SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   C-Pap (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67495)

eman 08-19-2017 07:29 AM

C-Pap

I'm sure there are a few of you who use a cpap. I did my fitting test last night at oschners. I have worn flight mask that were more comfortable than that thing they had me wearing. with that face full of plastic i didn't feel like i could roll over and sleep on my side. ( i also had about 20 leads hooked up}
How long does it take to get used to sleeping with the mask?
Do you use the humidifier?
Is it a PITA to keep everything clean?

thanks , bob

FF_T_Warren 08-19-2017 07:35 AM

You should ask about the nose mask. They have a mask that just fits over your nose

Cappy 08-19-2017 11:29 AM

E, I use nasal pillow style mask it fits in ya nose and dont cover ya mouth das how I can have my beard and mustache and it dont interfere with reading or watchin tv.
I have never used the humidifier it aint nothing but trouble. It causes the mask to get dirty fast and allows germs and such to have a medium to grow in. The only thing ya need is a good chin strap to keep ya mouth closed when ya sleep. If ya mouth opens and air rushes out it ya get bad cotton mouth. But it hapens seldom and those humidifiers are nothing but trouble.

papap 08-20-2017 08:07 PM

Tried the pillow mask.

B Shark 08-22-2017 07:30 AM

I will be getting fitted for one in a few days, good to see others experiences.

PEACEKEEPER 08-22-2017 08:28 AM

I have a bpap. I could not use the cpap. The bpap regulates the pressure so i can exhale easier. I also use the pillow mask. All the crap you are going through is the worst part. There is no comparison to how much better i sleep now!!! Also make sure you tell them if the pressure is too much or not enough, so they can adjust it. Over time you will need it increased from time to time. Welcome to a goods nights rest!!!

Odabeaux 08-22-2017 09:52 AM

The sleep study was the worse.
I have a Phillips auto-pap and use the nasal mask, adjusted to it immediately.

jkcckc2002 08-27-2017 10:38 AM

I have been using one for about 5 years now. I have bad sinus/allergy issues so i have to use the full face and the humidifier. It took me a whole month of using it every night before i could wear it all night. The best thing to happen to ne in years. Since i started using it i dont have heartburn at night any more and dont get up several time anymore either. It may help to just wear the mask with the machine on while watching tv a while before bed to get used to it.

Good luck and i hope it helps you as much as it helped me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk