SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Looking for a new autoloading shotgun, advice please! (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36275)

ford42 09-17-2012 06:02 PM

Looking for a new autoloading shotgun, advice please!

Im looking for a new semi-auto shotgun, im coming from a BPS(12ga). What i will be hunting most is, pheasant and hoping to get into goose and duck. I also shoot a lot of clays... I'm Leaning toward the browning Silver Hunter, but also considering beretta A300. Is it worth to stretch my budget for the Maxus?

Let me know what you think, I AM OPEN TO OTHER SHOTGUNS.

Thank you,
Adam

SULPHITE 09-17-2012 06:04 PM

i would go for a lighter weighted shotgun being as pheasant hunting usually requires a bit of walking

meaux fishing 09-17-2012 06:11 PM

browning silver is a nice gun. One of my duck hunting partners shoots one. I agree with Sul though lighter is better espcially with doing alot of walking. Although if you are used to a BPS a silver is a lighter gun

all star rod 09-17-2012 06:12 PM

Benelli vinci is very light.....get one you will love them...i have 2.

meaux fishing 09-17-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all star rod (Post 494073)
Benelli vinci is very light.....get one you will love them...i have 2.

super vinci is even lighter...gonna be my next gun

cmcnabb 09-17-2012 06:32 PM

If you like takin your gun completely apart all the time and cleaning it, go with browning gold or silver. If you want reliable, go Italian, beretta, benelli, franchi

ford42 09-17-2012 06:58 PM

What do u think of the benelli inertia system? Dont u have to clean all auto loader frequently?

Kenner18 09-17-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmcnabb (Post 494084)
If you like takin your gun completely apart all the time and cleaning it, go with browning gold or silver. If you want reliable, go Italian, beretta, benelli, franchi

Where do yall come up with this crap ? I have shot Brownings for the past 15 yrs and never had to do this . I clean it at the beginning and the end of duck season ,thats it . I own a Gold ,Silver and a Maxus no problems .

cmcnabb 09-17-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenner18 (Post 494100)
Where do yall come up with this crap ? I have shot Brownings for the past 15 yrs and never had to do this . I clean it at the beginning and the end of duck season ,thats it . I own a Gold ,Silver and a Maxus no problems .

I have hunted probably 10 different people with golds or silvers and I have seen 1 work the way it should. If it works for you, great. I have never seen a maxus so I can't say anything about it

Kenner18 09-17-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmcnabb (Post 494101)
I have hunted probably 10 different people with golds or silvers and I have seen 1 work the way it should. If it works for you, great. I have never seen a maxus so I can't say anything about it

I have hunted with the same amount of people who have hated Benellis ,but I never owned one so I cant speak about them being junk . If you dont own it how can you say its junk ,at least thats my opinion .

simplepeddler 09-17-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ford42 (Post 494092)
What do u think of the benelli inertia system? Dont u have to clean all auto loader frequently?

the Inertia system is proven.....I clean my gas operated Berettas once a year before they go back in the safe unless I dunk them in the brackish areas we hunt.
Bottom line stay with the "B" guns and you'll be fine.
No Browning is makin the Winchester and Beretta is making the Franchi.
I am going pick up the Franchi Affinity for my son tomorrow.

cmcnabb 09-17-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenner18 (Post 494105)
I have hunted with the same amount of people who have hated Benellis ,but I never owned one so I cant speak about them being junk . If you dont own it how can you say its junk ,at least thats my opinion .

I never said I hate browning I said I have seen enough fail to know I don't want one. I'll never own one either because of what I've seen

bluewing 09-17-2012 08:09 PM

Super x-3

Top Dawg 09-17-2012 08:27 PM

I have an old browning auto that was given to me. And I have seen brownings fail on several occasions. I also will never buy one. I love my Vinci. And if you want light it's the gun. Berettas are very good guns from my experience too. I don't think you can go wrong with either of these guns but the beretta will be heavier than the Vinci.

ford42 09-17-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenner18 (Post 494100)

If you could only have one of those three what one would you pick?

Armand16 09-17-2012 09:56 PM

Browning Gold. I have two and they both shoot flawlessly. The maxus is pretty sweet and I would say thats my next gun but I don't think I will be buying another shotgun.

Kenner18 09-18-2012 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ford42 (Post 494168)
If you could only have one of those three what one would you pick?

I actually shoot the silver better than any of them . The Maxus is lightest of the three and probably my favorite one. And Im waiting to get my hands on the new A5 next . Im a Browning fan and collector .
The main thing is pick which gun fits you best ,no matter who makes it .
I have seen ALL of the manufacturers guns fail at some point,so its really up to you and what you wanna spend your money on.

ford42 09-18-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenner18 (Post 494203)
I actually shoot the silver better than any of them . The Maxus is lightest of the three and probably my favorite one. And Im waiting to get my hands on the new A5 next . Im a Browning fan and collector .
The main thing is pick which gun fits you best ,no matter who makes it .
I have seen ALL of the manufacturers guns fail at some point,so its really up to you and what you wanna spend your money on.

whats the difference between the gold and the silver?
Is it worth the extra $200-$300 for the maxus?

DUCKGOGETTER 09-18-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ford42 (Post 494426)
whats the difference between the gold and the silver?
Is it worth the extra $200-$300 for the maxus?

my dad has a maxus i shot sunday and i love it. Thinking about buying one

noodle creek 09-18-2012 02:30 PM

Maxus or winchester SX3. Both are lighter guns for pheasant hunting.