SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Conservationist's Corner (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Weirs........ (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7993)

adamsfence 02-23-2010 08:18 PM

i am just saying i limit out at the jetties all the time are we going to close that next

"W" 02-23-2010 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamsfence (Post 118055)
i am just saying i limit out at the jetties all the time are we going to close that next

Jetties is open water 50ft deep 1mile long and 500yards or more wide...

Weirs are small and its a one way in and one way out deal........Im not for lowering the limit on reds just dont allow fishing for 1000 on any structure...let the fish go in and out to lake or marsh then catch them.......

Salty 02-23-2010 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 118067)
Jetties is open water 50ft deep 1mile long and 500yards or more wide...

Weirs are small and its a one way in and one way out deal........Im not for lowering the limit on reds just dont allow fishing for 1000 on any structure...let the fish go in and out to lake or marsh then catch them.......

6,000 posts and he finally makes sense. I don't agree with this beotch much but he's right on track here.

adamsfence 02-23-2010 08:30 PM

i guess im just not down there enough to see a problem i dont think you are going to fish big lake out of reds by fishing one very small part of the lake

Fishmaster 02-23-2010 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 118070)
6,000 posts and he finally makes sense. I don't agree with this beotch much but he's right on track here.

First the saints won the superbowl then salty agreeing with W, hell has to be frozen over.......................:eek:

"W" 02-23-2010 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamsfence (Post 118072)
i guess im just not down there enough to see a problem i dont think you are going to fish big lake out of reds by fishing one very small part of the lake

your not going to fish the reds out by no means but a red fish only reproduces once its over 25inch...(I believe)....... I think we should give them a chance to make it to the marsh or lake!!.......Fish have to eat so if you chunk a dead shrimp at the door he will take it..........Its like shooting Ducks coming out of the pin......... You will kill more ducks sitting by the door waiting for them to fly out...............Then you will sitting in the blind in a open field.................. Just saying we should look into giving the fish a chance to get out!!!

Salty 02-23-2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 118079)
your not going to fish the reds out by no means but a red fish only reproduces once its over 25inch...(I believe)....... I think we should give them a chance to make it to the marsh or lake!!.......Fish have to eat so if you chunk a dead shrimp at the door he will take it..........Its like shooting Ducks coming out of the pin......... You will kill more ducks sitting by the door waiting for them to fly out...............Then you will sitting in the blind in a open field.................. Just saying we should look into giving the fish a chance to get out!!!

I love how you put it into elementary terms so everyone can understand.

adamsfence 02-23-2010 08:43 PM

it don't really matter to me either way seems yall are pretty passionate about this so if it is hurting the fisheriery then close it.......just don't like to see more places closed to access...............Deadly you said people was talking about this is this just locals or important people that make decisions

Gerald 02-23-2010 10:06 PM

I don't think there needs to be a 1000 foot rule.

If the 250 foot....no fishing restriction were followed, the catch at the wier would be greatly reduced. Look at the picture I posted earlier tonight......2 boats in the "no fishing" area. This is very common.

FYI.......a ticket fishing there cost $ 225.

Reel Bender 02-23-2010 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 118084)
I love how you put it into elementary terms so everyone can understand.

You a w got a Love fest going on or what??:eek:

all star rod 02-23-2010 10:29 PM

maybe they should pass a law that you can only spec fish for 60 days like duck season.......I guess he is trying to stir the post since the super bowl/Saints talk have stopped.....LOL.....

Salty 02-23-2010 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reel Bender (Post 118153)
You a w got a Love fest going on or what??:eek:

No. Does it mean I have feelings for you just because I like your watch? :eek: :smokin:

Salty 02-23-2010 10:42 PM

Do the trout ever wad up at them wiers like the reds do?

all star rod 02-23-2010 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 118189)
Do the trout ever wad up at them wiers like the reds do?

I have only been fishing BL for 4 years and I have never seen or heard reports. The redfish slam at the weirs is not a year around event. In general, I think most fish it only because the trout fishing is slow at this time and the reds are stacked at the weirs at this time.

Salty 02-23-2010 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadly D (Post 118190)
:*****::*****::*****::*****::*****:

:rolleyes:

tgsx750f2000 02-23-2010 11:39 PM

If you make this a law then what's next? You can't fish under the birds! No using corky's! No using live shrimp! No using lights at night! I mean the list could go on forever.

The corky one was just a joke. LOL

all star rod 02-23-2010 11:43 PM

funny thing is the person who srtarted this thread has not caught really any fish lately except for fishing the weirs....LOL....this post was just to Stir The Pot....

SULPHITE 02-23-2010 11:45 PM

well there is so much marsh around the lake etc. where reds can enter freely without jigs and shrimp in der way. Also think of all the reds that go in and out during the night too.

QUACKHEAD 02-24-2010 12:11 AM

The thread does make for good discussion. I think the weirs are good as it is. Some of you have been around long enough to remember what it was like before the Blackened Red Fish Craze. You could catch Red fish with a bent perch hook and a can top. Yea they use to come off for you younger guys. Then the craze hit, and purse seiners came out from every country and caught everything the Gulf and oceans would give em. It didn't take but a couple of years for the fisheries to realize that the Red fish along with others were getting fewer and fewer. They band the seiners, put restrictions and now look, the population is growing by leaps and bounds. The conservation of red fish is and has proven itself where the laws are right now. The weirs in the whole scheme of things is nothing to the well being of the red fish population. Fool is right, which the more I read of his post I find he usually knows what he is talking about, you can put so many rules on things that after awhile it's just not enjoyable any longer and does not make sense. There's a lot of water in Big Lake and a whole lot more out in the Gulf. If you guy's think the wiers are putting a population hurt on the Red Fish.... U R WRONG! You also have the choice to NOT Fish there. That way you are not clogging the area when I pull up there my 2 times a year and want to catch a few RED'S.

LaAngler 02-24-2010 12:17 AM

why dont we ban guides