SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Good luck to everyone hunting this weekend (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25078)

Montauk17 11-11-2011 10:32 AM

Good luck to everyone hunting this weekend

Bout to get on I-49 and head north for the weekend. First rut starts this weekend,gunna lay down a big buck! Good luck to everyone venturing out into the woods and marsh. I was sitting outside last night drinking a few cold ones and heard several flocks of geese fly over my house heading south! Should be a great opening weekend for the feather hunters as well.

DUCKGOGETTER 11-11-2011 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montauk17 (Post 348367)
bout to get on i-49 and head north for the weekend. First rut starts this weekend,gunna lay down a big buck! Good luck to everyone venturing out into the woods and marsh. I was sitting outside drinking a few cold ones and heard several flocks of geese fly over my house heading south! Should be a great opening weekend for the feather hunters.

good luck too you too and be safe

Jordan 11-11-2011 10:48 AM

good luck Ryan.

DUCKGOGETTER 11-11-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordan (Post 348378)
good luck ryan.

jordan you gonna go lay the smack down on some woodies tomorrow?

Nauticstar1187 11-11-2011 11:04 AM

Good luck guys, headed to white lake in a few min after a stop at lafayette shooters.

Montauk17 11-11-2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nauticstar1187 (Post 348385)
Good luck guys, headed to white lake in a few min after a stop at lafayette shooters.

Prime hunting right there,yall should be loaded with birds!

Jordan 11-11-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DUCKGOGETTER (Post 348379)
jordan you gonna go lay the smack down on some woodies tomorrow?

yup... gonna kill my limit by 7 am, come home clean them, take shower and go to lake charles for some Christmas shopping and time killing.

Going to be an easy morning

My dog killed a duck the other day. My grandpaw said that he was tossing it up in the air and grabbing it before it hit the ground. he said it looked like a hen pooldoo (SP?)

BassAssasin 11-11-2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montauk17 (Post 348367)
Bout to get on I-49 and head north for the weekend. First rut starts this weekend,gunna lay down a big buck! Good luck to everyone venturing out into the woods and marsh. I was sitting outside last night drinking a few cold ones and heard several flocks of geese fly over my house heading south! Should be a great opening weekend for the feather hunters as well.

Man im jealous! my whole family will be right behind ya headin to Ark. I gotta stay behind and be a good husband and be here for my wife. But ill be hedin up next wednesday, our rut seems to be running late this year so I may hit it perfect. Good luck bud, hope you get a big one!

Montauk17 11-11-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BassAssasin (Post 348396)
Man im jealous! my whole family will be right behind ya headin to Ark. I gotta stay behind and be a good husband and be here for my wife. But ill be hedin up next wednesday, our rut seems to be running late this year so I may hit it perfect. Good luck bud, hope you get a big one!

Thanks bro I hope to see a big daddy but if a tender nanny comes out she might take a dirt nap. Been roughing it out bow hunting all season with no luck. Seeing alot of deer just nothing within bow range. Shot at a nice 6 point but it was at 46 yards,missed him. Gunna bust out the ole browning this weekend,they in a bind! I know how you feel,I had to miss last weekend and it ate me up.

longsidelandry 11-11-2011 12:10 PM

Good luck Ryan! This will be my last weekend off, rifle season opens up next weekend so I'll be at the camp every weekend til the end of January!

Montauk17 11-13-2011 05:12 PM

No luck this weekend. Full moon and 20-30mph south winds messed everything up. Hope someone had better luck.