SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   STOP starting fights (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28868)

ckinchen 03-09-2012 11:02 PM

STOP starting fights

In the open area. Negative comments on reports will not be allowed PERIOD. Four infractions have been given so far tonight and one long time member was banned. Enough is enough, people are not going to post on here if they are going to get thrown under the bus like they have been for the last two weeks. I'm not having it.....

I want to thank those of you that reported these incidents tonight, I was at a basketball game with my son or I would have done something sooner.

If you want to fight do it in the premium section.

Montauk17 03-09-2012 11:06 PM

Pretty sad when you gotta babysit grown men

ckinchen 03-09-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montauk17 (Post 403107)
Pretty sad when you gotta babysit grown men

Exactly, my time is more valuable than this, there are times when I want to pull the plug on the entire site and wash my hands of it, this is one of those days. I was at my son's game when I started seeing emails about the site going into meltdown.

ckinchen 03-09-2012 11:58 PM

While I am at it, the bashig of our neighbors to the West in the great state of Texas is getting also out of hand.

Slidellkid 03-10-2012 03:46 AM

Casey,

This can be a good site if we all keep the original mission - a place to share success and have fun with our experiences in wonderful Louisiana is kept in mind. Most of the folks on here want just that, and enjoy the site for the reports and info shared while poking a little fun at one another on occassion. Just want to thank you for keeping this site up and running. I enjoy it! So, don't let the actions of a few ruin the success of the site for you. Thanks for keeping this thing going!

Dan

mcjaredsandwich 03-10-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slidellkid (Post 403162)
Casey,

This can be a good site if we all keep the original mission - a place to share success and have fun with our experiences in wonderful Louisiana is kept in mind. Most of the folks on here want just that, and enjoy the site for the reports and info shared while poking a little fun at one another on occassion. Just want to thank you for keeping this site up and running. I enjoy it! So, don't let the actions of a few ruin the success of the site for you. Thanks for keeping this thing going!

Dan

Heaven forbid someone post a detailed report with gps.coords, because everyone will get bent out of shape. Otherwise this is a good site with good people, ive been posting.less due to the flaming and bashing. Its the internet guys, no one needs to try and flex their e-muscles.

ckinchen 03-10-2012 09:15 AM

I posted this on another thread but I beleive it is worth re-posting...

I need you guys posting reports, this is a fishing/hunting site. Please keep the reports coming, if someone bashes your report or questions you about your fish please report the post in the upper right hand corner of the post (triangle) and that person will receive an immediate infraction and possibly be banned. We will also delete any negativity on a report post. We have to keep the fishing and hunting reports clean. I have threatened this before but if people can't act right we will do what other sites have done and treat the reports section like the classified section and keep it open only to the original poster. Maybe that is the right solution anyway.

Also remember guys you get $30 SC cash for a report and picture and I plan to auction off Costa’s, rods and LSU tickets this year just to name a few items.

Jrchip1 03-10-2012 09:18 AM

We've all seen more than one Web Site get messed up with bickering, and we could all name a few that have tanked because of borderline bullies that pounce on everything/everyone. About Six months ago when I first happened on Saltycajun, what struck me immediately was the positive remarks and helpful attitude of some of the more knowledgeable members (experienced fisherman). What may start out as a humorous remark, often makes someone offended, and off it goes. Hope it doesn't happen here.

huntin fool 03-10-2012 09:24 AM

I'm going fishing.. reports = $30??

speckdaddy 03-10-2012 09:28 AM

I got a years worth of reports from last year i didnt post cus of the same thing. Can i post em n get $$$$$$$ now???

ckinchen 03-10-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 403186)
I'm going fishing.. reports = $30??

Salty Cajun Cash but nice try.

ckinchen 03-10-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speckdaddy (Post 403187)
I got a years worth of reports from last year i didnt post cus of the same thing. Can i post em n get $$$$$$$ now???

When you post them this year you have my word that I will not put up with anyone bashing the report. If it happens report it and myself or the mods will take care of it. This year is going to be different.

speckdaddy 03-10-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckinchen (Post 403190)
When you post them this year you have my word that I will not put up with anyone bashing the report. If it happens report it and myself or the mods will take care of it. This year is going to be different.

Fa sho!

ckinchen 03-10-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jrchip1 (Post 403185)
We've all seen more than one Web Site get messed up with bickering, and we could all name a few that have tanked because of borderline bullies that pounce on everything/everyone. About Six months ago when I first happened on Saltycajun, what struck me immediately was the positive remarks and helpful attitude of some of the more knowledgeable members (experienced fisherman). What may start out as a humorous remark, often makes someone offended, and off it goes. Hope it doesn't happen here.

Thank you for your comments, we have some very knowledgeable fishermen and hunters on this site. Like you I do not want to see it become what all of the others sites have become.

ckinchen 03-10-2012 09:31 AM

So guys is the answer to just make reports open to the orginal poster only like the classified section? You still will get your $30 SC cash but people will not be able to make comments. Thoughts?

huntin fool 03-10-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckinchen (Post 403188)
Salty Cajun Cash but nice try.

Thats what I meant Boss Man. Its all good.

ckinchen 03-10-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 403195)
Thats what I meant Boss Man. Its all good.

Well bring it, lets see the reports.

fishinpox 03-10-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckinchen (Post 403193)
So guys is the answer to just make reports open to the orginal poster only like the classified section? You still will get your $30 SC cash but people will not be able to make comments. Thoughts?

No way, that is no good IMO ....honestly I think it's all about judgement and knowing who u r messin/ poking fun at. I will poke fun at say, W or Micah because I know them n they know my sence of humor but I won't say the same thing to a new guy or someone I don't know because they don't know me ...

meaux fishing 03-10-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckinchen (Post 403193)

I think alot of times a good discussion comes from the comments on the reports. We as members just need to police ourselves better to not let a little joke or something get out of hand and start a fight on a report. I think that cutting off comments should be the last resort. Is there any way to make it where certain people cant comment on a report? Like say you get an infraction 2 times for bashing or starting a fight just remove their privileges from commenting in the reports section for a month or something

meaux fishing 03-10-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishinpox (Post 403198)
No way, that is no good IMO ....honestly I think it's all about judgement and knowing who u r messin/ poking fun at. I will poke fun at say, W or Micah because I know them n they know my sence of humor but I won't say the same thing to a new guy or someone I don't know because they don't know me ...

agreed