SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Our Winning Team... (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796)

Big Lake Blondie 06-07-2009 07:37 PM

Our Winning Team...

6 Attachment(s)
Well, what a weekend! Had a blast...The morning started out slow...Had a time getting on the fish...Finally started to pick up around 9:00...Caught quite a few trout, but nothing really over 3 pounds...Went down to the rocks and caught a bunch of reds...Had fun playing with them...Around 1:00 our group headed to the weigh in...Our friends daughter, Carli, and son Kegley, both placed 24th and 5th in the youth division...Their father, Carl Giles, took the coveted 1st place spot in this years Trout Shootout...Congrats to all who won and hope everyone had a great time...Can't wait for next year:D

Big Lake Blondie 06-07-2009 07:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And look who we spotted at the Shootout...The infamous "W"...:dance:

Bluechip 06-07-2009 07:41 PM

Nice pics... Was that the kiss of death or the kiss of catch and release??lol...:)

Bluechip 06-07-2009 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Lake Blondie (Post 12499)

Is he holding Huntin' Fool's hand so he don't run off...

flounder_smacker 06-07-2009 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Lake Blondie (Post 12499)

squatting as usual. i dont think ive ever seen a picture of him standing up. maybe hes normal height but he just squats all the time making him look short.:*****:

Big Lake Blondie 06-07-2009 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluechip (Post 12500)
Nice pics... Was that the kiss of death or the kiss of catch and release??lol...:)

Bad boy had to die...Redfish on the halfshell...Yummmmmm....:*****:

Deadly D 06-07-2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Lake Blondie (Post 12498)
Well, what a weekend! Had a blast...The morning started out slow...Had a time getting on the fish...Finally started to pick up around 9:00...Caught quite a few trout, but nothing really over 3 pounds...Went down to the rocks and caught a bunch of reds...Had fun playing with them...Around 1:00 our group headed to the weigh in...Our friends daughter, Carli, and son Kegley, both placed 24th and 5th in the youth division...Their father, Carl Giles, took the coveted 1st place spot in this years Trout Shootout...Congrats to all who won and hope everyone had a great time...Can't wait for next year:D

Im glad ya had fun. We did too,nice weather, crazy people out there but kept my cool. lol.

Big Lake Blondie 06-07-2009 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadly D (Post 12509)
Im glad ya had fun. We did too,nice weather, crazy people out there but kept my cool. lol.

Oh yeah...People was nutz for sure...Guess the next tourney will be July 4th weekend...Ready to go...:churn:

Big Lake Blondie 06-07-2009 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluechip (Post 12501)

Lol...No, he was squatting to get live fish for the weigh in...Fool was running around all over the place; boy was having a good time...:spineyes:

"W" 06-07-2009 07:59 PM

It was nice to meet you and your husband at the weight in!!! See I'm not that bad of a guy like salty says!! LMAO!!!

Big Lake Blondie 06-07-2009 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 12519)
It was nice to meet you and your husband at the weight in!!! See I'm not that bad of a guy like salty says!! LMAO!!!

Good to meet you too...Well, whoever says it, I judge myself on who I do and don't like...You ain't done nothing to me, so that's makes ya good in my book:D We might all have to get together one weekend and fish...See if we can't slaughter some...:)

Salty 06-07-2009 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluechip (Post 12501)

NOPE! Capt. Rauchnek.:*****:

LaAngler 06-07-2009 09:37 PM

nice fish!!!

Big Flounder 06-08-2009 06:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You even managed to get a pic of me.. I didn't know the poparazzi was out there. LOL Thats me to the left. Big guy in the white shirt on the black and white boat in everybodies way. Nice catch and congrats to the winner!

The Salty Hog 06-08-2009 07:04 AM

Great post Blondie, glad to see y'all had a good time, this year it seems like I'm offshore for every tournament accross the state, dam the bad luck!

Big Lake Blondie 06-08-2009 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Salty Hog (Post 12577)
Great post Blondie, glad to see y'all had a good time, this year it seems like I'm offshore for every tournament accross the state, dam the bad luck!

That ain't right...Maybe next year, you'll get out there...We plan our days off in advance for tournaments and big weekends...Already getting plans for next year...:*****:

LaAngler 06-08-2009 09:32 AM

do you have a pic of the winning fish?

Feesherman 06-08-2009 09:42 AM

7 place finish for me. Didn't catch a single redfish for a change.

Feesherman 06-08-2009 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Lake Blondie (Post 12510)
Oh yeah...People was nutz for sure...Guess the next tourney will be July 4th weekend...Ready to go...:churn:

YMBC tourny is June 20th out of Calcasieu point. Then 4th of July, which I will spend wayyyyyyyyyyyy offshore for 3 days.

Hackberry Hustler 06-08-2009 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaAngler (Post 12592)

No we did not get a pic of the winning fish he wanted to make sure it got there alive. He caught that fish early and had a hard time keeping it alive at first so we didnt chance pulling it out for a pic.

"W" 06-08-2009 12:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LaAngler (Post 12592)

Here is the 2nd place fish!!!:)