SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Lake Boudreaux Report (11/27 & 11/28) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5536)

EPaul 11-28-2009 10:56 PM

Lake Boudreaux Report (11/27 & 11/28)

I fished on Friday and Saturday in and around Lake Boudreaux in lower Terrebonne Parish. We had two good days for specks. No big fish, but there were plenty of them. Fish were caught on both swim baits and artificial shrimp under a cork. Ask Seeing Spots, I am the "King of Pop." Popping corks that is, even though I prefer to fish without them. Very few fish in the lake itself. Most of them were caught in canals off of the lake. I tried half-heartedly for reds with no luck.

Again, no pictures because I was too busy fishing. Oh, and don't think that Big Lake is the only place that has too many fishermen. It was crowded both days. Doesn't anyone work anymore?

Ray 11-28-2009 11:06 PM

How many fish did you catch?

EPaul 11-29-2009 02:16 PM

Fish Count

Friday I went with two kids and between all of the knot tying, bait changing, knot eradication, fish unhooking, etc... we ended up with 25. I think I caught 20 of those (based upon the count that the kids were making), so it wasn't a bad day for me.

Saturday, I fished with a novice in-law who struggled. We ended up with 37 and had to leave them biting to make it to a family function. I am pretty sure that I caught all of my limit and some of his too.

These aren't great overall numbers, but with any help from my partners we would have limited out both days.

speckdaddy 11-29-2009 03:08 PM

nice bro, nice.took my lil man tristan out today, limited out on spex and 8 reds by 9.he stuck all thereds and i netted em all. he was worn the heck out

Ray 11-29-2009 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EPaul (Post 83113)
Friday I went with two kids and between all of the knot tying, bait changing, knot eradication, fish unhooking, etc... we ended up with 25. I think I caught 20 of those (based upon the count that the kids were making), so it wasn't a bad day for me.

Saturday, I fished with a novice in-law who struggled. We ended up with 37 and had to leave them biting to make it to a family function. I am pretty sure that I caught all of my limit and some of his too.

These aren't great overall numbers, but with any help from my partners we would have limited out both days.

That ain't bad. Bring home the meat. Make momma and kids happy.
That's all you need to worry about.

Seeing Spots 11-30-2009 08:24 AM

I wish my inlaws lived in Chauvin. I could see it now " Honey, you want to go see your mom this weekend?"

EPaul 11-30-2009 08:40 PM

I visit my in laws more than anyone that I know. Sometimes I go without even brining my wife!?!

fishmaster911 11-30-2009 08:51 PM

epaul, help me out! i will be out there sat.

EPaul 12-01-2009 07:41 PM

Like I said, I couldn't find the redfish which is your main target. I have to say thought that I really didn't work too hard to find the reds. I caught the specks in Bayou Neuf and the surrounding areas. Boats were pretty thick in there also. This weekend will be a different story with the drastic weather change. I would think that the canals off of Bayou Chauvin should hold some reds. They always do at this time of year. This is a very far paddle for you in a kayak!

I wish I could be more help to you. Good luck!

fishmaster911 12-01-2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EPaul (Post 84574)
Like I said, I couldn't find the redfish which is your main target. I have to say thought that I really didn't work too hard to find the reds. I caught the specks in Bayou Neuf and the surrounding areas. Boats were pretty thick in there also. This weekend will be a different story with the drastic weather change. I would think that the canals off of Bayou Chauvin should hold some reds. They always do at this time of year. This is a very far paddle for you in a kayak!

I wish I could be more help to you. Good luck!

thanks for the info epaul ! i appreciate it . i will need all the luck i can get !!