SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Roux (Cooking/BBQ/Recipes) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Pulled Pork anyone..... (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13906)

Bluechip 09-24-2010 04:24 PM

Pulled Pork anyone.....

2 Attachment(s)
Smoking a couple of Boston Butts for the McNeese Game tomorrow. We will pull these for lunch and chow down while tailgating....

1st pic, they are rubbed and ready to hit the smoker

2nd pic, they are one hour into the smoke and just got spritzed with a little apple juice and bourbon....

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Micah 09-24-2010 04:39 PM

Damn dude......I'm all kinds of hungry now!!!!!!

adamsfence 09-24-2010 08:27 PM

what kind of smoker you got that looks some kind of good

SULPHITE 09-24-2010 08:35 PM

nice blue!!

eman 09-24-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamsfence (Post 195852)

Looks like an MES 40"???

Bluechip 09-24-2010 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamsfence (Post 195852)

It is a Masterbuilt Electric Smoker 40" model. I love this thing, just plug it add a few chips and it's smokin'...

eman also has one also....He is the "Smokin' Daddy", I'm a chump compared to him. If you ever want to know more about smokin' shoot me a pm or eman....Fwarren also is a smoker...

Bluechip 09-24-2010 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 195858)
Looks like an MES 40"???

We were typing at the same time...lol...Getting ready to post a 6 hour q-view...;)

Bluechip 09-24-2010 09:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here you go Marsh Boy...6 hours into this smoke...

eman 09-24-2010 09:45 PM

Oh Yea , I like pig butts, I can not lie!!!
Lookin good.
I'm getting stuff ready for the gathering starting this weekend.
chopping all my veggies and sausage for the gumbo this weekend and freeze
peel the shrimp and freeze .
i bought a 2 pack of butts at leblancs that are marbled like beef? ,i'm going to debone those and cure for buckboard bacon.

speck-chaser 09-24-2010 10:43 PM

man I could get into some of dat. Does that smoker have built in thermometers? I see those probes in the meat,just curious. Wouldnt mind getting a smoker, nothing like slow roasin some big meats.

Bluechip 09-24-2010 11:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It comes with one but it is not accurate. These are ones I just bought every now and then, I have 5 thermometers now which is good for a big smoke.....

the pic is what the probes are tied too...I just set the monitors facing a window in my kitchen so I don't have to keep going outside, I can just peek out the window...

I cook by temperature, not time...I want to make sure my meat is brought to the correct temperature for safe eating. Safety first. Also you have 4 hours to get a piece of meat from 40 to 140 degrees, if you can't get it there in 4 hours you risk spoiling of your meat, so the thermo's work great for that also......

Micah 09-25-2010 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluechip (Post 195869)
Here you go Marsh Boy...6 hours into this smoke...

I would slap somebody to get me some of that!!!!!

H2OFwlKlr 09-25-2010 07:11 AM

Looks good Blue, Go Pokes! Gotta work. :(

Dink 09-25-2010 08:57 AM

What you got in dem pans down there?

eman 09-25-2010 09:08 AM

Tim the bottom pan is the water pan that comes w/ the MES .It provides moisture and acts as a heat distributor. the foil; pan is to catch all the juices that drip out of the meat.
this can be defatted and added back to the pork after pulling or used to make gravy Same can be done w/ beef

Big Flounder 09-25-2010 09:21 AM

Man that is some fine looking butts you got there!!! I would love a piece of that!!!! How long do them things cook for?

BIGJ 09-25-2010 09:25 AM

I have an electric smoker also. Man I like that thing.
You just set the temperature and let it go. Just have to add some wood chips every now and then.

Dink 09-25-2010 09:30 AM

That's it, I'm goin pick up smoker and a brisket now......Bob, ill be calling shortly

eman 09-25-2010 10:09 AM

Tim,
The mes is probably the easiest smoker to cook with.
all you need is electricity and some wood chips.

eman 09-25-2010 10:19 AM

Big F,
The only thing we smoke to time is ribs .Everything else is smoked to temprature.
The basic rule of thumb is 1.50 / 1.75 hrs per lb .
But i've had meat go longer time and less time . That's the reason for all the thermometers .
Anyone who is interested in learning about smoking should go to smoking meat forums .com and look around.
We are having a gathering of the smokers on oct 8 - 9 - 10 outside of franklin La, at one of the members farms. we will be doing sausage making demo and i will be doing a chicken sausage and shrimp gumbo demo fri night .( yes we have yankee members who don't know how to make a roux) saturday we will be smoking butts , briskets , moink balls and prime rib for dinner. Lunch will be smoked snacks and cracklins and leftover gumbo
Full breakfast will be served both saturday and sunday.
There will be some top notch smokers doing the cooking. If any off y'all are interested in coming for a day or for the weekend and want to learn alot about smoking in a short ammount of time please pm me for more details
Bob