SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Live Shrimp (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20014)

bsoileau 06-22-2011 12:08 PM

Live Shrimp

My father in law is bringing a group of friends to stay at a camp on the Hackberry side. I think they are staying in a newer subdivision that Sam Breaux built if I am not mistaking. If they want to go get live shrimp, where is the closest place. I know Calcasieu point has it, but does the place on the ship channel still carry them. Forgot the name of the place.

PaulMyers 06-22-2011 12:09 PM

Spicers maybe?

Sent from my EVO

bsoileau 06-22-2011 12:11 PM

Is that the one on the ship channel?

M4TT 06-22-2011 12:14 PM

Spicers has it. It is right across the little draw bridge.

mstulb 06-22-2011 12:15 PM

Spicers has Skrimp Brandon it is on the Ship Channel Side- wee will be at my camp all weekend if you head down with them come stop by.

bsoileau 06-22-2011 12:16 PM

That is that place right south of the camps right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstulb (Post 273735)
Spicers has Skrimp Brandon it is on the Ship Channel Side- wee will be at my camp all weekend if you head down with them come stop by.

calcutta37 06-22-2011 12:24 PM

Dugas landing has them that is the place your talking about..

ckinchen 06-22-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsoileau (Post 273731)
My father in law is bringing a group of friends to stay at a camp on the Hackberry side. I think they are staying in a newer subdivision that Sam Breaux built if I am not mistaking. If they want to go get live shrimp, where is the closest place. I know Calcasieu point has it, but does the place on the ship channel still carry them. Forgot the name of the place.

If you are staying in angler bay I have a camp there as well. PM me and I can give you all the details that you need. As you go through Joe's cove pass the north entrance there is a ramp to the right and the sell live shrimp as does Spicers.

bsoileau 06-22-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckinchen (Post 273757)
If you are staying in angler bay I have a camp there as well. PM me and I can give you all the details that you need. As you go through Joe's cove pass the north entrance there is a ramp to the right and the sell live shrimp as does Spicers.

Yep, Angler Bay it is. They are coming down on Tuesday and staying till July 5th. I took off that time to fish with them. Thanks for the help and I will PM you if we have troubles.

bsoileau 06-22-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstulb (Post 273735)

Are yall just going for this weekend?

redroaster 06-22-2011 01:39 PM

dugas closer for you

dugas would be closer for you if in angl bay

bsoileau 06-22-2011 01:51 PM

Is anyone else gonna be around that area from June 28 to July 4th?

mstulb 06-22-2011 03:37 PM

fishin

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsoileau (Post 273762)
Are yall just going for this weekend?

Yea we are fishing the oilmans tourney Sat. a bunch of us will be there Friday night.

Will be heading offshore THursday (weather permitting) for the 4th of July Rodeo..

bgizzle 06-22-2011 04:29 PM

the place on the ship channel is the ole man that sells bait... he doesnt hold that much n runs out quick but that cut leads to spicers... you gotta know where to go in that cut... follow it aroun to the right then it goes left around an islandthen towards the shrimp boats... make a left around the bend and then go straight and make the bend right and there is spicers on the left(fuel and Bait)...oh and also dugas runs out of bait quick also

SULPHITE 06-22-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgizzle (Post 273959)
the place on the ship channel is the ole man that sells bait... he doesnt hold that much n runs out quick but that cut leads to spicers... you gotta know where to go in that cut... follow it aroun to the right then it goes left around an islandthen towards the shrimp boats... make a left around the bend and then go straight and make the bend right and there is spicers on the left(fuel and Bait)...oh and also dugas runs out of bait quick also

:spineyes:

whoa! LOL!

bgizzle 06-22-2011 04:52 PM

i will be there the weekend before the 4th

ckinchen 06-22-2011 05:01 PM

I will there all weekend, I have a feeling you may be renting the camp next door to me as the owner rents it from time to time. My camp is the one with a glass backboard NBA style basketball goal, only goal in the area.

bgizzle 06-22-2011 05:17 PM

i wont be staying, im just driving in and fishing, but i was there a couple weekends ago.... i will be there in a couple weeknends... would like to meet you last time i never saw you outside to talk to you...phillip is a good ole boy.. real nice guy me n him r talking about making a live bait tank at his camp

ckinchen 06-22-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgizzle (Post 274005)
i wont be staying, im just driving in and fishing, but i was there a couple weekends ago.... i will be there in a couple weeknends... would like to meet you last time i never saw you outside to talk to you...phillip is a good ole boy.. real nice guy me n him r talking about making a live bait tank at his camp

Same here, I intended to walk over and just never got around to it. Let's make sure and catch up next time. Phillip is a good guy, I have two very good neighbors. Funny, I talk to my two neighbors at my camp all of the time and I do not know my neighbors names here in Houston.