SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Name change? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19758)

Montauk17 06-15-2011 09:30 PM

Name change?

Maybe salty cajun should be called biglake411.com. :rotfl: 90% of the discussion is based on big lake. We need to change it up,just sayin'.

"W" 06-15-2011 09:34 PM

That's already taking...and we would not want to ruin our reputation

SULPHITE 06-15-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montauk17 (Post 269605)
Maybe salty cajun should be called biglake411.com. :rotfl: 90% of the discussion is based on big lake. We need to change it up,just sayin'.

tough bro...nobody fishes the vermillion bay trash pile or whatever you got over there :p

Montauk17 06-15-2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SULPHITE (Post 269613)
tough bro...nobody fishes the vermillion bay trash pile or whatever you got over there :p

LOL yeah v bay is a fall time spot at best. Just saying the site would grow more with more reports other than big lake.

Raymond 06-15-2011 09:47 PM

Need some reports from the vermilion river !

Montauk17 06-15-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 269629)
Need some reports from the vermilion river !

Can't even call that a river,more like a tidal driven drainage ditch.

SULPHITE 06-15-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montauk17 (Post 269623)
LOL yeah v bay is a fall time spot at best. Just saying the site would grow more with more reports other than big lake.

I know just kidding! The fresh stuff coming down doesn't help either. I've seen a couple of east side reports, but nowhere near enough...I've fish BL for years tired of hearing about turners bay! LOL!!

inchspinner 06-15-2011 09:51 PM

Then somebodies from that side need to go fishing and give us a report from the east side........lots of fish over here

"W" 06-15-2011 09:51 PM

I heard they are killing the trout at the trash pile....

Salty 06-15-2011 09:51 PM

It is interesting how the vast majority of members here are from Lafayette west along I-10 to the state line. I didn't know that many people over that way had 'puters. :cool: ;)

ckinchen 06-15-2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montauk17 (Post 269623)

Leaders/men of action come up with solutions for the problems that they find. We recognize that our membership is not as high as we would like in other parts of the state. I am pumping out more merchandise than ever before and giving away a ton of stuff and providing more cash for reports. Clearly there are more reports on here right now than at any time in the last 2 years that I have been on here.

So what's your idea, you have the floor and my attention. If your not the lead dog the view is always the same.

Batter up.

speck-chaser 06-15-2011 09:52 PM

I hear they are catching a limit of sunken cars in the vermillion lately

SULPHITE 06-15-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 269638)
It is interesting how the vast majority of members here are from Lafayette west along I-10 to the state line. I didn't know that many people over that way had 'puters. :cool: ;)

I know right...hold on I've got to grab the latern and go drop a deuce in the outhouse...:p

Salty 06-15-2011 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckinchen (Post 269639)
Leaders/men of action come up with solutions for the problems that they find. We recognize that our membership is not as high as we would like in other parts of the state. I am pumping out more merchandise than ever before and giving away a ton of stuff and providing more cash for reports. Clearly there are more reports on here right now than at any time in the last 2 years that I have been on here.

So what's your idea, you have the floor and my attention. If your not the lead dog the view is always the same.

Batter up.

Ban everybody west of Baton Rouge.

hankscke123 06-15-2011 09:55 PM

I think we are getting more and more reports from the other side good things take time and I think it will get bigger

ckinchen 06-15-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 269638)

This is coming from the guy that can't get AT&T Uverse because he lives in the woods. Aren't you using AOL dial up to access this site?

Montauk17 06-15-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckinchen (Post 269639)

Batter up.

Not criticizing your focus on the site bro....hard to say what can bring in more members and reports from the other side. I made this thread so everyone could share there ideas. Again,not saying anything negative about the site....

inchspinner 06-15-2011 09:59 PM

chichen, i think youre doing an awsome job bro, hats off......

ckinchen 06-15-2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montauk17 (Post 269652)
Not criticizing your focus on the site bro....hard to say what can bring in more members and reports from the other side. I made this thread so everyone could share there ideas. Again,not saying anything negative about the site....

I didn't take it that way, just messing with you. I am always open for ideas from our members. I do think we are seeing way more reports now than we have in the past so I think the $30 SC cash and drawings are helping for the folks that we already have here. Also we are adding over 10 members per day, in the past that average was under 5 so we are trending in the right direction.

I'm the type of guy that is never satisifed so if you have some ideas to throw out there let's hear them.

"W" 06-15-2011 09:59 PM

Salty thinks dial up is state of the Art