SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   hunting clubs (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8768)

whunter29 03-21-2010 06:01 PM

hunting clubs

Hello everyone I am in need of a new hunting club as my old club has to much bickering and no rules. I am looking for a club with deer and hopefully plenty of other game and a campground for my camper. I am a responsible hunter who has a kubota tractor with front end loader seeder and plow. I would like a club with some kind of management in place for under 2000 dollars a year.

Red Devil 03-21-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whunter29 (Post 129594)
Hello everyone I am in need of a new hunting club as my old club has to much bickering and no rules. I am looking for a club with deer and hopefully plenty of other game and a campground for my camper. I am a responsible hunter who has a kubota tractor with front end loader seeder and plow. I would like a club with some kind of management in place for under 2000 dollars a year.

If we have any openings, I'll get with the board members and let you know. Ours is invitation only, so I need to get with the village elders.

LaAngler 03-21-2010 10:11 PM

where are you looking to hunt?

Is it October YET? 03-22-2010 09:00 AM

If you are interested in hunting in Mississippi there are always plenty of openings on the link below. Look in the classifieds.

http://www.bullnettlenews.com/forum/default.aspx

whunter29 03-22-2010 10:42 PM

Pretty much anywhere in La. As long as they have deer and a place to camp. Also a lease where I could use my suzuki samurai to get around would be real nice. I also like to plant food plots in the spring and fall.

whunter29 03-22-2010 10:43 PM

Thanks Red Devil where do you hunt at?

Red Devil 03-23-2010 06:26 AM

I hunt in Winn parish about 4 miles north of a town called Sikes.

whunter29 03-23-2010 08:25 AM

Man that sounds good as right now I am in a club in Shady grove which is just across the Bienville line from Winn. I have herd that there is some good deer hunting around Sikes. The reason I am wanting out of my current club is because they decided they want deer killed during still season to be divided among the hunters hunting. I plant my own foodplots with no help from these people so why should I give these people meat for which I am burning a tag on.

Red Devil 03-23-2010 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whunter29 (Post 130496)
Man that sounds good as right now I am in a club in Shady grove which is just across the Bienville line from Winn. I have herd that there is some good deer hunting around Sikes. The reason I am wanting out of my current club is because they decided they want deer killed during still season to be divided among the hunters hunting. I plant my own foodplots with no help from these people so why should I give these people meat for which I am burning a tag on.

We do have rules, but, no one tells you when you can and can't hunt. You also have your own stands, and if you want to let someone hunt your stand that is your choice, not the clubs.

whunter29 03-23-2010 08:41 AM

Does your club take meat from someone who kills a deer still hunting? Also where I am now the first three deer taken during gun season go to the camp for meat for meals. I have no problem following rules. I have been in 4 different clubs in 15 years and I have been in this one for the past 6 years this club has a severe lack of rules and now this year they decided they wouldn't shoot does which I saw 15 of during three hunts last year. The club I am in now is a fun club but fun can only go so far when a person likes to hunt and eat what he kills.

longsidelandry 03-23-2010 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whunter29 (Post 130496)

That is how we operate on our lease. We divide the meat between the hunters that were hunting when the deer was killed. We also do not kill alot of does. Each member gets a doe to kill each year and can kill it whenever he likes and he gets all of the meat off of the doe. He can either kill it himself or give it to a guest of his to shoot. We let the little kids shoot a few deer a year to use for camp meat. Nobody has ever complained about any of the rules we have, whether it's a guest or a member.

Red Devil 03-23-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whunter29 (Post 130510)
Does your club take meat from someone who kills a deer still hunting? Also where I am now the first three deer taken during gun season go to the camp for meat for meals. I have no problem following rules. I have been in 4 different clubs in 15 years and I have been in this one for the past 6 years this club has a severe lack of rules and now this year they decided they wouldn't shoot does which I saw 15 of during three hunts last year. The club I am in now is a fun club but fun can only go so far when a person likes to hunt and eat what he kills.

Your kill is yours and no one elses unless you offer it to someone. We allow two does, one spike, and 6 point or better. You are allowed two stands and cannot be within 350 yards of another member. Nubbin bucks are a $200 fine for the first one, $500 for the second. Dude, this is my first hunting club and I'm going on my 4th year on this one. We have awesome people on this club and we respect each other. I will stay on this club as long as I'm alive or something drastically changes.

whunter29 03-23-2010 07:26 PM

Red devil thank you please see if you all are taking members as I am very interested.

longsidelandry 03-23-2010 07:47 PM

This is just a question, not meant to step on any toes. What is wrong with splitting the meat amongst the guys that were hunting when the deer was killed?

whunter29 03-23-2010 08:17 PM

Very simple I feed it, I killed I it, I drag it out, I tagged it, I clean it, it is mine. Now if we are hunting on reserves we split meat or if we are dog hunting. The problem I have run into is alot of the hunters in a club who want meat don't hunt and when I don't get backstrap off a deer i killed and I can hunt most of the season and end up with less than a deer in the freezer there is a problem.

longsidelandry 03-23-2010 08:29 PM

I like the way we run it because it gives everyone at the camp, especially the guests, a very good chance to leave with some meat. We always split it by whoever killed it obviously gets their choice of the piece they want. Then we pick numbers and whatever number you draw, you get the piece of meat with that same number tag on it. This way someone can go the whole year and if they weren't able to shoot anything, they can at least get a few pieces of meat throughout the year. Now when I want a whole deer I just go when nobody is there and kill a deer then I get the whole thing. On another note, you say that "you feed it", are you the only person that feeds on your lease?

eman 03-23-2010 08:36 PM

The clubs i used to hunt with were dog clubs in the am and still hunt in the pm or during the week.
deer that were killed on dog hunts were divided among all hunters and any still hunt killed deer belonged to the hunter that killed it.

longsidelandry 03-23-2010 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 130838)
The clubs i used to hunt with were dog clubs in the am and still hunt in the pm or during the week.
deer that were killed on dog hunts were divided among all hunters and any still hunt killed deer belonged to the hunter that killed it.

That's the same way we used to do it but then we changed and started doing it the current way so that the guests could leave with some meat even if they didn't kill anything. Every one of our members has a doe he can kill and keep for himself so he is guaranteed to have meat in the freezer...as long as he can shoot straight.

whunter29 03-23-2010 08:49 PM

Here is the deal I plant foodplots. I put up my stands. I feed the deer and I also due whatever needs doing around hunting camp. But there are those who do nothing and get meat. Also the meat that I was getting after 15 to 20 hunters most of the time amounted to 2 packs of soup meat. I have gotten screwed time and time again and that is why I am looking for a new club. I have no problem sharing meat while dog hunting but still hunting is a whole different situation. Also the club president doesn't obey by these rules and is the club dictator. We wanted meat sharing done away with and he didn't so it stays and the majority of members wanted it done away with.

longsidelandry 03-23-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whunter29 (Post 130850)
Here is the deal I plant foodplots. I put up my stands. I feed the deer and I also due whatever needs doing around hunting camp. But there are those who do nothing and get meat. Also the meat that I was getting after 15 to 20 hunters most of the time amounted to 2 packs of soup meat. I have gotten screwed time and time again and that is why I am looking for a new club. I have no problem sharing meat while dog hunting but still hunting is a whole different situation. Also the club president doesn't obey by these rules and is the club dictator. We wanted meat sharing done away with and he didn't so it stays and the majority of members wanted it done away with.

Yea you definately need to get out of that club. We hardly ever have that many hunters, usually the max we'll have is about 10 or 12 so everybody gets a full piece, if not then we take pieces out of the camp meat so that only full pieces are taken home. We also plant foodplots but everybody plants them just like everybody has feeders full of corn.