SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Cajun Navy (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67531)

BananaTom 08-27-2017 05:18 PM

Cajun Navy

Be safe during your rescue activities

rodeo red 08-28-2017 08:50 AM

Thank y'all so much

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

DannyI 08-28-2017 11:26 AM

CNN reporting y'all had to pull back for being shot at??? True/False?

BananaTom 08-28-2017 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyI (Post 825461)
CNN reporting y'all had to pull back for being shot at??? True/False?

Now you know "CNN" and "Truth" do not belong in the same sentence.

Hahaha

DannyI 08-28-2017 03:50 PM

Dat true but did see a link with interview that shots were fired as they floated off because they couldn't put anymore in boat. Also people trying to take boats from them.

tigerhead 08-28-2017 04:21 PM

Can you post the link. Haven't seen anything like that on the local news.

BananaTom 08-28-2017 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigerhead (Post 825479)
Can you post the link. Haven't seen anything like that on the local news.

Here it is:

http://1079ishot.com/cajun-navy-members-shot-at

lil bubba 08-28-2017 05:38 PM

Louisiana Cajun Navy
53 mins ?

Clyde and the other team members and teams are all safe. Looters decided to pose as people needing rescue and they attempted to overtake the boats and there were shots fired at the boats. I repeat they are all safe. Looters must have not wanted our boats in the water for rescues. Please feel free to share this post. We are currently on stand down pending a new strategic plan.

Posted on F/ Book....

jhrsmail 08-28-2017 07:09 PM

Wow...Houston / Cajun Navy still need boats and rescuers.. Download the ZELLO app. And search for Cajun Navy ...no words..��

duckman1911 08-28-2017 07:48 PM

A son of a good friend of mine in Rayne went to Texas this morning and by 3:30 had brought about 50 people to safety. He also said it is crazy out there and online pics are just a glimpse of how bad it really is.

cajun bill 08-29-2017 08:55 AM

Does anyone know how to get in touch with the leader of the group? I saw an article online about him and I wanted to see if the effort is organized enough to know if they need more boats or not? Hate to make the trip and not be able to help, which is exactly what happened when we tried to mobilize for Katrina..........LE turned us around.

jchief 08-29-2017 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cajun bill (Post 825513)
Does anyone know how to get in touch with the leader of the group? I saw an article online about him and I wanted to see if the effort is organized enough to know if they need more boats or not? Hate to make the trip and not be able to help, which is exactly what happened when we tried to mobilize for Katrina..........LE turned us around.

Cajun Navy: ************All information is contained here!****************
If you would like to volunteer and have a boat please follow directions to get on Zello.
Also you will need to download Glympse- https://www.glympse.com/get-glympse
~~ The Command Center address is 1353 FM646, ****inson, TX 77539~~
If you are requesting HELP please fill out this form: http://cajunnavy.supportsystem.com
If you would like to contribute financially here is the link to donate: PayPal.Me/cajunnavyrelief

cajun bill 08-29-2017 11:08 AM

Okay, thx, but which Cajun Navy is this? I saw in a news article that there are two with very similar names. And which one is most likely to be the most organized and reputable?

jchief 08-29-2017 12:23 PM

I think both are okay.

ckinchen 08-29-2017 02:20 PM

It's been bad guys, appreciate all that have helped.

Pop N Cork 08-29-2017 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cajun bill (Post 825513)

We were just told it is not too late, they still needing help and the guys that are there now are going to need relieving. Group of us from Shreveport - Bossier City are heading down tomorrow (Wednesday) with boats and donated goods.

rodeo red 08-29-2017 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyI (Post 825477)
Dat true but did see a link with interview that shots were fired as they floated off because they couldn't put anymore in boat. Also people trying to take boats from them.

They need to give them ferals both barrels I would have some 00 buckshot onboard! I live right in the middle of this mess in Alvin tx we thank you guys so much

rodeo red 08-29-2017 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lil bubba (Post 825482)
Louisiana Cajun Navy
53 mins ?

Clyde and the other team members and teams are all safe. Looters decided to pose as people needing rescue and they attempted to overtake the boats and there were shots fired at the boats. I repeat they are all safe. Looters must have not wanted our boats in the water for rescues. Please feel free to share this post. We are currently on stand down pending a new strategic plan.

Posted on F/ Book....

00 buckshot is a good plan

Flex 08-29-2017 08:07 PM

They still need help! Friends of mine from central tx with boats are down there now. They're in Katy and cypress. Been crazy so far.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

cajun bill 08-29-2017 08:32 PM

News today said peeps were being denied access to Tx from La. due to problems getting to the afflicted areas. Can anyone confirm or deny?