SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Conservationist's Corner (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Will the CCA STAND UP??? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16827)

"W" 02-24-2011 06:46 PM

Will the CCA STAND UP???

I have been a supporter of the CCA for many years. I have never asked them for any kind of help but its time we do!

I give them around the sum of $500-$1000 a year so I want someone to step up and help us fight this Oyster raping of our Lake.....

This is what we support them for!!

SULPHITE 02-25-2011 10:09 AM

show up at the next meeting and bring it up...

cmdrost 02-25-2011 10:31 AM

we've had discussions with LDWF. Ball is in their court.

Ray 02-25-2011 12:40 PM

If CCA pushed as hard for banning oyster dredges as hard as they did for banning gill nets, they can win.
But I think they already shot their wad. They worked a lot harder back then than they do now.

"W" 02-25-2011 12:57 PM

They can make it happen.... I promise this!!! CCA has the contacts,Lawyers, and resources we need!!! Hell if they can fight to have a Triple Tail limit with Zero knowledge I'm sure we can get this taken care of....

Ray 02-25-2011 01:01 PM

To me, it seems like they are spending more money to get their pictures in the news instead of spending the money to fight like they did to get rid of the gill nets.

Big Lake seems big when you fish it, but it is not big enough with all the action we got on the lake.

Making it a "Trophy Lake" didn't help. They should have just lowered the limits state wide instead of making it look like everyone could catch a trophy if they drug a boat over here to fish.

Opinions_Vary 02-25-2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 230474)
To me, it seems like they are spending more money to get their pictures in the news instead of spending the money to fight like they did to get rid of the gill nets.

Big Lake seems big when you fish it, but it is not big enough with all the action we got on the lake.

Making it a "Trophy Lake" didn't help. They should have just lowered the limits state wide instead of making it look like everyone could catch a trophy if they drug a boat over here to fish.

There's no point behind lowering the limits statewide... No shortage of fish...

Hopedale Hustler 02-25-2011 02:20 PM

No point at all we have plenty of fish over here y'all can keep yall's 15 on that side the state lol

cmdrost 02-25-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opinions_Vary (Post 230492)
There's no point behind lowering the limits statewide... No shortage of fish...

opinions vary on that....:beathorse:

"W" 02-25-2011 03:12 PM

I have always agreed with 15 trout limit... Don't think it was done right due to no real reason to support it....then we get the title of Trophy Trout Lake ..that puts all eyes on us.... I don't care what the rest of the state is on limits...but the 15 tout limit was based on politics and individual purpose... Does it help..yes any lower of limits helps...but as I have said over and over... One area can only hold a given amount of fish....fish will only stay if food is there....