SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ul football players trying to be like LSU (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9684)

Finfeatherfur 04-21-2010 07:34 AM

Ul football players trying to be like LSU

If this ain't the dumbest group of players in Louisiana, I don't know what is!

Four UL football players are facing drug charges after being arrested Monday night.
Three players of the four players met with Coach Rickey Bustle in his office Tuesday. All four players have been suspended indefinitely.
The four players are identified as Blaine Gautier, Rodney Gillis, Devon Lewis-Buchanan and Chris Richard. as of noon Tuesday Richard is the only one who is still in the Lafayette Parish Jail.
The four players were apparently growing marijuana plants on the balcony of their apartment. Eight plants were discovered by security guards while the players were not at home. Tune in to Eyewitness News at 5:00, 6:00, and 10:00 for more on this developing story.
The apartment the player's resided in was located inside the Quarters on Stewart Street near the McKinley Street Strip.
The university will have no comment on the arrests until a thorough review of the charges is completed.

RaginCagin 04-21-2010 08:04 AM

Dummies. Growing it on the balcony? At least grow it in a closet with lamps or just buy it. Its alot less risky:D.

yak'em-n-stack'em 04-21-2010 08:07 AM

and how is this like LSU?

we dont have many drug problems

Finfeatherfur 04-21-2010 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yak'em-n-stack'em (Post 142314)
and how is this like LSU?

we dont have many drug problems

About how many arrest have come out of LSU football????????

Finfeatherfur 04-21-2010 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaginCagin (Post 142313)
Dummies. Growing it on the balcony? At least grow it in a closet with lamps or just buy it. Its alot less risky:D.

Not the brightest apples on the tree!

SaltyCajunGirl 04-21-2010 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur (Post 142315)

Like who?

yak'em-n-stack'em 04-21-2010 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur (Post 142315)

how many arrests have come from every football program in the state,

this is a weak attempt at insult to LSU,

I have yet to understand why some people have to down us every chance they get

BellPepperHead 04-21-2010 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yak'em-n-stack'em (Post 142331)

This times eleventy billion.

Purple Back 04-21-2010 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yak'em-n-stack'em (Post 142331)

It is because they envy LSU!:D

yak'em-n-stack'em 04-21-2010 08:47 AM

perhaps if you were more educated about college football you would have compared them to U of Miami of the 80s and 90s, or the UT volunteers of recent years

LSU is not known for discipline problems

SULPHITE 04-21-2010 08:48 AM

Man busted on 420 how ironic?

Nevermind it was 420 eve!!

Finfeatherfur 04-21-2010 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yak'em-n-stack'em (Post 142337)
perhaps if you were more educated about college football you would have compared them to U of Miami of the 80s and 90s, or the UT volunteers of recent years

LSU is not known for discipline problems

Yackem, come *low me! Dude, it's a joke, relax.......breathe!
I am a huge LSU fan, and I really like all of our college teams in the state. I have ties to LSU (sister), McNeese (wife and mom both alumni), UL (me) and so on. It was a joke aimed at the fact these idiots had it out in the open and weren't very smart. Sort of like Ryan Perilloux's arrest, of Cecil "The Diesel" when he got arrested, or some of the other ones I can't remember off the top of my head. I was making fun to the fact that LSU has had multiple players arrested and now UL is in the light.

You guys take this crap too serious.

yak'em-n-stack'em 04-21-2010 09:09 AM

im willing to bet that you think these guys are terrible people for trying to grow some pot right?

cuz this obviously was causing violent crimes which is what pot does

Finfeatherfur 04-21-2010 09:12 AM

I don't like pot heads, no matter who they are. I have kids, and I am trying to raise them to see that drugs are bad, including pot. However, people like yourself seem to think pot is ok, and is no big deal. That is your choice, and I have mine.

Enough said!

Now, in the state of LA, cultivation of marijuana is illegal and they were arrested. It's up to the court to decide what to do with them, but I hope they are excused from the UL program for good.

yak'em-n-stack'em 04-21-2010 09:18 AM

lol i make myself laugh

but i agree they should be dismissed, they have to hold themselves to a higher standard. Being classified technically as an Athlete by the NCAA, I know the rules, and i also know that depending on how important they are to the team, will determine their punishment

SULPHITE 04-21-2010 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yak'em-n-stack'em (Post 142355)
lol i make myself laugh

but i agree they should be dismissed, they have to hold themselves to a higher standard. Being classified technically as an Athlete by the NCAA, I know the rules, and i also know that depending on how important they are to the team, will determine their punishment

heck just let'em stay...right...its not like these guys will affect anything...ULL is a subpar team who cares right??? Shouldn't matter...You shouldn't ENVY a small team which cannot contend with a larger caliber team right...just sweep it under the rug.

Uncle Barty 04-21-2010 09:42 AM

seems like we hit a nerve with someone.....

Jordan 04-21-2010 09:46 AM

its national tampon day..... guys, change 'em out

RaginCagin 04-21-2010 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SULPHITE (Post 142356)
heck just let'em stay...right...its not like these guys will affect anything...ULL is a subpar team who cares right??? Shouldn't matter...You shouldn't ENVY a small team which cannot contend with a larger caliber team right...just sweep it under the rug.

We used to let our basketball players hang around why not football players:)

SULPHITE 04-21-2010 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaginCagin (Post 142361)
We used to let our basketball players hang around why not football players:)

Thats the truth...LOL!!