SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Events Forum (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Longleaf Pine Field Day (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44112)

Duck Butter 05-21-2013 02:30 PM

Longleaf Pine Field Day

1 Attachment(s)
Thursday, May 23 at Kisatchie if anyone is interested. The workshop is now free and crawfish are included. Lots of good presenters:)

Smalls 05-21-2013 02:35 PM

You gonna be there?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

Duck Butter 05-21-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smalls (Post 582632)
You gonna be there?

yes, you?

Smalls 05-21-2013 03:21 PM

Yep, longleaf is one of my favorite ecosystems. Love the field days.

Duck Butter 05-21-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smalls (Post 582678)
Yep, longleaf is one of my favorite ecosystems. Love the field days.

See you there. I am speaking, thrown in with some fellow I don't know. Going to the site tomorrow hopefully it doesn't rain

Crawl79 05-21-2013 03:44 PM

Man I really wish I could make that, I hunt in some longleaf areas and trying to understand better about them.

Smalls 05-23-2013 05:17 PM

This was a great field day, really enjoyed it. Too bad I had to split a little early. Nice to have finally met Duck Butter and put a face to a name as well. For some reason I figured you were much older than you actually are, lol. Great presentation by the way.

Duck Butter 05-24-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smalls (Post 583807)
This was a great field day, really enjoyed it. Too bad I had to split a little early. Nice to have finally met Duck Butter and put a face to a name as well. For some reason I figured you were much older than you actually are, lol. Great presentation by the way.

yeah brah, keep in touch we have some property in Calc Parish if you ever wanna go check it out

Smalls 05-24-2013 10:13 AM

I've actually been out to one of the properties over here. Can't remember which one it was, but it was a pretty cool thing to see. That was probably what got me so interested in longleaf to begin with, and of course Kisatchie. I wish I could remember which property that was, for some reason I want to say it was up around Gillis or something.

Duck Butter 05-24-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smalls (Post 584165)
I've actually been out to one of the properties over here. Can't remember which one it was, but it was a pretty cool thing to see. That was probably what got me so interested in longleaf to begin with, and of course Kisatchie. I wish I could remember which property that was, for some reason I want to say it was up around Gillis or something.

CC Road Savanna is near Gillis, some cool stuff out there

Smalls 05-24-2013 11:33 AM

Yeah that was it. Definitely a cool place, only got to spend about an hour in there though. That was for one of my wildlife classes, may have been wetlands because that is used as a mitigation bank, is it not? It's wet pine savannah if I remember right.

Duck Butter 05-24-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smalls (Post 584199)
Yeah that was it. Definitely a cool place, only got to spend about an hour in there though. That was for one of my wildlife classes, may have been wetlands because that is used as a mitigation bank, is it not? It's wet pine savannah if I remember right.

Some of it is a mitigation bank, but yes wet pine savanna, lotsa stuff blooming out there right now

Smalls 05-24-2013 11:42 AM

Hmmm, I bet that's a sight to see.