SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Water parks (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=582)

CatDaddy 05-27-2009 04:17 PM

Water parks

Does anyone know of a good water park that i can bring my wife and kids to. I have a 6 year old boy and a 3 year old girl. I also have a camper. Im looking for a place that dont usually have 50 thousand "obama supporters":pissed:. Is this even possible..:confused:

huntin fool 05-27-2009 04:19 PM

how far yall traveling..in state or out of state?

CAJUN THUNDER 05-27-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatDaddy (Post 8747)
Does anyone know of a good water park that i can bring my wife and kids to. I have a 6 year old boy and a 3 year old girl. I also have a camper. Im looking for a place that dont usually have 50 thousand "obama supporters":pissed:. Is this even possible..:confused:

goodluck...:rotfl:

CatDaddy 05-27-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 8748)
how far yall traveling..in state or out of state?

Its a shame that i have to, but i am almost willing to travel out of state. I know when we go camping there is hardly any "obama supporters" at camp grounds. What you got in mind?

huntin fool 05-27-2009 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatDaddy (Post 8752)
Its a shame that i have to, but i am almost willing to travel out of state. I know when we go camping there is hardly any "obama supporters" at camp grounds. What you got in mind?

idk if this is what you had in mind but- the schliterbahn in galveston is close to LA its a decent lil park. i cant remeber if there was many "obama supporter's there. but they sometimes dont swim....they stay on the edge of the rides/water :)

huntin fool 05-27-2009 04:24 PM

they are bout to (may have started) build a water park out by lacassine.

bigdog 05-27-2009 04:45 PM

How about tubing in denham springs, la at the Tiki.

http://www.tikitubing.com/

CAJUN THUNDER 05-27-2009 05:03 PM

there's a water park past eagle lake,tx and it is exactly what you looking for....i for got about that place..

CatDaddy 05-27-2009 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAJUN THUNDER (Post 8783)
there's a water park past eagle lake,tx and it is exactly what you looking for....i for got about that place..

Whats it called? i would like to google it and find out about it... Where is eagle lake located?

flounder_smacker 05-27-2009 05:24 PM

schliterbahn in new braunsfels texas is the best one i have ever been to. they have camp grounds on a river that is fed by a natural spring and is crystal clear and have some pretty good fishing over there. the park is huge also we went one day and couldnt slide down every slide it was so big. it was really nice. it has also been 3 years since ive been so i dont know how it is now. its about an 8 hour drive but i maybe only saw 10 obama supporters there.

CatDaddy 05-27-2009 05:42 PM

Awesome... My wife is checking them both out right now..

Gerald 05-27-2009 07:27 PM

IF you would prefer something much closer......The sulphur water park is nice for kids. The Obama supporter could be low or hi depending on the day.....about 20 % when we were there. Some good eye candy and some very bad. The life guards are well trained and I did not see any problems while there 2 times.

We got there with the grandkids when it opened and after a couple of hours....it gets crowed.

It is divided into young child area and older with big water slide.

mechanix000 05-27-2009 08:17 PM

san antonio

we broughtthe kids to schliterbauns by san antonio the town is new braunfields it is a huge *** water park very few moon crickets

huntin fool 05-27-2009 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mechanix000 (Post 8854)
we broughtthe kids to schliterbauns by san antonio the town is new braunfields it is a huge *** water park very few moon crickets

we can say moon crickets here???

what bout camel jockies?

yeh i havent been to the sulphur waterpark yet, heard its nice. Galveston schliterbahn is smaller then the new braunsville one (ofcourse) but it is still nice (new)

new braunsville one is HUGE! Whats nice about schliterbahns is that you can bring your own cooler full of drinks and chips and stuff.

there is another park called splash town, it is close to new braunsville. If schliterbahn is packed.

Bluechip 05-27-2009 08:30 PM

They also have Blue Bayou in Baton Rouge..

swamp snorkler 05-27-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluechip (Post 8859)
They also have Blue Bayou in Baton Rouge..

Lots of Porch Monkeys there.

Big Lake Blondie 05-27-2009 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swamp snorkler (Post 8868)
Lots of Porch Monkeys there.

:*****::*****::*****::*****::*****:

I'd have to agree that the Schlitterbaun in New Braunsfels is one of the best ways to go...Most bang for the buck and countless things to do...:D

SULPHITE 05-27-2009 09:54 PM

been tubing down the guadalupe river a couple of times...with a ice chest in a innertube chock full of brew:brew:...that is something else you can do over there.

Big Lake Blondie 05-27-2009 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SULPHITE (Post 8880)
been tubing down the guadalupe river a couple of times...with a ice chest in a innertube chock full of brew:brew:...that is something else you can do over there.

Sounds good too! :smokin:

I agree with tubing and canoeing...Such a blast...I dump the canoe first chance and tip everyone out of theirs when they pass where i'm hiding...:rotfl:

flounder_smacker 05-27-2009 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Lake Blondie (Post 8878)
:*****::*****::*****::*****::*****:

I'd have to agree that the Schlitterbaun in New Braunsfels is one of the best ways to go...Most bang for the buck and countless things to do...:D

someone finally spelled it right.