SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Quitters and Losers Forum (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29037)

superthrill 03-14-2012 11:45 PM

Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking

Anyone have any experience with this book? I don't read books if I can help it, so I'd like to know beforehand if it's really worth trying out. TIA.

fishinpox 03-14-2012 11:51 PM

I read it last year. Quit for 3 months... Started back up but recently quit again for lent. Used the gum for a few days but now I just tough it out n chew sunflower seeds . My neighbor turned me onto the book though, he did the easy way to quit drinking...mhasnt touched a drop. M basically what I've learned from trying To quit smoking multiple times is , it won't work if you do want it this time around I decided I want to live to enjoy my life , my future wife, my money ect... Honestly scared I'm gonna die if I don't stop . Been some free around 3 weeks

eman 03-15-2012 06:32 AM

WTG POX! You know what it takes to quit , now do it.

superthrill 03-15-2012 11:19 AM

I ordered it from Amazon. Gonna give it a try, as much as I hate to read, lol. And that is a great sentiment when you say there is too much to live for. I have intentionally done so much to myself over the years that is so very selfish in the respect that if I leave my family prematurily due to lung cancer, or heart disease due to not correcting hight cholesterol, or anything else along those lines, in effect I have robbed them of a father and their major means of support, both financially and emotionally. It's just selfish. Yet I knowingly do it. Why am I just now maturing enough to realize these things!!! Hell, I'm 34, or 35 I think maybe.

jchief 03-15-2012 11:28 AM

WTG Pox

Keep it up

brian22 04-10-2012 12:53 PM

Any of you try e-cigarettes? Work for me, I"m 2 months clean. Lots of good flavors out there and different nicotine levels. Do your own research, but i'm pretty convinced that this alternative is 100% cancer free. It uses propelyne(sp?) glycol and/or vegetable glycerin, used in asthma inhalers. The other ingredients are nicotine(or you can go no nic), and flavoring, that's about it. The juices had a bad reputation when they came out years ago b/c they were cheap and Chinese, but now there are American companies putting out quality product, complete with lab reports on the ingredients. Might work for someone else.

fishinpox 04-10-2012 02:38 PM

i havent smoked in 40 something days ( since ash wednesday) and i have no desire to touch one. no patches, no gum , but i do stuff my face with food !!

jchief 04-10-2012 08:01 PM

Whatever works guy's.

Pox, food tasting different yet?

fishinpox 04-10-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchief (Post 417933)
Whatever works guy's.

Pox, food tasting different yet?

Yep! N my belly is getting bigger!!!