SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Rod building (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28552)

msuchill4 02-28-2012 11:19 PM

Rod building

Hey guys, any of ya'll tried your hand at making your own rods? I have been looking at some stuff for a little while.. mainly on mudhole.com and i like alot of the stuff i see. Wondering if any one has any tips or advice on it?

Ratdog 02-28-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msuchill4 (Post 398808)
Hey guys, any of ya'll tried your hand at making your own rods? I have been looking at some stuff for a little while.. mainly on mudhole.com and i like alot of the stuff i see. Wondering if any one has any tips or advice on it?

I will trade a hand made net for a hand made rod.

Go for it man bet what ever u turn out it will be better than wall mart. Or any store bought poll.

Trade is real offer.

jchief 02-29-2012 09:06 AM

I just ordered a building and plan on starting next month. Been reading and studying. Friend gave me a hand wrapper to start with

BIG RED 1983 02-29-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msuchill4 (Post 398808)

YOU CAN PM RIGRATNOMEAUX HE IS A PROUD MAKER OF CUSTOM RODS AND A SPONSOR OF THIS SITE. (duce rods)

I DON'T THINK HE WILL TELL YOU EXACTLY WHAT THEY DO TO THEIR RODS FOR COMPETITION REASONS.

BUT WITH HIM BEING A SPONSOR AND A ROD BUILDER I COULD NOT SEE WHY HE WOULD NOT GIVE A FELLOW MEMBER OF THIS SITE A FEW POINTERS TO GET THEM STARTED.

msuchill4 02-29-2012 09:51 AM

Thanks, Im not lookin to get into business, i just want to make my own for myself and maybe some friends and family. J Chief, where are you gettin your blanks and supplies from?

PBJ 02-29-2012 09:52 AM

I made some a few years ago. I have a couple of books and some material laying around the house somewhere if you're interested.

BIG RED 1983 02-29-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msuchill4 (Post 398883)
thanks, im not lookin to get into business, i just want to make my own for myself and maybe some friends and family. J chief, where are you gettin your blanks and supplies from?

i did not think you were looking to get in business from your original post that is why i would think duce would give you some pointers to help you out seeing as how he knows all about rods

msuchill4 02-29-2012 10:19 AM

alright, sounds good.. and pbj that would be great

CustomRod 02-29-2012 12:12 PM

I've been building rods for about 13 years as a hobby. Turn out a few a year for my son, a couple of friends and myself. Mudhole is a great place to get started. If you contact them ask to talk to Bob McKamey as he can get you completely set up. Another option would be Lance Dupre at Swampland Rods in Houma. He has an extensive lineup of components and is a great guy who will provide lots of good advice.

jchief 02-29-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CustomRod (Post 398936)
I've been building rods for about 13 years as a hobby. Turn out a few a year for my son, a couple of friends and myself. Mudhole is a great place to get started. If you contact them ask to talk to Bob McKamey as he can get you completely set up. Another option would be Lance Dupre at Swampland Rods in Houma. He has an extensive lineup of components and is a great guy who will provide lots of good advice.

Been researching and i agree.

msuchill4 02-29-2012 03:20 PM

thanks guys .. thats gonna help me alot