SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   McNeese Ducks Unlimited (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62137)

AubreyLaHaye458 10-29-2015 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spunt Drag (Post 777442)
Look how late the season used to open, November 23rd. That's our problem, I've been saying it, the ducks don't get here til February.

Their season also ended January 6th. And it says there in that piece of that article that there was "quite a number of birds in early November"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trout rivers 10-29-2015 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spunt Drag (Post 777442)
Look how late the season used to open, November 23rd. That's our problem, I've been saying it, the ducks don't get here til February.

I agree with you and it should still apply today IMO Arkansas is pretty point on with there migration dates... Louisiana not so much by a long shot! I have lived and hunted duck/geese for years in Arkansas ...but never agreed with Louisiana on there research on the their hunting dates .... it just doesn't make logical sense to me. Im not knocking DU or Delta but they conserve all the land they want but if your in a war zone on a public establishment, which will probably always be now. Duck leases keep skyrocketing ,and no more public hunting land is being attained. Supposedly there are more ducks now than there has ever been, but hunting is also as worse as its ever been. Im all for conservation but I/we can hardly hunt because a lease is above my/our means and lots of others also. Public land is a joke everywhere ,and I know because I have hunted Arkansas to Louisiana Im not here to ***** just stating facts of a working man... also Im no G&F Expert! and support DU AND DELTA note... im all for conservation of natural habitat for the animals but altering natural habitat and breeding im not

Feesherman 10-30-2015 05:04 AM

Quote:

Ducks Unlimited is going to fight for hunters, because without hunters, the organization is not going to exist. And with all the anti-hunting liberals running rampant these days, we need all the voices and power we can get.

The day they succeed in banning hunting is the day conservation organizations and conservation die.
Wow u way off da mark. At least read DUs mission statement compared to Deltas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Smalls 10-30-2015 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feesherman (Post 777475)
Wow u way off da mark. At least read DUs mission statement compared to Deltas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

You don't think they would if push came to shove? Lets face it, hunting is being attacked, but the threat of those antis succeeding is not very high right now. DU's mission statement might not include hunting, but it is still an organization of hunters for the most part. If you think the fact that a "mission statement" is going to keep someone from doing what they believe is right, then I've got some good duck marsh in the Sahara to sell you.

Again, if there aren't hunters, there is no DU. Plain and simple.

Top Dawg 10-30-2015 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smalls (Post 777476)
You don't think they would if push came to shove? Lets face it, hunting is being attacked, but the threat of those antis succeeding is not very high right now. DU's mission statement might not include hunting, but it is still an organization of hunters for the most part. If you think the fact that a "mission statement" is going to keep someone from doing what they believe is right, then I've got some good duck marsh in the Sahara to sell you.

Again, if there aren't hunters, there is no DU. Plain and simple.

Yea...but remember last year you thought your ol boy Bart would do what's right?

Smalls 10-30-2015 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 777477)
Yea...but remember last year you thought your ol boy Bart would do what's right?

That has absolutely ZERO to do with anything I've said in this thread.

cgoods17 10-30-2015 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 777441)
Here's a pic from back when Arkansas was first shortstopping ducks in the 1940's

Attachment 97139

i wonder why the season started on NOV 23, back in 1946?

seachaser250 10-30-2015 09:15 AM

Delta and DU are both important organizations that do a lot to benefit duck hunters all over North America.

You can't make everyone happy all the time.- that statements explains a lot of the griping and complaining in this ridiculous thread.

noodle creek 10-30-2015 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarshRat89 (Post 777347)
Yea, I call bs too! They had to of made those numbers up in an attempt to get us to send more money to DU. Well played boys.... Well played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know aerial surveys are a little off, but still waiting to hear how we kill more birds than we have in the state.

capt coonassty 10-30-2015 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noodle creek (Post 777503)
I know aerial surveys are a little off, but still waiting to hear how we kill more birds than we have in the state.

I believe the surveys only account for birds in the state at a given time. All the ducks don't migrate to the state at the same time, so its possible for our state to see 10 Million (made up number) ducks over the entire winter. But the aerial survey only shows what birds are here at that time.

I think this thread had simmered out. New topic

Smalls 10-30-2015 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noodle creek (Post 777503)

You do realize the winter surveys and the harvest estimates are independent of one another, right?

tboy 10-30-2015 11:10 AM

My only comment for this thread is that any data supposedly collected from HIP is a joke. I haven't been asked ANY questions for at least the last 3 seasons.

capt coonassty 10-30-2015 11:14 AM

For everyone buying licenses at Academy and Walmart, the lady who was stuck at the register most likely has minimal training and even lest interest in what HIP is.

You know your suppose to be answering questions, so why not bring it up when buying a license?

Nickt87 10-30-2015 11:46 AM

:D
Quote:

Originally Posted by Outdoorsman97 (Post 777056)
McNeese Ducks Unlimited is having their first sportsman night out on November 3rd at 6pm at Our lady Queen of Heaven life Center. There will be Jambalaya, beer, Bird Dog whiskey, and Bayou Rum. There will also be raffles and an auction.

Tickets can be bought at the door or online.
$45 non student
$35 student
$25 17 & under

https://www.ducksystem.com/cgibin/ww...001&ex=TICKETS

Most important question on this whole thread....They gonna have some talent there serving food and drinks?!:D

StanMan 10-30-2015 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickt87 (Post 777511)
:D

Most important question on this whole thread....They gonna have some talent there serving food and drinks?!:D

They already gettin drunk at church. Might as well throw in a few hookers.

B-Stealth 10-30-2015 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capt coonassty (Post 777504)
I believe the surveys only account for birds in the state at a given time. All the ducks don't migrate to the state at the same time, so its possible for our state to see 10 Million (made up number) ducks over the entire winter. But the aerial survey only shows what birds are here at that time.

Lol I'm surprised it's still alive; well maybe on life support.

noodle creek 10-30-2015 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capt coonassty (Post 777504)

I'm very aware. If there were 10 mil, we still don't kill 20%

Top Dawg 10-30-2015 07:55 PM

I wanna know what the du kool-aid drinkers are considering the breeding grounds.

B-Stealth 10-30-2015 07:58 PM

I blame Will Drost; I heard he mostly hunts in Arkansas and Canada now.

Top Dawg 10-30-2015 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Stealth (Post 777562)
I blame Will Drost; I heard he mostly hunts in Arkansas and Canada now.

Don't blame him lol.