SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   7-10 Vacation Snapper!! (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67301)

BIG-C 07-10-2017 04:59 PM

7-10 Vacation Snapper!!

2 Attachment(s)
Made it to Destin yesterday for a week long vacation and on the way here Lil-C says dad I have two request while we are in Destin.Number one I want to go charter fishing for red and mingo snapper and number two I want some KRYSPY KREME DOUGHNUTS!! wELL TODAY HE CAUGHT RED AND PLENTY OF MINGOS AND TOMORROW I WILL GO GET HIS DOUGHNUTS!!

Feesherman 07-10-2017 05:08 PM

What's a mingo snapper? I've never fished in Florida

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

BIG-C 07-10-2017 05:35 PM

[QUOTE=Feesherman;823414]What's a mingo snapper? I've never fished in Florida

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk[/QUOTESome call them beeliners or mingo not sure what the book name is but I have caught them in Louisiana also.limit is 10 per person here and 10 inch minimum size,they have the same color as red snapper but are slimmer and have a leaner body.

Matt G 07-10-2017 06:33 PM

One lucky kid there! Bring him to Donut Hole Bakery Cafe instead of Kristen Kreme . It'll change that boy's life! Lol

I'll be in Destin next week. What charter did you use? I've always wanted to jump on one of the open boat charters, but was leery of them. Looks like y'all did great.

BIG-C 07-10-2017 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt G (Post 823417)
One lucky kid there! Bring him to Donut Hole Bakery Cafe instead of Kristen Kreme . It'll change that boy's life! Lol

I'll be in Destin next week. What charter did you use? I've always wanted to jump on one of the open boat charters, but was leery of them. Looks like y'all did great.

Olin Marler Charters,make sure you ask to be on the Gentle Winds for an 8hr trip,it was only $95 per person and we only had 15 people on the boat,its 65foot long and had A/C,cant beat that,been goin with them for15 years now.

bjhooper82 07-10-2017 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG-C (Post 823412)
Made it to Destin yesterday for a week long vacation and on the way here Lil-C says dad I have two request while we are in Destin.Number one I want to go charter fishing for red and mingo snapper and number two I want some KRYSPY KREME DOUGHNUTS!! wELL TODAY HE CAUGHT RED AND PLENTY OF MINGOS AND TOMORROW I WILL GO GET HIS DOUGHNUTS!!

Now that's awesome!! I sure hope he goes back to school and brags to all of his friends about all the fish he catches!

gckid 07-10-2017 09:52 PM

mingo, beeliner all names for the vermillion snapper

Feesherman 07-11-2017 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gckid (Post 823421)
mingo, beeliner all names for the vermillion snapper

Ahhhhh vermillion snapper, gotcha

swamp snorkler 07-11-2017 01:52 PM

Nice trip, last year me and my boy took a party boat out of PCB, we didn't catch nearly what yall did but we only had a 5hr trip. This past week we were back in PCB. I went to see what the 8hr trip was bringing in and it wasn't close to that as far as snapper go. Yall did great, I'll keep them in mind for next season.

fishingdirty 07-11-2017 05:37 PM

Man that is too cool looks like an awesome trip!!

shellman 07-12-2017 02:14 PM

Way to get them snaps big C...I bet little man c had funz....