SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Freshwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   caney lake (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52386)

Cajun87 04-05-2014 08:13 AM

caney lake

I have a trip planned for caney lake in a few weeks, gonna take the family up to the state park. I've never fished there and understand it can be difficult to fish, can anyone give me some pointers on what to expect or what the fishing might be like. I'm going to attempt to do some bass fishing but if there is something else that wants to bite I'm game to catch anything.

Duck Butter 04-05-2014 09:43 AM

I used to fish there a good bit for white perch. Can't help you with bass, but the lake is full of bream. There are several coves on the lake and just find some lily pads in a cove and drown some crickets. You can usually see the bream beds, the water is clear up there.

They catch some giant chinquapin this time of year and they use the same beds year after year, but the locations are kept secret. You can actually smell the beds, it smells like cut grass. They like nightcrawlers, baby crawfish, or grass shrimp if you run across any.

Its a pretty place and the state park is nice. There is a bait store on the other end of the lake by the bridge and they can point you in the right direction when you get there.

meaux fishing 04-05-2014 11:41 AM

There is plenty of bass right around the state park. Watermelon seed weightless fluke.

moe1967 04-05-2014 10:05 PM

Very Clear Water in that lake. Find some grass, and you'll probably find the bass.

Jcredeur 04-06-2014 04:19 PM

When are you going??? I'll be up there the first weekend in May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cajun87 04-09-2014 03:21 PM

we head up there for easter weekend.

Cajun87 04-09-2014 06:34 PM

duck butter, is that bait store on the water, or do i have to drive around the lake to it?

meaux fishing 04-09-2014 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajun87 (Post 679389)
duck butter, is that bait store on the water, or do i have to drive around the lake to it?

yeah its on the water. Its called Browns Landing. Its on the west side of the lake off hwy 4

Jcredeur 04-28-2014 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajun87 (Post 677980)
I have a trip planned for caney lake in a few weeks, gonna take the family up to the state park. I've never fished there and understand it can be difficult to fish, can anyone give me some pointers on what to expect or what the fishing might be like. I'm going to attempt to do some bass fishing but if there is something else that wants to bite I'm game to catch anything.

Y'all do any good???? Headed up Friday for the weekend....

Cajun87 04-28-2014 04:47 PM

Man they had that massive cold front come through a few days before so we didnt catch any bass and only caught a dozen or so bream

Jcredeur 04-28-2014 07:59 PM

That sucks! Well hope we can get on a few this weekend...