SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   You Used To (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63693)

Goooh 04-03-2016 07:44 PM

You Used To

Be able to burn up a whole day on this forum, now it takes 3 days for the equivalent post count of 3 hours back in the gap.

Checked the gill net and ain't nothing happened in 10 months.

What happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duck Butter 04-03-2016 07:50 PM

It's just the natural progression of outdoors websites

meaux fishing 04-03-2016 10:16 PM

Too many butt hurt people

swamp snorkler 04-04-2016 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goooh (Post 791379)
Be able to burn up a whole day on this forum, now it takes 3 days for the equivalent post count of 3 hours back in the gap.

Checked the gill net and ain't nothing happened in 10 months.

What happened?

I check it when I get to work, not much been happening lately, Some of my favorites rarely post here anymore. Some others use it as a diary.

AubreyLaHaye458 04-04-2016 06:51 AM

Primary hunting sites get slow in the summer. Primary fishing sights get slow in the winter. Fishing hasn't really kicked off yet and hunting season is pretty much over so everyone is still grumpy. Once the weather gets stable and people start catching fish I think business will pick up some.

B-Stealth 04-04-2016 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swamp snorkler (Post 791401)
I check it when I get to work, not much been happening lately, Some of my favorites rarely post here anymore. Some others use it as a diary.

Lol, heard that. Dear John..... bla bla bla.

ckinchen 04-04-2016 07:03 AM

I think over the years at some point a lot of the original guys have been upset by someone or something and don't come around as much. We do have a significant amount of new members we just aren't seeing them post as much. But I do agree it's slower naturally this time of year.

duckman1911 04-04-2016 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Stealth (Post 791405)
Lol, heard that. Dear John..... bla bla bla.

It could be because of this kind of stuff? In general discussion pretty much anything can be posted. Hence the use of the word "general". Don't like it just move on.

ahlangle 04-04-2016 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 (Post 791404)
Primary hunting sites get slow in the summer. Primary fishing sights get slow in the winter. Fishing hasn't really kicked off yet and hunting season is pretty much over so everyone is still grumpy. Once the weather gets stable and people start catching fish I think business will pick up some.

I agree. I am no expert, but try to contribute to boards by posting all observations when I finally get to get out on the water. In the meantime, I find "educational" fishing knowledge threads really helpful, but I hesitate to post things like that since I don't feel qualified. These boards have helped me alot and my progression in general, especially Big Lake area, and I'd like to help keep em up so they don't float away like another big lake board seems to have done.
I'll take any suggestions on how to keep it lively in here and I'll do what I can.

Cappy 04-04-2016 11:48 AM

I am still here just a lil older fatter poorer and dont get out like I usta.

PotLikinisAhabbit 04-04-2016 12:23 PM

#2pagesRbust

Goooh 04-04-2016 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahlangle (Post 791452)
I agree. I am no expert, but try to contribute to boards by posting all observations when I finally get to get out on the water. In the meantime, I find "educational" fishing knowledge threads really helpful, but I hesitate to post things like that since I don't feel qualified. These boards have helped me alot and my progression in general, especially Big Lake area, and I'd like to help keep em up so they don't float away like another big lake board seems to have done.

I'll take any suggestions on how to keep it lively in here and I'll do what I can.

Lack of experience and qualification stops nobody from posting, have at it buddy!

swamp snorkler 04-04-2016 03:09 PM

Quote:

I'm a member of a couple other sites...... they have traffic year round and always something new and exciting happening. Never seams to slow down.

duckman1911 04-04-2016 06:41 PM

I must admit the humor I find in a thread about nobody starting threads and the thread owner only replies once. Unless you're in a mental institution a conversation requires at a minimum 2 people. One can't say something about lack of involvement yet not be involved themselves. Just an observation.

Goooh 04-04-2016 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckman1911 (Post 791487)
I must admit the humor I find in a thread about nobody starting threads and the thread owner only replies once. Unless you're in a mental institution a conversation requires at a minimum 2 people. One can't say something about lack of involvement yet not be involved themselves. Just an observation.

Want me to reply to every post? Or just yours so you don't get your feelings hurt?

Goooh 04-04-2016 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck Butter (Post 791380)
It's just the natural progression of outdoors websites

Replied

Goooh 04-04-2016 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 791394)
Too many butt hurt people

Replied, thanks for the response

Goooh 04-04-2016 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swamp snorkler (Post 791401)

Replied, thanks for your participation

Goooh 04-04-2016 06:55 PM

Quote:

Replied

Goooh 04-04-2016 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckinchen (Post 791406)
I think over the years at some point a lot of the original guys have been upset by someone or something and don't come around as much. We do have a significant amount of new members we just aren't seeing them post as much. But I do agree it's slower naturally this time of year.

Relied, thanks Casey