SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Game Camara (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68766)

Josh C 08-20-2018 01:45 PM

Game Camara

Anybody uses the new Cuddeback Cuddelink cellar camera system? I'm looking for reviews and if it's worth the investment or not. We have a few hundred acres and I've tried the Moultrie mobile and Covert cameras and haven't had much luck.

What about the Spypoint Link Evo?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

Josh C 08-20-2018 01:46 PM

Spelled Camera wrong in the title and spell check didn't catch it! No internet grammar police!

ahlangle 08-20-2018 03:50 PM

I've been looking into Cuddelink too, hard to find info on them, but will report if i find some.
I was considering just buying the Moultrie Modem (also hard to find right now) since I alrady have Moultrie cameras. You didn't like the Moultrie cell system?

sniper3726 08-20-2018 09:23 PM

I don?t know anything about there system but , I will say I have had at least 5 Cuddeback cameras. I will not buy another . Great pics and trigger timing for centered pics however they are behind (way behind) on ease of use and design
Also the reason I have had at least 5 is I?ve had problems and there ?warranty? system has you buy a new camera at a much lower cost than retail.

Maybe look at Spypoint , seems they have been doing more cellular cameras than anyone else . Let us know either way , it would be good to hear from someone first hand on how whatever you get works

Josh C 08-20-2018 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahlangle (Post 841319)
I've been looking into Cuddelink too, hard to find info on them, but will report if i find some.
I was considering just buying the Moultrie Modem (also hard to find right now) since I alrady have Moultrie cameras. You didn't like the Moultrie cell system?

My property is in Marksville and I live in Mire. Since the camera and modem both take 8 batteries and I?m 1.5 hrs away, when one goes out, you are out of luck. I also have spotty cell coverage on the property and they don?t make an external booster antenna.

My biggest problem is coverage and batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

specktator 08-21-2018 09:00 AM

I have 2 Covert's and they work decent. Probably going to buy another this year. Batteries go quick. I need to get some solar panels for them. I have pretty good cell service at my place so coverage isn't a real big issue.

Josh C 08-21-2018 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specktator (Post 841365)
I have 2 Covert's and they work decent. Probably going to buy another this year. Batteries go quick. I need to get some solar panels for them. I have pretty good cell service at my place so coverage isn't a real big issue.

I use rechargeable batteries in my Covert, so it makes it manageable if you change them out every 2-3 weeks depending on how many pics you get. That was one reason I didn't like the Moultrie Mobile. You can't use rechargeable batteries in the modem and it eats Lithium batteries.

meaux fishing 08-22-2018 07:50 AM

I have a spypoint link evo. Had better battery life with regular batteries than with the expensive lithium. The covert code black my buddy has takes better pics. But mine aren?t bad. Overall I?m happy with the camera. The service is more expensive though

specktator 08-22-2018 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh C (Post 841422)
I use rechargeable batteries in my Covert, so it makes it manageable if you change them out every 2-3 weeks depending on how many pics you get. That was one reason I didn't like the Moultrie Mobile. You can't use rechargeable batteries in the modem and it eats Lithium batteries.

Lithiums last about a week or two longer in my Covert's but those mofos are expensive!

specktator 08-22-2018 07:55 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b1e203f186.jpg

Few little bucks Ive got coming. Pictures are a little clearer than this. Got a little more fuzzy after I uploaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk