SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   SC huntin trip (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33250)

jchief 07-01-2012 11:07 AM

SC huntin trip

We kind of talked abou this last year.

Do we want to put something together? I plan on leaving the day after Christmas and staying a couple of weeks at Hunter's Bend on Tensas. The rut there is usually around Jan 1.

Post up if interested.

They do have some "cabins" to rent. It is just a few beds, heater and that is about it. They have bathrooms there.

huntin fool 07-01-2012 11:16 AM

Plan to be at ophelia a good bit this year with the bow.
If interested for bow hunters, this is the place to be.

Bluechip 07-01-2012 11:17 AM

I may possibly be intrested if my work schedule allows.

I thought it was too hot to worry about deer hunting....lol

jchief 07-01-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 455354)
Plan to be at ophelia a good bit this year with the bow.
If interested for bow hunters, this is the place to be.

Going to have to disagree with you.

Ophelia USED to be the place to be. It has gotten very crowded there. We hunted during the week and had people walk on us several times. Doesn't have near the deer it used to.

I see deer 50% of the time I hunt at Tensas and only see them 10% when I hunt Ophelia.

huntin fool 07-01-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchief (Post 455356)

Ophelia USED to be the place to be. It has gotten very crowded there. We hunted during the week and had people walk on us several times. Doesn't have near the deer it used to.

I see deer 50% of the time I hunt at Tensas and only see them 10% when I hunt Ophelia.

Just the opposite to me. Ophelia I can get in areas far off where others aren't. Tensas everywhere i go I have people on me.
Just a matter of preference. I see Tensas as in easier place to hunt, just not my cup of tea. I like getting way in the back.

All matter of preference, but I seen more signs at ophelia then tensas offered our group. Plus me and Tensas have a bad history. The areas we hunt in ophelia, nobody around us, but we work to get to them. I hunt ophelia to change scenery. If i want to stick just any ole doe, ill go to ragley and get one.

Feesherman 07-01-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchief (Post 455356)

Agreed

BassAssasin 07-01-2012 12:46 PM

I'm def. interested in a trip to tensas

Montauk17 07-01-2012 01:23 PM

Hell yeah im down....been 3 years since I went to tensas.

Slidellkid 07-01-2012 01:37 PM

Fool,

You see many deer at Ophelia?

Slidellkid 07-01-2012 01:38 PM

I might be up for some of the trip but we normally take a late Christmas with my family that week. Not sure if I could make it.