SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   End of duck season (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58196)

ckinchen 01-25-2015 10:07 AM

End of duck season

So how was your season this year? Do not give out your exact location to avoid competition keep it to general areas.

For us it was slow compared to prior years. We hunt in JB and we had high water all year. One of my other leases around hackberry was good first split but slow second split which is customary for that lease. Our south texas property had a decent year but I almost never went down there.

jlincecum 01-25-2015 10:17 AM

mine sucked. first split probably would have been decent but i missed all of it due to that damn JOB thing. second split was horrible, our worst ever by a long shot. I did have a few good hunts in big pasture.

ckinchen 01-25-2015 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlincecum (Post 737926)
mine sucked. first split probably would have been decent but i missed all of it due to that damn JOB thing. second split was horrible, our worst ever by a long shot. I did have a few good hunts in big pasture.

With the high water we never got our green wings second split which we live on. I missed a bunch of the first split due to football.

jlincecum 01-25-2015 11:32 AM

maybe I can snake someones good lease out from under em for next year

ckinchen 01-25-2015 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlincecum (Post 737930)
maybe I can snake someones good lease out from under em for next year

Lol

"W" 01-25-2015 12:55 PM

I saw that Steve German had one of his best year at there place in JB. Think they killed 501 birds in one blind

jpeff31787 01-25-2015 01:01 PM

I don't hunt, but fish every weekend, I didn't see as many ducks as I usually do

Top Dawg 01-25-2015 01:08 PM

Ducks B-

Specks A++

meaux fishing 01-25-2015 01:28 PM

Terrible year for me anybody want my blind? I'll happily let it get snaked after this year

Big Hutch 01-25-2015 03:08 PM

Bob et al in the East Zone,

Our blind in Bunkie sucked for ducks except for a few hunts. On those hunts we killed good ducks mallards and pintails but we never could have killed 4 man limits of those ducks. We could have shot limits of spoons several days but I can't overcome my raising to not waste shells on ducks I don't care to eat. We never had any big groups of teal on the farm either which was weird.

As for geese we did we'll after the first week of the season or at least when I was there. I killed more specks than last year in much fewer hunts and actually killed more snows and blues than specks. Surprisingly the snows and blues actually decoyed like specks.

And Bob, I won't ever snake your blind up there but if teal season is included then call me before you drop it.

Robbie aka Big Hutch

Big Hutch 01-25-2015 03:25 PM

As for our blinds in the Coastal Zone ducks were spotty at best. Some days we hammered the pintails with a few mallards and gadwalls mixed in and the next day there wouldn't be a duck. We actually finished very strong at one farm but at one traditionally good blind at another farm it was dead after January 1st. The overall absence of green wing teal is scary.

For geese we did very well at 1 of our farms which more than made up for our frustration at our other farms, One of our blinds did really well until Christmas and then they were gone.

I was disappointed in our 3rd blind because I would have considered it to be one of the best blinds around for specks. We had 5 or 6 great hunts early on but because of the poor duck hunting in their fields our neighbors hunted their goose blinds hard every day for about 3 weeks straight, called constantly, and sky busted everything that came close, and the specks flat out left. Oh and I forgot to mention about the propane cannon in the crawfish pond across the road ...

Just my thoughts.
Robbie aka Big Hutch

DaPointIsDaBomb 01-25-2015 03:38 PM

Decent year on vbay. Ruddy ducks made up most our bag with an occasional scaup or bonus merganser. Interested to see what everyone else did. If u don't mind put your area where u hunt, amount killed, and who u lease from.

meaux fishing 01-25-2015 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb (Post 737964)
Decent year on vbay. Ruddy ducks made up most our bag with an occasional scaup or bonus merganser. Interested to see what everyone else did. If u don't mind put your area where u hunt, amount killed, and who u lease from.

Don't forget their contact info also

DaPointIsDaBomb 01-25-2015 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 737965)
Don't forget their contact info also

Yes please. Don't have to pay alimony next year and my buddy named Snake and I are looking for a place. He got new silver lab pup we can use next season too

all star rod 01-25-2015 04:04 PM

We shot right at 270...plus 15 specs and 4 snows.

Some of our species total below..
47 mallards
29 pins
25 grey

Pretty good year.....time for SEPT to get here...

jlincecum 01-25-2015 04:14 PM

I'll give up the contact info for mine but I can save you some time and cuss words and tell you the outcome. I'm sure he'd be super excited about all the phone calls, lol

jchief 01-25-2015 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlincecum (Post 737969)
I'll give up the contact info for mine but I can save you some time and cuss words and tell you the outcome. I'm sure he'd be super excited about all the phone calls, lol

L M A O

And just wait till you get home.........:help:

meaux fishing 01-25-2015 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlincecum (Post 737969)

LOL!!!

mallardhead 01-25-2015 06:35 PM

Average year as far as numbers killed banner year on mallards and specks. Missed our usual green wings that never really showed up.

bab52 01-25-2015 07:48 PM

Average year n GC. 4 blinds 475 for the year mostly week ends. Teal, Greys, pintail. High note is the jewelry!! 3 bands