SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   broken Maui Jim's (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30504)

speck cc 04-23-2012 10:15 AM

broken Maui Jim's

ok, so i just broke my Maui Jim's... washing machine fell on my head, long story... but they probably saved me some stitches. I had my MJ's for 4 years and love them... but i figured i'd ask what the latest and greatest glasses are? i am a huge MJ fan, but open to opinions on any brand? thanks in advance!

Red Devil 04-23-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speck cc (Post 422657)
ok, so i just broke my Maui Jim's... washing machine fell on my head, long story... but they probably saved me some stitches. I had my MJ's for 4 years and love them... but i figured i'd ask what the latest and greatest glasses are? i am a huge MJ fan, but open to opinions on any brand? thanks in advance!

If you are a big fan of MJ's, I would say if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I wear Wiley X's and won't wear anything else. Just my opinion.

meaux fishing 04-23-2012 10:45 AM

You can send em in and for about $50 I think they will send you a new pair

BIG RED 1983 04-23-2012 10:49 AM

I have mj and costa and they are both great I think there is a little more clarity with the mjs

Asterisk-Rich 04-23-2012 11:32 AM

I used to have some Maui's but someone stole them out of my work truck. Definitely some of the most comfortable glasses i have found for everyday use. i love my costas though.

speck cc 04-23-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 422670)
You can send em in and for about $50 I think they will send you a new pair

i just got back from the post office, lol... i talked to a lady at MJ, she said they would replace everything except the lenses for free! I was pretty excited about that. I'm going to tell the wife that they said they said they didn't know so i can get some more anyway, lol.

speck cc 04-24-2012 01:41 PM

ok, so i went try on every pair of glasses at the mall... ended up buying a second pair of Maui Jim Banyans in a different color... they just fit my face right. i have my original ones on the way to MJ to get fixed. Only thing better than 1 pair of MJ's is 2 pairs of MJ's!!! lol

Red Devil 04-24-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speck cc (Post 423444)
ok, so i went try on every pair of glasses at the mall... ended up buying a second pair of Maui Jim Banyans in a different color... they just fit my face right. i have my original ones on the way to MJ to get fixed. Only thing better than 1 pair of MJ's is 2 pairs of MJ's!!! lol

Well played!

speck cc 04-24-2012 01:43 PM

thanks red devil... appreciate the advice!

Red Devil 04-24-2012 01:44 PM

Welcome!

Dink 04-24-2012 02:21 PM

MJ makes a titanium frame with no hinges that I LOVE!!!!! So light! But they are a hair to big for me......wish they had different sizes. Great lenses too!!

speck cc 04-24-2012 02:37 PM

yeah! i really like those too... they just don't fit my face like the banyans do! but i def agree!