SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Icc vb 9-14-13 (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47867)

danielsharris12 09-14-2013 10:14 PM

Icc vb 9-14-13

This is my first post on this site. Just joined and been fishing alot trying to learn the bay since we just got a boat. Went out of ICC straight to Redfish Point. Fished the point and the reef (at the instruction of an experienced friend) only to find a bunch of nice size galfs using a variety of bait... dead shrimp, doa shrimp under popping cork, and jigs under corks and some stuff on the bottom too. Moved to the game wardens camp near there saw a couple of reds hit surface but couldn't get any to the boat. went out to the pass but ended up chasing birds till we had to head in... not much luck. i know September is a tuff transitional month but man its frustrating. anyone doing any good consistently ? any words of advice for a relatively new person trying to learn how to put a decent fish box together out of the bay.

Thanks in advance. Sorry if i come off as a newb. I'm just trying to get involved in the conversation and gain some knowledge, so i figured i would post instead of just reading everyone else's. I loved fishing more than anything else as a boy and now I'm finally able to get back into it as an adult and there's nothing better!

haoward 09-14-2013 10:25 PM

Welcome !

vittok 09-14-2013 10:31 PM

Welcome to VBay my friend.

selout 09-15-2013 08:49 AM

Me and a friend caught a two man limit of reds in SW pass yesterday9-14-13,we left them biting.Fresh shrimp under a popping cork did the trick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cletus3173 09-15-2013 08:53 AM

Welcome to the site.

red robin 09-15-2013 08:59 AM

Follow the bank anywere in the bay,fish with shrimp,cut or live mullet under a poping cork,stick with it and you will catch all the red's you want.

Jrchip1 09-15-2013 06:01 PM

In my mind it'd been slow since August.

SeaHunt19 09-15-2013 08:35 PM

Welcome to the site. I agree with Selout. I've been catching reds and a few flounder along the reefs in Southwest Pass. Good Luck!!

wishin i was fishin 09-15-2013 09:48 PM

Welcome dude, VB is a tricky place. Stay at it and keep reading post, they will get you in the right direction.

When the water cools off a bit the bay will blow up! The time is near...

danielsharris12 09-15-2013 11:28 PM

Thanks for all the replies. We going again saturday and hopefully make heads and tails of it. Catch you on the other side.

yigodiver 09-16-2013 08:26 PM

Red Robin,

You the gentleman that used to post on Acadiana Fishing site? Always enjoyed your posts, and man you catch some fish. I am sure we have crossed paths in the Bay. Looks like you new to this site, Welcome. Looking forward to some of ya posts. Maybe I can learn something from you as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by red robin (Post 627378)
Follow the bank anywere in the bay,fish with shrimp,cut or live mullet under a poping cork,stick with it and you will catch all the red's you want.

redaddiction 09-16-2013 08:37 PM

Yeah I remember Red Robin too! He's the redfish and catfish king! Lol dude is always catching fish.

Goooh 09-16-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redaddiction (Post 627957)
Yeah I remember Red Robin too! He's the redfish and catfish king! Lol dude is always catching fish.

Same here, I'd do forensics on his pics to make sure he wasn't posting doubles from the past!

Sent

SULPHITE 09-16-2013 08:42 PM

Welcome to site guys!!