SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Elton hunt with Huey Danger...... (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48011)

Dink 09-20-2013 12:13 PM

Elton hunt with Huey Danger......

4 Attachment(s)
Up and at em at 4am. On the road for 4:30. Hit the rain around Crowley and My heart sunk......

My boys first time coming on a hunt and its raining. I'm thinking he is gonna be miserable and hate it and never want to come again......

Got to the feild and he didn't want to get out of the truck in the rain. Finally talked him into it and got his poncho on. Once he was outside, he stqrted talking about what we were doing and asking questions and DID NOT STOP till we left.

I had real high hopes because of the conditions. But as the sun came up...............nothing. and I mean NOTHING!! Except the mosquitos of course.

30 minutes later, BIG FLOCK!!! Something spooked them. Few minutes later, HUGE FLOCK!! Way high and in a hurry goin east. Few minutes later and they were comin in hot. Flared about 50 yds out and hightailed it.....

Went got more decoys and rearranged things. By this time I'm pretty bummed, but he was having a blast blowing the calls and shooting the decoys on the water.

I'm getting worried cause I have to get him to school soon and go to work. Was thinking it would be a bust and he would never come back.......

Then it happened!! 3 came in from the left. I pointed them out and he got his gun ready....... It was a looooong 10 seconds hoping and hoping they would come all the way in. And it happened!! All 3 hit the water. My Brother Alan was ready, I was ready, and Huey was ready......Alan and I just needed to hear that one thing so we could shoot.......we waited and waited and waited, the ducks started to take flight and we still waited......... then we heard it! The faint sound of the Red Ryder letting its lethal power be known, and boom! 2 fell right off the bat (the pair Huey was aiming at) and I popped the third as it tried to fly away......

What a sigh of relief!!

Huey jumped up!! Eyes as big as saucers!! He couldn't believe what had just happened. After what seemed like hours and hours of waiting, he had done it! I went and grabbed the pair and Alan went to get the single. Huey was pointing out the way for me to find the one he shot. Sure enough, only one hole in that duck. Right next to its eye! He said he was aiming for its head! I giggled and just smiled and hugged him.

Hunt was now OVER! His smile was amazing to see. Ill remember this day for the rest of my life and I hope he does too.

What started out as a situation no kid I know wouldve wanted to be in, turned out to be magical.

When we got to school his class was just coming out to recess. He got to show all of his classmated what he had done.

Proudest Dad ever is right here!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

huntin fool 09-20-2013 12:20 PM

Best report I've seen on this site. Awesome job Tim

meaux fishing 09-20-2013 12:21 PM

Awesome hunt Tim

mequain 09-20-2013 12:36 PM

Awesome! Sounds like you will have a permanent hunting partner now, I love reading stories like this!

Dink 09-20-2013 12:39 PM

He asked if we could go back tonight and tomorrow and the next day......

jchief 09-20-2013 12:55 PM

Great job Tim.

Tell Huey that he is going to be the next Phil Robertson

mriguy 09-20-2013 12:56 PM

Best duck report ever, all others do not even come close!!!!

Matt G 09-20-2013 12:59 PM

Awesome job Tim! I think you'll have a lifetime hunter on your hands now. And Huey's gonna have some jealous friends at school when he tells him he shot a duck in the face with his dad!!!

Lake Chuck Duck 09-20-2013 01:07 PM

Hooked!

Goooh 09-20-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 629066)
Best report I've seen on this site. Awesome job Tim

Yep

Way to raise an upstanding citizen Dink!

Sent

Micah 09-20-2013 01:28 PM

Very awesome!

specktator 09-20-2013 01:40 PM

Great job Tim! Good thing Huey looks like his momma!! Cute little knucklehead!

BIG-C 09-20-2013 01:44 PM

Congrats to you and Huey.

Mako19 09-20-2013 01:56 PM

Thanks for sharing Dink! Make sure to save those pictures in a safe place! Years from now you will be able to pull those pictures out and tell the story just like you did on this report.

Reading this report just made my day.

Good job!

wetaline 09-20-2013 03:39 PM

Those are some great memories for both of you. Great report!!!

Red Devil 09-20-2013 03:42 PM

Way to go brother!! That's awesome.

Jordan 09-20-2013 03:44 PM

Very nice job Tim

Crawl79 09-20-2013 03:57 PM

Awesome duck killa right there!

homerun 09-20-2013 07:36 PM

If you take them when they are young they will take you when you are old.

Remember and never forget.

T-Bone 09-20-2013 09:42 PM

Great story. I am sure Huey will be talking about this hunt for a very long time. Hope all is well on your end.