SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   McNeese Ducks Unlimited (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62137)

Feesherman 10-27-2015 10:09 PM

Why dey call it ducks unlimited? Shouldn't it be called rich man's land unlimited?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Marque 10-27-2015 10:13 PM

This might get physical.

1 Attachment(s)
Yikes

Top Dawg 10-27-2015 10:15 PM

What's really funny is they supposed to be about the ducks lol. I witnessed a DU "big wig" tell someone one day "if I woulda known that was your truck with the delta sticker I woulda ripped it off" being serious as all get out haha. That's when u come to realize it's not about the ducks.

AubreyLaHaye458 10-27-2015 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 777089)
What's really funny is they supposed to be about the ducks lol. I witnessed a DU "big wig" tell someone one day "if I woulda known that was your truck with the delta sticker I woulda ripped it off" being serious as all get out haha. That's when u come to realize it's not about the ducks.

Your point? You're judging a whole organization based off of what you heard one guy say to another?

Cool story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Dawg 10-27-2015 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 (Post 777090)
Your point? You're judging a whole organization based off of what you heard one guy say to another?

Cool story

I would be mad too. I understand your hostility.

Wrh 10-27-2015 10:22 PM

These gobs of land purchases up north are used as sanctuaries for the birds to reproduce. If they don't have these places to do so then your duck season will undoubtably become worse because the duck population will slowly but surely shrink because the land they go to would become commercialized.

AubreyLaHaye458 10-27-2015 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 777091)
I would be mad too. I understand your hostility.

I'm just trying to get you to make an argument that makes sense or has some kind of solid support. So far all you've got is a picture you got off of google and some eavesdropping

Top Dawg 10-27-2015 10:24 PM

Google! Hahaha. Exactly why there's no point in arguing with yall. U still got a lil more cornbread to eat but them Cher lil eyes will open one day.

AubreyLaHaye458 10-27-2015 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 777094)
Google! Hahaha. Exactly why there's no point in arguing with yall. U still got a lil more cornbread to eat but them Cher lil eyes will open one day.

Then do us all a favor, almighty one! Open our lil eyes! Show me! Say something, anything that proves you have any kind of ACTUAL knowledge on the subject!! Please oh wise one!

Top Dawg 10-27-2015 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 (Post 777095)
Then do us all a favor, almighty one! Open our lil eyes! Show me! Say something, anything that proves you have any kind of ACTUAL knowledge on the subject!! Please oh wise one!

Do a search. We have discussed this plenty of times. There's always a few sunshine pumpers. What's real funny is when u see ppl heading to hunt some du projects in canada and then they pimpin the local banquets. Hehe.

AubreyLaHaye458 10-27-2015 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 777097)
Do a search. We have discussed this plenty of times. There's always a few sunshine pumpers. What's real funny is when u see ppl heading to hunt some du projects in canada and then they pimpin the local banquets. Hehe.

My search results:

Dewey Mills WMA, Sherburne WMA, Point Aux Chenes WMA, Lacassine NWR, Catahoula Lake. All La DU projects.

Ain't many fancy DU big wigs hunting these places! This is the public land where the regular folks hunt.

Not sure why you've got such a hard on for Canada. Anybody would be crazy to turn down a hunting trip in Canada. The freakin birds spend most of the year there! There will always be birds in Canada.

Outdoorsman97 10-27-2015 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 777094)

I hope you like duck hunting because it's people like you that will end conservation for ducks because you say crap about an organization trying to conserve wetlands for hunters.

Top Dawg 10-27-2015 10:37 PM

Just enough smoke n mirrors to keep ppl donating. Great for marketing. Gotta give it to em.

AubreyLaHaye458 10-27-2015 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 777100)
Just enough smoke n mirrors to keep ppl donating. Great for marketing. Gotta give it to em.

Once again, almighty, all knowing Top Dawg. What do you propose we do? Get rid of all conservation organizations together? Whatever happens, happens? I mean, you obviously know better than everyone else here. Do we also get rid of GWs? No more limits? What do we do?!?!

Wrh 10-27-2015 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 777100)

Your ignorance is frustrating. If you truly think its all "smoke n mirror" then that's ashame. There are many people who are trying to conserve wetlands, and this group you're coming after is a college group. It's young men and woman who are trying to make a difference and keep duck hunting around so the next generations can enjoy it the same way we do. It's people like you, who do nothing and bad mouth anyone who tries to do something, who will ruin duck hunting for everyone.

Top Dawg 10-27-2015 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 (Post 777101)
Once again, almighty, all knowing Top Dawg. What do you propose we do? Get rid of all conservation organizations together? Whatever happens, happens? I mean, you obviously know better than everyone else here. Do we also get rid of GWs? No more limits? What do we do?!?!

If it makes u feel warm and fuzzy inside I suggest u keep givin ur money to the scheme. I'ma use mine to buy shells and plane tickets up north.

AubreyLaHaye458 10-27-2015 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 777103)
If it makes u feel warm and fuzzy inside I suggest u keep givin ur money to the scheme. I'ma use mine to buy shells and plane tickets up north.

You seem to have it all figured out. Here I am, asking you. Explain yourself man. Not a real complicated thing I'm asking you to do. If DU is as bad as you say it is what's the alternative?

Top Dawg 10-27-2015 10:58 PM

That's a good question. Maybe instead of pimpin du someone as concerned as u could start an organization worth sending my money to. But I'm not gonna donate to enhance someone's private marsh hunting or buy someone's ticket to canada. I'll use my money to send myself there. When u start ur new organization holla I'll check it out.

Lake Chuck Duck 10-28-2015 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrh (Post 777092)
These gobs of land purchases up north are used as sanctuaries for the birds to reproduce. If they don't have these places to do so then your duck season will undoubtably become worse because the duck population will slowly but surely shrink because the land they go to would become commercialized.

Just curious, are they actually purchasing this land? And what are they doing to manage the land they purchase?

Feesherman 10-28-2015 04:55 AM

Even better, chuck, ask em how many ducks they have produced. U won't get an answer.