SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Ideas welcome, possible new fishing show? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3561)

King Cobra 09-30-2009 04:48 PM

Ideas welcome, possible new fishing show?

Hi all,

I have been browsing around here for a week or so and I really like what I have seen so far. I am doing some fact finding and trying to get opinions on what people may like to see in a new fishing show. It would have to be a little different from the existing shows dedicated to louisiana outdoors shown on cox sports.

Basically the whole operation would have to start out fairly simple. All input and suggestions welcome, any ideas on a host?

Salty 09-30-2009 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Cobra (Post 54993)
Hi all,

I have been browsing around here for a week or so and I really like what I have seen so far. I am doing some fact finding and trying to get opinions on what people may like to see in a new fishing show. It would have to be a little different from the existing shows dedicated to louisiana outdoors shown on cox sports.

Basically the whole operation would have to start out fairly simple. All input and suggestions welcome, any ideas on a host?

Use Waltrip as the "host" and, I promise...it'll be different. :smokin:

Jordan 09-30-2009 06:01 PM

Try traditional themes. Perch jerkin'. Trot lining. Hoop netting. Bow fishing. Flounder gigging. Everything on tv now is trout redfish and offshore
Just my .02. Oh and please don't use waltrip. Maybe TT??? Lol jk

huntin fool 09-30-2009 06:13 PM

I'd recomend you find a few kids from the southern part of the state that actually know what they're doing and do a show on them.. :rolleyes:

They're are a few that i know of...

Brayden W. (he can hunt)
Brayden W. (he can fish)
Brayden W. (he'll provide a bote for the show)

You can also call him 'fool for short ;)

Jordan 09-30-2009 06:16 PM

I recommend fool for sure. At least he can spell

"W" 09-30-2009 06:39 PM

This already in the works!! I meet a guy from New Orleans who has filmed a few shows around LA.... There is more than just shooting the show!!! But we gaved talked about it!!!

huntin fool 09-30-2009 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 55023)
This already in the works!! I meet a guy from New Orleans who has filmed a few shows around LA.... There is more than just shooting the show!!! But we gaved talked about it!!!

Dude how many drinks have you had? i have not been able to understand not one of your sentences today :confused:

Jordan 09-30-2009 06:45 PM

Lol. What I told ya. But we gaved talked about it? ***? Seriously ??

Salty 09-30-2009 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 55014)
I'd recomend you find a few kids from the southern part of the state that actually know what they're doing and do a show on them.. :rolleyes:

They're are a few that i know of...

Brayden W. (he can hunt)
Brayden W. (he can fish)
Brayden W. (he'll provide a bote for the show)

You can also call him 'fool for short ;)

Brayden Waltrip? :eek: :confused: :smokin:

Deadly D 09-30-2009 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 55025)
Dude how many drinks have you had? i have not been able to understand not one of your sentences today :confused:

its not the drinks its the pills man

Jordan 09-30-2009 06:48 PM

Lol @ salty

huntin fool 09-30-2009 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cap'n D (Post 55029)
its not the drinks its the pills man

Oh yeah that boy went to the Doc today huh?

Jordan 09-30-2009 06:58 PM

Pills ? ? He don't do anything to have to have pills

"W" 09-30-2009 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 55038)
Oh yeah that boy went to the Doc today huh?

It was from my phone.... Yep Doc said Im going to have to lay off casting for a few weeks....MRI When I come back in:(!! Ha but what he dont know wont hurt em:p

Red Devil 09-30-2009 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Cobra (Post 54993)
Hi all,

Just be real and true. Don't pretend to be something you are not and don't forget where you came from. Shows tend to be better when you are true to what you are doing and not pretending to be some kind of pro repeating what someone else told you . You know, like the clowns on the outdoor channel and stuff like that. A genuine show with everyday people, not EGOMANIACS, would be awesome.

SULPHITE 09-30-2009 07:43 PM

the worst outdoor show I have ever seen was when buck mcneely shot a small...small...small...black bear out of tree with a pistol...it was terrible....still had milk on its mouth and just stared at him...real sporty. just don't mimic buck mcneely.

slip knot 09-30-2009 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Devil (Post 55052)
Just be real and true. Don't pretend to be something you are not and don't forget where you came from. Shows tend to be better when you are true to what you are doing and not pretending to be some kind of pro repeating what someone else told you . You know, like the clowns on the outdoor channel and stuff like that. A genuine show with everyday people, not EGOMANIACS, would be awesome.

So much for W being the star...SK

bay_slayer 09-30-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 55027)
Brayden Waltrip? :eek: :confused: :smokin:

Huntinfool are you related to W????:eek::eek:

catch.and.fillet 09-30-2009 08:49 PM

Host - Absolutely Big Lake Blondie
Second Host - 007's wife/girlfriend/avatar image
Logo- Killer K
Special Reports - Fool, Jordan, and W vs. Salty talking LSU v. OU
10 minutes each episode interviewing kids catching their first fish, going fishing for the first time, and trash talking their grandpa, dad, and older brother
And a segment on outlaws - like America's most wanted - on over the limit catches including full details including where and what lure they used.
And never any recommendations to fish under birds or at the weirs.

mikedatiger 09-30-2009 08:58 PM

How about something like this - Hot Fish...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8fEDVbjHLU