 05-27-2019 12:54 PM

2015 was the last year they had that tournament. It was the 30th year of the tournament. What a shame cca stopped it. :(

"W" 05-28-2019 03:40 PM

No one supports CCA around here
I mean they were so quick to push and support a limit change against biologists and now going on 13 years since June 20 2006 we have not had a 1% trout population increase !!!

This was the words 13 years ago

?This is more of a social issue than a biological issue,? Pausina said. ?Statewide, trout stocks are healthy. The biomass for the last three years is the highest it has ever been, except for one year in the early 1980s.?

?The move to cut the daily bag limit from 25 specks to 15 was pushed by a coalition including the Louisiana chapter of the Coastal Conservation Association and some of the fishing guides and outfitters operating on Calcasieu Lake.?

During the LWF Commis-
sion meeting, Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries coastal fisheries staff told the group the agency's biological data indicates speckled trout fisheries in the bay systems were healthy and said reducing the bag limit would not guarantee increased trout populations in the affected areas.

Those opposed to the bag limit reduction said the fisheries staff's assessment showed the move was not scientifically justified and should not be imposed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feesherman 05-29-2019 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 849186)
No one supports CCA around here
I mean they were so quick to push and support a limit change against biologists and now going on 13 years since June 20 2006 we have not had a 1% trout population increase !!!

This was the words 13 years ago

?This is more of a social issue than a biological issue,? Pausina said. ?Statewide, trout stocks are healthy. The biomass for the last three years is the highest it has ever been, except for one year in the early 1980s.?

?The move to cut the daily bag limit from 25 specks to 15 was pushed by a coalition including the Louisiana chapter of the Coastal Conservation Association and some of the fishing guides and outfitters operating on Calcasieu Lake.?

During the LWF Commis-
sion meeting, Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries coastal fisheries staff told the group the agency's biological data indicates speckled trout fisheries in the bay systems were healthy and said reducing the bag limit would not guarantee increased trout populations in the affected areas.

Those opposed to the bag limit reduction said the fisheries staff's assessment showed the move was not scientifically justified and should not be imposed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same thing with triple tail. No stock assessment done but CCA pushed for an arbitrary limit. They also pushed to end bowfishing for red fish. They also stayed silent on red snapper. Basically CCA is against Louisiana sportsman

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk