SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   gun for CC (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37202)

jchief 10-13-2012 01:19 PM

gun for CC

Looking at getting this gun for concealed carry. Thoughts??

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/32541

wtretrievers 10-13-2012 01:32 PM

Just don't buy from Buds!!!! If theres a problem they are hell to deal with!!!!

jchief 10-13-2012 01:36 PM

Thanks Jeff.

Actually hoping to find a used one

Matt G 10-13-2012 02:52 PM

Link says product not found... What kind of gun is it?

Hopedale Hustler 10-13-2012 03:36 PM

??

jchief 10-13-2012 03:54 PM

Link works for me.

It is a Springfield XD Subcompact 9mm Trijicon Night Sights from Bud's

Matt G 10-13-2012 05:00 PM

Nice! I have the Trijicon sights on my M&P 9 and they are top notch. Looks like a great gun for CC.

speck-chaser 10-13-2012 05:01 PM

you might enter your search on gallery of guns. I just bought a gun off of their site,and it was very simple and quick. great pricing too.

Dogface 10-13-2012 08:15 PM

Gun weighs 26 oz. pretty heavy for CC. You can get a "baby" Glock in 9mm or .40 cal that's under 20oz.

latravcha 10-13-2012 09:18 PM

I carry a 357 S&W arilight hammer less. Very light gun and easy to hide. It only holds 5 shots but IMO if you need more than one or two you should not be carrying.

LPfishnTIM 10-13-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by latravcha (Post 503591)
I carry a 357 S&W arilight hammer less. Very light gun and easy to hide. It only holds 5 shots but IMO if you need more than one or two you should not be carrying.

thats one of the best concealed carry guns, I'm more comfortable carrying a revolver in a pocket holster rather then carrying a semi-auto in a inside the pant holster, I like some of the inside the pant holsters but there very uncomfortable when driving or sitting.

BIG RED 1983 10-13-2012 11:16 PM

Get a kimber ultra tle II

Tightline11 10-14-2012 08:53 AM

Just think of all the times I have been fishing with you r Trey I was always strapped. Baby Glock in the 45 cal. The worse cal. to get is a 9mm to fast no knock down power. The 40 cal is good, but proven time and time again one shot one kill 45 cal. NIck name the flying ashtray.

jchief 10-14-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tightline11 (Post 503649)
Just think of all the times I have been fishing with you r Trey I was always strapped. Baby Glock in the 45 cal. The worse cal. to get is a 9mm to fast no knock down power. The 40 cal is good, but proven time and time again one shot one kill 45 cal. NIck name the flying ashtray.

I have thought about a .40 hard, but I already have 2 9's, so kind of wanted to stay with the same cal. That way I only need to hoard one size shell..:grinpimp:

JDd 10-20-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtretrievers (Post 503457)
Just don't buy from Buds!!!! If theres a problem they are hell to deal with!!!!

i have bought 6 guns from Buds without issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tightline11 (Post 503649)
The worse cal. to get is a 9mm to fast no knock down power. .

:rolleyes:

9mm (124gr)
Muzzle Velocity - 1180 fps
Energy delivered on target - 383 ft lbs

40 S&W (165 gr)
Muzzle velocity -1150 fps
Energy delivered on target - 485 ft lbs

45 ACP (230 gr)
Muzzle Velocity - 875 fps
Energy delivered on target - 391 ft lbs

http://billstclair.com/energy.html

A well placed 9mm will be just as effective as a poorly placed .45acp. Many people can shoot the 9mm faster, with faster follow up shots because they produce less recoil. Assuming you hit the bad guy in a vital area with your first shot from a .45acp, then yes, you could argue it will likely have greater effectiveness. But that's a big IF!

Most .45acp handguns tend to be large and heavy. Those that aren't tend to be very hard for most people to control. Usually you will have to fire more than one shot. So all of the internet commando's that brag about their one shot stopping power, will actually miss 75% of the time. The FBI determined that only 20% of law enforcement shootings were over in just one shot. That means a lot of missing takes place.

That XD sub is pretty bulky, IMO.

Tightline11 10-21-2012 08:37 AM

The FBI determined

This is your first problem reading some Internet BS about what study they did when it was never a study done just paperwork that was sent to them from random dept. They didn't even do field work.

Second problem I work with handguns everyday in my job and have been doing so for about 20 years now. I also teach people how to put lead on target and when they can not hit with what they carry guess what we switch them to so they can get the basic fundamentals of shooting down a 45acp so there goes your second theory about to much recall all the muzzle charts you put up proved what I said the 45acp has less sharp recall.

So in closing don't believe everything you read on the Internet. I use true life facts that I have been dealing with for about 20 years now. Also one other piece of info why is it that most specialized LEO units r going back to the 45acp. Just true fact that I deal with in my life no Internet here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Apple dominating the WORLD

cmcnabb 10-21-2012 09:59 AM

A 9mm has no knock down power? Lmao seriously? Let me shoot you in the chest with a 9mm then

jlincecum 10-21-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tightline11 (Post 506223)
The FBI determined

This is your first problem reading some Internet BS about what study they did when it was never a study done just paperwork that was sent to them from random dept. They didn't even do field work.

Second problem I work with handguns everyday in my job and have been doing so for about 20 years now. I also teach people how to put lead on target and when they can not hit with what they carry guess what we switch them to so they can get the basic fundamentals of shooting down a 45acp so there goes your second theory about to much recall all the muzzle charts you put up proved what I said the 45acp has less sharp recall.

So in closing don't believe everything you read on the Internet. I use true life facts that I have been dealing with for about 20 years now. Also one other piece of info why is it that most specialized LEO units r going back to the 45acp. Just true fact that I deal with in my life no Internet here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Apple dominating the WORLD

d*** popo's

j.e.hagen 10-21-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmcnabb (Post 506235)
A 9mm has no knock down power? Lmao seriously? Let me shoot you in the chest with a 9mm then

Get your *** out of your face

JDd 10-21-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmcnabb (Post 506235)

:D

Shot placement and efficient bullet expansion will always win this battle

http://www.abaris.net/info/ballistic...ping-power.htm